News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Refurbs

Started by John, May 07, 2012, 11:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

4166 also out today, refurb/repaint

PM

Yep, I got 4166 on the 61/63 this afternoon and wasnt overly impressed. Seats and floor were good-floor hadnt been redone but didnt need to be-but the handrails were in several shades of pink and red etc and looked horrendous.

Ashley

The floor on 4166 I think may have been done when WN had it repainted in 2007, all the same I remember it being in decent nick but 4148 4185 4186 are ones il look out for, any news on 4172 and 4372

Rob H

4185's floor is still the same Ashley ;) I also would like to know the news on 4172 & 4372 :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

JIM C

IN DUNDEE WE HAVE BUSES THAT HAVE NOW BEEN SCRAPED ,AND NEVER SEEN A LICK OF PAINT LET ALONE REFURBISHED. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A BUS COMPANY TREAT THEIR VECHICLES LIKE THIS .

Tony

John

I wonder if 4172 will get an LED display as it is missing it's Dot Matrix display?

Rob H

NXWM have done a FANTASTIC Job on both 4172 & 4315 :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

MW

Quote from: Tony on June 22, 2012, 07:26:24 PM
Two more at BC are

4172 http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4001-4224/4172.html
4315 http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4225-4474/4315.html

Why aren't any Tridents fitted with the LED front lights, as the ones fitted on the Presidents. I notice in 4172's photo, that 4041 next to it has LED indicator lights on the front.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

I'd love to know why on new buses and buses in for repair, repaint is what looks like a green plastic cover always put over the steering wheel? What is the point? To show the vehicle is Off the road or something?

Tony

Quote from: wilmotm on June 22, 2012, 10:04:09 PM
I'd love to know why on new buses and buses in for repair, repaint is what looks like a green plastic cover always put over the steering wheel? What is the point? To show the vehicle is Off the road or something?

Yes, it is to stop a defective vehicle being taken out. An engineer working on a bus should put one of those covers on so no-one other than him or another engineer who knows what is wrong with it jumps in and drives it.

As you may guess from some of the photos on my website I will go in some garages and pose them for nice photographs (with manager's permission). I wouldn't want to move a bus with defectiove brakes or steering and these covers stop that happening

Ashley

On Tonys point, I must say the shots you take in garages are always great as well as all the others you take, 4315 looks brilliant as does 4172

Ashley

If there are more to go in, im sure somebody will mention it on here.

I saw 4547 on the 126 today. Along with 4563, its been back a few weeks from its fire damage repairs, but im stumped, the seats were still those fitted last summer, the only thing that looked different was the ceiling, can anyone tell me what happened during the fire and how much damage was caused.

Tony

4633 now has its new engine fitted and is at BC having the body refurbishment.

4644 is now at Walsall having a retrim & repaint

Ashley

Looking forward to seeing 4644 and 4653 on the outer circle new paintwork and interior, the only trouble is, theres less colour to the current standard trim so they fade much more noticeably than say a WA B7RLE. Also, its funny that many of BCs refurbed Tridents started at at WN, its not a big deal, just an observation

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk