News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Refurbs

Started by John, May 07, 2012, 11:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Ashley on June 15, 2012, 10:42:17 PM
1629 is back in service, refurbed and repainted

It has already been back in service briefly following refurb until its gearbox went

Ashley

I didn't know it went for refurb prior to the gearbox issues. Looks much better from the outside

richie

4806 returned from paint shop Friday night

winston

Quote from: richie on June 16, 2012, 05:41:07 PM
4806 returned from paint shop Friday night

Richie,

Are 1633 & 4827 still next to be treated to a repaint?

Typically how long is a bus away for?, now that NX are re-trimming/re-furbishing at the same time as painting them

richie

They are still on the list  takes about 2 to 3 weeks for enviro and 3 to 4 for Merc as they have new floors fitted.

winston

Quote from: richie on June 16, 2012, 07:07:46 PM
They are still on the list  takes about 2 to 3 weeks for enviro and 3 to 4 for Merc as they have new floors fitted.

Thanks Richie

Ashley

1633 and have 1647 had new seat covers put in a month or so ago. Wouldnt it be logic to paint both rather than one instead of the other. Hope to see 4806 soon. On that note I saw 4800 in Merry Hill bus station friday afternoon and it had a repaint i think in november, it looked as if nothing had been done to it or is it just my eyes playing up again lol

winston

Quote from: Ashley on June 16, 2012, 08:37:05 PM
1633 and have 1647 had new seat covers put in a month or so ago. Wouldnt it be logic to paint both rather than one instead of the other. Hope to see 4806 soon. On that note I saw 4800 in Merry Hill bus station friday afternoon and it had a repaint i think in november, it looked as if nothing had been done to it or is it just my eyes playing up again lol

Both will probably be painted in time, it will largely be dictated by Pensnett's budget, MOT dates, available slots in the paintshop etc. They will no doubt have to be done one at a time, as Pensnett can't afford to have too many buses away being painted due to total Pvr requirement & reduced engineering spares etc

Tony

Two more in for refurb are 1767 & 4337

Ashley

nx4737

Quote from: andy on June 08, 2012, 04:06:08 PM
Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 08, 2012, 02:32:38 PM
Quote from: andy on June 08, 2012, 12:25:14 PM
Strange comments! I don't understand why people think a vehicle shouldn't be refurbed 'because it doesn't need it'....these vehicles are nearly 10 years old and are still in as delivered spec, including out of date livery. All vehicles should be on a programme of overhaul whatever their condition and when you compare pictures of 4482 etc to a non refurbed exmple, there really is no comparison...

That is only due to iot been a recent refurb. I'd much rather have stripey livery than a dirty refurb like the early AG repaints!

I understand your point and agree that a lot of early repaints and refurbs were done to a pretty poor standard, but you still have to overhaul vehcles regularly or you risk the ridiculous situation NX have now where until last month there were still 4 different liveries floating about. No bus should reach 10 years with one operator without some form of overhaul.

Which one of the four liveries was lost last month then?  Sorry, I've not been keeping up :P

Tony

AG 4112 is now at PB weaiting to go into the service support bay for work before repaint

PB 4302 is currently at WB with almost every panel removed halfway through refurb before repaint

MW

Quote from: Tony on June 20, 2012, 09:21:03 PM
AG 4112 is now at PB weaiting to go into the service support bay for work before repaint

PB 4302 is currently at WB with almost every panel removed halfway through refurb before repaint

Leaving three more in service carrying branding for the one, those being 4043, 4046 and 4111.

Rob H

4185 is now back in service got on it on the 957 this morning from Sheldon to Solihull at around 10:05 :) plus 4148 is also back in service seen it on the 97A a couple of days ago :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Rob H

Quote from: Stu on May 27, 2012, 06:10:00 PM
4025 is out on the 1 today, and looks 'brand-new'  8)

Compared to the other recently-repainted Presidents on this route today, you can really see the difference, as you can't see the gaps between panels, looks smooth all over.

Nice work, now maybe soon 4111 and 4112 will get the same treatment!

4112 is now in for a Refurb but is currently at the support bay at PB awaiting repanelling ;)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk