News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Refurbs

Started by John, May 07, 2012, 11:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: Ashley on June 25, 2012, 07:51:28 PM
Looking forward to seeing 4644 and 4653 on the outer circle new paintwork and interior, the only trouble is, theres less colour to the current standard trim so they fade much more noticeably than say a WA B7RLE. Also, its funny that many of BCs refurbed Tridents started at at WN, its not a big deal, just an observation

It'd be more likely to see 4644 on the 5, rather than the 11 now.

Bearwood11

Is there an allocation for the Gemini's at AG,are some specifically allocated to the 11 and others to the 5. With the pushing back of the city centre emission criteria has swapping of Presidents for Gemini's at AG been stopped. Still seems that Gemini's run 3 out of 4 of the 11 services (Purely an observation). Obviously the Presidents can't run on the 5 due to height issues. Wasn't 4653 previously 11 branded will it be rebranded that way or be unbranded to operate the 11. How many buses does the 5 need it's not exactlly high frequency.May be me being stupid but looked caught an 11 out of the corner of my eye the other day with what looked like slightly revised 11 branding. Are they still going to route brand some Gemini's with new 11 stickers?

Bearwood11

Apologies for all the questions which I tried to disguise by not using questions marks, plus clearly I meant unbranded for running the 5 not the 11, apologies my first post

MW

There doesn't appear to be a specific allocation for Geminis/Presidents. Only 7-8 used on the 5, unless you get a Scania Omnilink, or a rare Eclipse2.

The rest of routes that require double deck boards, being the 1, 11A, 11C, 31, 31A, 37, 73 and 966 see mixes of Presidents and Geminis.

On observation, I'd say that the Presidents on the 11 are now equal to the amount of Geminis if not greater, based on what I saw on Saturday in Acocks Green Village, but it doesn't appear to be specific so you might well have a day when it's mainly Gemini and the next where it's mainly President!

Bearwood11

Cheers for your response, greatly appreciated. Weekdays definitely seem more Gemini operated although have seen quite a few 11 branded Gemini's on the 5 on Saturday/Sunday

Discodave

I have not seen many of the volvo ALX200 bodies deckers being refurbed still se a lot in a very tatty TWM livery one was broken down in new invention in the wolverhampton direction (not going to walsall) with branding in I think it was dudley rd evry 5 mins a little out its way?

MW

Quote from: Discodave on June 26, 2012, 11:12:58 AM
I have not seen many of the volvo ALX200 bodies deckers being refurbed still se a lot in a very tatty TWM livery one was broken down in new invention in the wolverhampton direction (not going to walsall) with branding in I think it was dudley rd evry 5 mins a little out its way?

I assume you mean ALX400, not 200.

Also, I didn't know any ALX400s had Dudley Road branding. Are you sure?

Discodave

Sorry should have relised my cock up yes ALX 400 body it just a green circle with a route frequency of 5 mins and text around was from the older twm period did pass it quick but did see the 5 mins bit there are some pics on the forum of similar buses with this type on but finding it difficult to find them not just double decks

Discodave

just to add found a pic must have been west brom - Birmingham branding 4227 in the picture site has one but this volvo had no green around the destination

Tony

Sounds like a Soho Road branded bus parked at New Invention waiting to start one of their school runs

Discodave

It was having a leak the bonnet was up and a puddle still a way out for west brom like pennsnet doing the st pauls girl school run on the 9s if they still do it

Tony

Quote from: Discodave on June 26, 2012, 05:53:41 PM
It was having a leak the bonnet was up and a puddle still a way out for west brom like pennsnet doing the st pauls girl school run on the 9s if they still do it

West Bromwich garage do a couple of School Runs to Thomas More school in Willenhall, so would have been one of those when it conked

Tony

Tony

Perry Barr have now started work on 4112

Ashley

4186 looks brill!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk