News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Refurbs

Started by John, May 07, 2012, 11:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeee

What about the Plaxton Centro's introduced by Black Diamond. Belive they entered service before the Omnilinks.

Ash

Yeah the black diamond centro's were intended for the 401/2 and 404B/E/H services and apparently because of the centro's and upgrade from diamond this caused NXWM to uprgrade its 404 service to omnilinks so if the centro's had no upgraded diamond services would mercs still be used on the 404.

andy

Another cracking refurb....4482...they're doing a great job on these Geminis, I hope they get looked after.

Ashley

What other buses are in for refurb atm apart from 4806 and 1627

winston

Quote from: Ashley on June 05, 2012, 10:38:57 PM
What other buses are in for refurb atm apart from 4806 and 1627

Trident 4185 has been reported at Rowan Telmac, Coventry under refurbishment

Tony's your man for anything that is currently in BC's refurbishment bays & Walsall refurbishment bays/Walsall paintshop

Tony

Two more Geminis in for repaint/retrim are 4479 & 4653. Another trident is 4391

BU07 LGO

Shame tio see the PB  Gem's being repainted. Most of the ex-33 ones dont really need a refurb either. Maybe just a good clean and touch up the original livery as they are unique at perry barr, except maybe a few that were sent to wb ?

MW

Quote from: Tony on June 07, 2012, 07:53:13 PM
Two more Geminis in for repaint/retrim are 4479 & 4653. Another trident is 4391

With the new trim I imagine?

4653 will be interesting to see. Not been on any refurb'd vehicles in the new trim.

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 07, 2012, 07:55:25 PM
Shame tio see the PB  Gem's being repainted. Most of the ex-33 ones dont really need a refurb either. Maybe just a good clean and touch up the original livery as they are unique at perry barr, except maybe a few that were sent to wb ?

I think it's good they're being painting, they don't look very good, you can still see outlines of the 'line 33' branding on the majority of the PB gems. I just hope PBs enviros don't get repainted anytime soon, 4737 looks ok, but the toothpaste livery just suits them.

Tomjusttom

Don't let User nx4737 hear that! He likes that e400 in NX LIVERY

John

4479 was in very good external condition for an old 33 Gemini, it doesn't need a refurb. Now 4490 on the other hand......

Ashley

I only saw 4479 last week, it looked pretty tidy really. 4653 could get away with just new trim and a clean because the paintwork is fairly recent, or is the panelling a different kettle of fish so to speak. 4391 could probably do with a full spruce up.
Tony, after piecing together a range of forum posts, is the current refurb list 4148 4172 4185 4186 4508 and 4547 plus the above

Externally, I don't think they look very good.

Ashley

They probably would look better if they wee repanelled like 4524, it would give a more simplistic appearance to the body, make it easier to maintain

Ashley

One to look out for then

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk