News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 19, 2019, 05:33:04 PM
The is NO change to the 14A and the 24 will simply continue past the High St to pick up outside Poundland where EVERYONE waits for Dudley buses, how could this be more tiresome when the only change is the 24 using Bham Rd instead of Siviters Lane the change is very MINOR just 1 road different It would run 11 mins later from Cradley Heath & not serve Merry Hill to improve reliability and would be fitted with the 9A and 14A to give 4 buses an hour DIRECT to The Hailstone so what is it you do not like about a better bus service for Rowley Regis?
They've been messed around/curtailed with loads this year, making it annoying and tiresome for those who depend on these routes. Yes, one road different, is there an actual reason why Siviters Lane doesn't need to be served, and I doubt the regulars will be happy about their bus not going to Merry Hill. Rowley Regis has plenty of 'better bus services', you can keep changing these tendered services but that won't make much difference. If you was to remove the 24 from Merry Hill you will pretty much ruin the service. The whole reasons these services are around is not to improve them and make them better routes, that's the whole reason they are about and why they are tendered services...

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on December 19, 2019, 09:33:44 PM
They've been messed around/curtailed with loads this year, making it annoying and tiresome for those who depend on these routes. Yes, one road different, is there an actual reason why Siviters Lane doesn't need to be served, and I doubt the regulars will be happy about their bus not going to Merry Hill. Rowley Regis has plenty of better bus service's, you can keep changing these tendered services but that won't make much difference. If you was to remove the 24 from Merry Hill you will pretty much ruin the service. The whole reasons these services are around is not to improve them and make them better routes, that's the whole reason they are about and why they are tendered services...
Sorry for the late reply @Jack just got in from my lane swimming in over 10 years of using the 24 regularly with Igo, Diamond and now NXWM I have never ever seen a single person board in Siviters Lane or use it between Cradley Heath & Merry Hill so why run a bus to places no one uses when I did my audit on the route no one boarded in Siviters Lane also and the numbers using the bus to Merry Hill were well below the TfWM the contract minimum it continued due to the business case of NXWM to interwork with the 14A on the tender renewal replacing the 208 other than the change to the 24 this year I cannot recall any other change to the 24 other than it using Perry Park & Codsall to replace the NXWM 129 which was AXED by NXWM proving my point NXWM doesn't care about Blackheath. It is your opinion then Blackheath folk should continue to have the awful service it currently has instead of simple change that benefit all? My argument is to use the bus stop outside Poundland in order to benefit the majority of users of the 24 and for it to operate Cradley Heath to Dudley via Birmingham Road & frankly I would also curtail the 14A to Cradley Heath Interchange as its a total waste of resources for them both to serve Merry Hill when there are plenty of commercial alternatives.

Stu

I have split off a number of off-topic posts from this thread and merged them into the existing Blackheath Bus Services thread.

This is a final warning for all members to abide by the Forum Rules and certain members who keep taking threads off-topic and others joining in arguments with baiting comments will start finding themselves suspended.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stu on December 20, 2019, 06:41:08 PM
I have split off a number of off-topic posts from this thread and merged them into the existing Blackheath Bus Services thread.

This is a final warning for all members to abide by the Forum Rules and certain members who keep taking threads off-topic and others joining in arguments with baiting comments will start finding themselves suspended.
Ok will take note I didnt realise it wasnt in the Blackheath thread many APOLOGIES I only ended up on the X8 today due to a callback from the QE for a biopsy  I am on holiday from the X8 and it seemed to get a bit out of control when it failed to turn up at 12.50 again apologies but I only ever post what I experience when I am actually using the buses I am on. If I experience poor service from an operator I report it as a TfWM Bus Champion and post it on here I apologise if that is not acceptable.

Stu

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 20, 2019, 06:45:32 PM
apologies but I only ever post what I experience when I am actually using the buses I am on. If I experience poor service from an operator I report it as a TfWM Bus Champion and post it on here I apologise if that is not acceptable.

We have no problem with anyone doing that, we just ask that members post comments in the most appropriate topic or start a new one, too many topics are getting derailed lately.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stu on December 20, 2019, 07:51:45 PM
We have no problem with anyone doing that, we just ask that members post comments in the most appropriate topic or start a new one, too many topics are getting derailed lately.
Ok Cheers & Apologies again

Busboy105

I would merge the 16A with the 16 and extend the 16 to Great Barr or to Queslett Asda as a faster alternative to the 424.
OR
Make the 16A an all day service and extend it to Queslett Asda (as a faster alternative to the 424) every 20 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 23, 2019, 01:15:04 PM
I would merge the 16A with the 16 and extend the 16 to Great Barr or to Queslett Asda as a faster alternative to the 424.
OR
Make the 16A an all day service and extend it to Queslett Asda (as a faster alternative to the 424) every 20 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime.
Are you mad ?
The traffic on Queslett Road is a bad enough as it is and the 16 would have to pass through the Scott Arms.
The reliability of the 16 would be in tatters !

Busboy105

Quote from: Steve3229vp on December 23, 2019, 03:22:38 PM
Are you mad ?
The traffic on Queslett Road is a bad enough as it is and the 16 would have to pass through the Scott Arms.
The reliability of the 16 would be in tatters !
Maybe I am.
Or maybe you need to read through my comment again because I said extend it to Great Barr replacing the 16A or extend it to Asda Queslett. That was my second choice.

Lukeee

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 23, 2019, 03:29:25 PM
Maybe I am.
Or maybe you need to read through my comment again because I said extend it to Great Barr replacing the 16A or extend it to Asda Queslett. That was my second choice.

Would possibly work if it went from hamstead village straight up the old Walsall road (46 route) rather than the 16A route, wouldn't be reliable at all however. Personally extending the 52 to Asda queslett might be easier

Jack

What's the point in extending the 16 and 16A to Asda? They tried with the 46 when the 651 went and barely anyone used it. What was the whole point in that 651 anyway, you'd never see anyway using it and it carried fresh air. Perry Beeches already has a service to Asda, the 424: which people do use, no more than several normally but it is getting used. You could extend the 52 but it's not much point because the 997 stops no more than 8 mins anyway from the Hassop terminus.

If the 52 was to be extended then I'd re-route the 997 by letting the 52 serve Old Oscott and the 997 carrying on down Aldridge Road. Would save a good 7-11 minutes on the 997 than going through the back streets.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 23, 2019, 03:29:25 PM
Maybe I am.
Diamond have made the 16W work I use it regulary so you never know would your 16 follow the (4)5(1) to Asda its a popular section of route remember both Diamond & Petes Travel had a bash at short 451?

Jack

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 23, 2019, 10:47:46 PM
Diamond have made the 16W work I use it regulary so you never know would your 16 follow the (4)5(1) to Asda its a popular section of route remember both Diamond & Petes Travel had a bash at short 451?
Again, that would make no sense and a massive waste of time... if you ever see how the 5 gets caught at Scott Arms and Queslett Asda then you wouldn't want the 16 going there... it's not like Hamstead are missing out, they've had 2 tries, the 651 and 46 and both have failed so at what cost is sending the 16 there going to do?

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on December 23, 2019, 10:52:16 PM
Again, that would make no sense and a massive waste of time... if you ever see how the 5 gets caught at Scott Arms and Queslett Asda then you wouldn't want the 16 going there... it's not like Hamstead are missing out, they've had 2 tries, the 651 and 46 and both have failed so at what cost is sending the 16 there going to do?
Yes Jack i see your point about the 5 I use it about a once a month and Scott Arms is a nightmare mind you I am sure there was Centro contract run by Midland Red West with Centtro livery Talbot Pullmans that ran a 16 type service that went off route from Hampstead to Asda once I seem to remember bringing a relief Lance from DH to replace an ailling Pullman a long time ago before the Pullmans the route had ex Badgerline Transits in full Badgetline colours on it I am sure!

John

Quote from: Lukeee on December 23, 2019, 10:40:26 PM
Would possibly work if it went from hamstead village straight up the old Walsall road (46 route) rather than the 16A route, wouldn't be reliable at all however. Personally extending the 52 to Asda queslett might be easier

That was the old 16A route years ago wasn't it?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk