News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

Quote from: 2206 on January 02, 2020, 11:15:23 PM
There are buses every few minutes from Plough and Harrow to St Pauls Square, Sheepcote Street and St Chads on the Hagley Road services. The Plough and Harrow is nowhere near the parts of Edgbaston that the 61/63, 45/47 and X20/X21/X22 serve, so of course they are of no use to you.
And the 1 already goes from Priory Road to Highfield Road (near the Plough And Harrow), if that's what you meant.
Thank you @2206 I think I am very aware of the frequent services from The Plough & Harrow to The City one of which is a certain service from Wolverhampton to Birmingham via Blackheath I may have mentioned this service before on the forum my point is regulary attend meetings at the tennis club and afterwards  I always have to attend another meeting related in St Pauls Square the proposed changes to the 1 would save me changing buses.

Sh4318

Quote from: Busboy105 on January 02, 2020, 09:44:52 PM
When the Paradise Circus works end, I would like to see the AG1 go back to serving the City Centre again. I never really understood why it never went to Colmore Row like the Harborne and Hagley Road services but anyway let's get back to the topic at hand.
There's three ways that I would make the 1 return to town: the 1A won't be affected.
1. From Five Ways, it can follow the Harborne and Hagley Road services but at Snow Hill, it will turn left at the WM Police headquarters to terminate at the old Megabus bus stop at Colmore Circus ( the 23 and the 24 already go beyond Colmore Circus no need for another service).
2. A variation of the 1st change, it can turn right onto Suffolk Street Queensway and follow the old 126 diversion route by serving New Street Station to terminate at the Markets.
3. From Five Ways, it can follow the 80/A, X20/21/22 to the city centre where it can terminate at either the Markets or at the unused bus stop at Moor Street Queensway ( the one next to the old BY17 beginning stop don't know the stop number).
P.S just checked on Google Maps that the beginning of Broad Street by the Library of Birmingham and Suffolk Street Queensway will be reopening in the summer so I assume the 82/87 will go back to its old loop otherwise the 1 can go down that route as well and terminate at the unused bus stop next to the bus gate.

The 1 isn't that type of route. It links a lot of areas in Birmingham to each other, the majority areas on the route have a service to Birmingham City Centre
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

richardjones210368

Quote from: Sh4318 on January 03, 2020, 10:03:07 PM
The 1 isn't that type of route. It links a lot of areas in Birmingham to each other, the majority areas on the route have a service to Birmingham City Centre
Fair point but the 1 to Town Hall as it was,was a usefull service off peak.

Caught the X12 and X70 today, very nice fast trip not having to stop between Farmhurst Road and City Centre.
Wander if a routing of the X70 along Bromford Lane and Coleshill Road would work (With the X12 already serving the present route). Giving an express link to the City Centre from Bromford Lane.
Or maybe it'd only be me that would benefit from something like that and would use it on Bromford Lane to the City Centre. Since its quite a long way to walk from Bromford Lane by, St Margarets Road lights to the 55/94 or X12. 
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

sonic84

Is it worth any of the hagley road services doing a loop of the city similar to the 23 / 24. None of the hagley road services have a connection with New Street station.

richardjones210368

Quote from: sonic84 on January 10, 2020, 06:33:59 PM
Is it worth any of the hagley road services doing a loop of the city similar to the 23 / 24. None of the hagley road services have a connection with New Street station.
The 126 used to do it I do not think it would be a good idea for the X8 9 or X10 and the other Hagley Rd Services for reliability issues.

Jack

Obviously not the X8... I recall the 127, 128, 129 (weirdly not the 120) doing a loop of the markets back from July 2012 until sometime in 2013? As well as the 126 until 2017...

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on January 10, 2020, 08:17:37 PM
Obviously not the X8... I recall the 127, 128, 129 (weirdly not the 120) doing a loop of the markets back from July 2012 until sometime in 2013? As well as the 126 until 2017...
Obviously not the X8 @Jack the 127 128 129 had massive realibiliy problems which is why they went back to the 140 loop I used the 126 to meet my mum and dad regularly on an evening at The Amber Tavern when they were up from Torquay and found it usefull link when coming in from Smallbrook Queensway.

richardjones210368

Quote from: sonic84 on January 10, 2020, 06:33:59 PM
Pretty sure that is what The Mayors extention of The Metro is designed for to Five Ways.

Busboy105

Quote from: j789 on September 13, 2019, 09:42:51 PM
The only way the 50a would work would be to have it as a more frequent all day service. I have suggested before that one bus every 20 minutes could go to Wythall instead of Druids Heath from the Maypole. If it went straight down the Hollywood bypass to a Becketts island then did the route back through Wythall and Hollywood to the Maypole it could be done in about 15 minutes. The buses at aDruids Heath seem to have about several minutes parked up time at the terminus so taking away that plus the time to and from there to the maypole would probably equal about 15 minutes too, so it could be changed without needing any extra vehicles.

The only issue would be that the 50a would not get any make up time at its outer terminus. This however I do not think is a major problem as at the Maypole the normal 50 will still be able to maintain a mostly 4-5 minute frequency so could fill any gap if there was a delay. Also, if the 50a was inter run with the 50 then on its second trip it would get the make up time at Druids Heath. Wythall is a large area, with significant social housing as well as affluent areas , and is crying out for such a service. The A4 is not great as irregular as is the 150 service .
What if the 2 got extended to Wythall? Runs every 20 minutes between Brum and Maypole so one or two journeys could extend to Wythall from Maypole. Gives passengers a good link to the city centre.
Or extend the 2 to Druids Heath and make the 50 extend to Wythall every half hour.

Jack

Had some thoughts lately on the Beechdale routes after using them quite a bit last year:

Withdraw the 70A, complete waste of time. It really is the 70 route apart from the latter section of Stephenson Avenue. Up the 69's frequency to every 15 mins during that day, this route has problems and is ALWAYS late, and give it more double deckers, the Urban 2's are rammed. And put the 70 to every 20 mins to compensate for the 70A. Out of interest has the 70 always been every half an hour, even back to 370 days?

Tony

Quote from: Jack on January 17, 2020, 09:56:28 PM
Had some thoughts lately on the Beechdale routes after using them quite a bit last year:

Withdraw the 70A, complete waste of time. It really is the 70 route apart from the latter section of Stephenson Avenue. Up the 69's frequency to every 15 mins during that day, this route has problems and is ALWAYS late, and give it more double deckers, the Urban 2's are rammed. And put the 70 to every 20 mins to compensate for the 70A. Out of interest has the 70 always been every half an hour, even back to 370 days?

How many extra buses would that cost?  what would serve the stops currently only served by the 70 A?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Jack on January 17, 2020, 09:56:28 PM

Where are you finding these extra double deckers from at WN? And as someone who lives at the other end of the route, the 69 really does not require a bus every 15 minutes..

Jack

Quote from: Tony on January 17, 2020, 10:06:34 PM
How many extra buses would that cost?  what would serve the stops currently only served by the 70 A?
Nothing? It's not even a big section that part of the road and I doubt it's hard to walk down to Stephenson Square or to Bloxwich Lane, that's what people do on the evenings and Sundays, and whenever the 70A decides not to turn up...

Quote from: Nathan on January 17, 2020, 10:28:05 PM
Where are you finding these extra double deckers from at WN? And as someone who lives at the other end of the route, the 69 really does not require a bus every 15 minutes..
I mean we can go back when they did have enough and the 69 was solid Tridents, I mean you are lucky to see one on it now from my observations, and they are always late leaving Walsall Bus Station, come in late and leave late. I don't use the Wolves end much but the Walsall end is practically as bad as the X8 is exaggerated on here. For an every 30 minute route you'd think they'd run it on time... and the Wednesfield side of the route has the 59 and 60 for a section of the route, but the parts where it's standalone it's just awful.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on January 17, 2020, 10:52:19 PM
Nothing? It's not even a big section that part of the road and I doubt it's hard to walk down to Stephenson Square or to Bloxwich Lane, that's what people do on the evenings and Sundays, and whenever the 70A decides not to turn up...
I mean we can go back when they did have enough and the 69 was solid Tridents, I mean you are lucky to see one on it now from my observations, and they are always late leaving Walsall Bus Station, come in late and leave late. I don't use the Wolves end much but the Walsall end is practically as bad as the X8 is exaggerated on here. For an every 30 minute route you'd think they'd run it on time... and the Wednesfield side of the route has the 59 and 60 for a section of the route, but the parts where it's standalone it's just awful.

So It's a case of your not fit enough to walk 1/4 mile so you cannot have a bus service!

As for your claims of the 69 In the whole of last week only 5 journies left late.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk