News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Reroute the Arriva 2 in the Blakenall/Harden area, by using Solos & diverting via the 25 route,  including serving Well Lane, the Forest loop & Goscote.

Sh4318

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 13, 2019, 07:44:04 AM
Since the WB89 got rerouted to West Bromwich, the Dudley Road-Cape Hill-Londonderry-Smethwick link to Blackheath has gone so here's my proposal.
Bring back the 83 and run it between Birmingham and Dudley following the old 89 route to Blackheath then extending it to Dudley via Rowley Regis Hospital which gives it a more frequent link to Dudley rather than the PN24. It will run up to 20 minutes Mon to Sat daytimes, 30 minutes on a Sunday and hourly throughout the night with short journeys at Blackheath.
My only doubt is that this route will need double deckers considering that it will run along the Dudley Road corridor and I'm not sure if double deckers are suitable for RRH.

I don't think this link is required in all honesty. Londonderry have had a direct link to Blackheath several times in the past, it's not much hassle to change at either Oldbury and West Bromwich, then change onto the frequent 4/4H/4M
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

richardjones210368

Quote from: Sh4318 on December 14, 2019, 01:19:55 PM
I don't think this link is required in all honesty. Londonderry have had a direct link to Blackheath several times in the past, it's not much hassle to change at either Oldbury and West Bromwich, then change onto the frequent 4/4H/4M
Longest lasting 88 which at one piont carried  on to Dudley

richardjones210368

From @Busboy105
We all know how much you despise the NX Hagley Road routes (you don't seem to give any solutions just complain) the works would just create chaos. With the underpass not opening again being a possibility, that's a risk that can't be taken.
P.S does anybody know when the Wolves works finish?

From @richardjones210368
The solution to Hagley Road is simple:
The X10 continues unchanged.
The X8 is rerouted from Dudley to run via the 126 every 10 Min's from Dudley To Birmingham and be all stops to The Warley Bowel and then follow the existing Limited Stop Service into Birmingham far more suitable than using The Rowley Road & Long Lane removing the need for the Stourbridge 8 which doesn't appear popular on the forum.
The section of route between Dudley & Birmingham of the X8 becomes a 9A running half hourly to all stops. in a similar pattern to the former 140.
The 9A would be run from Pensnett Garage and would offer additional capacity to the 9 which would only need a slight PVR adjustment as some of the 9s are rammed full in the peaks since its frequency cut.
The 24 would be curtailed to run Cradley Heath to Dudley allowing it to be rerouted in Blackheath via Henderson Way & Birmingham Road to serve The Ashley in Blackheath and not via Siviters Lane to maintain 3 buses per hour along Rowley Road and 4 still to The Cock with 14A. The 24 and the 14A would have greater patronage and may be able to become commercial with the extra traffic.
Outside of the peaks the half hourly 13A would operate to a fitted timetable with the 9A to allow a service every 15 Minuets from Colmore Row & Five Ways to Blackheath, a simple adjustment to the 13 is all that is needed.
Wolverhampton keeps its Platinum service to Birmingham via Birmingham New Rd, Blackheath gets an off peak fitted 15 min frequency to Birmingham with 9A & 13A with extra capacity for the 9 between Colmore Row & Quinton Classic Cinema there is no change to the PVR & we all get a reliable service back along Hagley Road compered with the utter rot that exists now its SIMPLES

@richardjones210368 - Please don't post the same reply in 4 different threads, please chose the most appropriate thread & post there. You'd already alerted Busboy to your reply by using '@', Winston

Sorry @Winston I did not realise using the "@" would alert the poster, I know now apologies as I thought I had to post it in all the threads that's another thing I have learnt now you are an expert on these things what are your views on my thoughts on the X8 conundrum & they are not a moan but a suggestion after being asked what I would do? Just a thought to stop this happening again would it not be better for the X8 thread to be merged with the Blackheath & Halesowen thread so we could keep just one set of comments and suggestions for Blackheath?

So your complaining because you currently have an every 20 minute X8 and want it cut back to an every 30 minute 9A.
Why would you want a frequency cut.
Doubt any passengers who currently use the X8 would be happy about that suggestion to cut the frequency of the route they use either.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

richardjones210368

Quote from: 2206 on December 17, 2019, 01:42:40 PM
So your complaining because you currently have an every 20 minute X8 and want an every 30 minute 9A.
Why would you want a frequency cut.
Doubt any passengers who currently use the X8 would be happy about that suggestion to cut the frequency of the route they use either.
We had a half hourly frequency for 50 of my 51 years on the 140 so why do we need a bus every 20 minutes no one who uses it wants it speaking the regulars I have put this suggestion to them and everyone thinks anything is better than the current shambles I have conducted detailed research on the X8, 13A and 24 for WMCA and this was the preferred option amongst regular users of the options given, it was NXWM who cut the frequency from Dudley to Blackheath from every 15 Min's to every 20 Min's with the X8 and the axing of the 140/241 by introducing a fitted timetable from The Ashley for the 9A, 14A and 24 the service is restored to every 15 Min's which would please most along the Rowley Road while Blackheath to Birmingham would have its reliability restored so where is the problem if off peak the 9A is on a fitted timetable with the 13A giving a bus every 15 Min's between Blackheath, Bearwood, Edgbaston & Birmingham? You must have never have used the previous 140/241 if you thing the X8 is an improvement.

Trident 4194

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 17, 2019, 01:55:00 PM
We had a half hourly frequency for 50 of my 51 years on the 140 so why do we need a bus every 20 minutes no one who uses it wants it speaking the regulars I have put this suggestion to them and everyone thinks anything is better than the current shambles I have conducted detailed research on the X8, 13A and 24 for WMCA and this was the preferred option amongst regular users of the options given, it was NXWM who cut the frequency from Dudley to Blackheath from every 15 Min's to every 20 Min's with the X8 and the axing of the 140/241 by introducing a fitted timetable from The Ashley for the 9A, 14A and 24 the service is restored to every 15 Min's which would please most along the Rowley Road while Blackheath to Birmingham would have its reliability restored so where is the problem if off peak the 9A is on a fitted timetable with the 13A giving a bus every 15 Min's between Blackheath, Bearwood, Edgbaston & Birmingham? You must have never have used the previous 140/241 if you thing the X8 is an improvement.

God knows why they axed the 241, one very bizarre decision that nx made I must admit. You argue and say it still exists but it's operated by a mini e200 winding round the estates between Dudley and blackheath so in my eyes can't really compare the two. Now if I need to go toduslwy it's fastest to get 4H and then X8, than to get the 244 or 14

richardjones210368

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 17, 2019, 02:14:16 PM
God knows why they axed the 241, one very bizarre decision that nx made I must admit. You argue and say it still exists but it's operated by a mini e200 winding round the estates between Dudley and blackheath so in my eyes can't really compare the two. Now if I need to go toduslwy it's fastest to get 4H and then X8, than to get the 244 or 14
Fair point but the 24 only goes off route by The Hailstone & its very minor and the size of the bus irelevant on a common 15min pattern I never use the X8 along the Rowley Road always the 24 the X8 is too unreliable my suggestion restores a 15min frequency from The Ashley to The Cock and brings stability back to Blackheaths link with Hagley Road.

Jack

Tbf it sounds like you'd rather use the hourly tendered services to get to places that go through every estate in the Black Country to get to one place, but then you'd be moaning that they are late...
I mean the 14A to Dudley from Blackheath is fine, unless you want a complete detour of every estate inbetween...

I would increase the X2 between Birmingham City Centre and Solihull and X1 between Birmingham City Centre and Airport/NEC up to Every 15 minutes each combining to every 7 minutes along the Coventry Road. As these are very busy services. And there are heavy passgener numbers on these services to Airport/NEC, JLR and Solihull.

I don't think Cranes Park requires such a frequent service, and the 60's never seem that busy between Yardley and Cranes Park, so the frequency of that service could be reduced between Yardley and Cranes Park.

Not sure if the Airport to Coventry section of the X1 would need a 15 minute frequency though, as I rarely use it?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

richardjones210368

Quote from: 2206 on December 19, 2019, 04:32:43 PM
I would increase the X2 between Birmingham City Centre and Solihull and X1 between Birmingham City Centre and Airport/NEC up to Every 15 minutes each combining to every 7 minutes along the Coventry Road. As these are very busy services. And there are heavy passgener numbers on these services to Airport/NEC, JLR and Solihull.

I don't think Cranes Park requires such a frequent service, and the 60's never seem that busy between the Wheatsheaf and Cranes Park, so the frequency of that service could be reduced between Yardley and Cranes Park.

Not sure if the Airport to Coventry section of the X1 would need a 15 minute frequency though, as I rarely use it?
Have to say as I never use the train @2206 comments seen totally sound when I attend the NEC regularly and agree fully with him the X1 Platnums are always busy as is the X1 to Coventry when I have to attend meetings in that City I often have to down to Bordsley to see clients by the railway station.with 1 departure a week and always find the 60 much less used.

Sh4318

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 17, 2019, 01:38:28 PM
From @Busboy105
We all know how much you despise the NX Hagley Road routes (you don't seem to give any solutions just complain) the works would just create chaos. With the underpass not opening again being a possibility, that's a risk that can't be taken.
P.S does anybody know when the Wolves works finish?

From @richardjones210368
The solution to Hagley Road is simple:
The X10 continues unchanged.
The X8 is rerouted from Dudley to run via the 126 every 10 Min's from Dudley To Birmingham and be all stops to The Warley Bowel and then follow the existing Limited Stop Service into Birmingham far more suitable than using The Rowley Road & Long Lane removing the need for the Stourbridge 8 which doesn't appear popular on the forum.
The section of route between Dudley & Birmingham of the X8 becomes a 9A running half hourly to all stops. in a similar pattern to the former 140.
The 9A would be run from Pensnett Garage and would offer additional capacity to the 9 which would only need a slight PVR adjustment as some of the 9s are rammed full in the peaks since its frequency cut.
The 24 would be curtailed to run Cradley Heath to Dudley allowing it to be rerouted in Blackheath via Henderson Way & Birmingham Road to serve The Ashley in Blackheath and not via Siviters Lane to maintain 3 buses per hour along Rowley Road and 4 still to The Cock with 14A. The 24 and the 14A would have greater patronage and may be able to become commercial with the extra traffic.
Outside of the peaks the half hourly 13A would operate to a fitted timetable with the 9A to allow a service every 15 Minuets from Colmore Row & Five Ways to Blackheath, a simple adjustment to the 13 is all that is needed.
Wolverhampton keeps its Platinum service to Birmingham via Birmingham New Rd, Blackheath gets an off peak fitted 15 min frequency to Birmingham with 9A & 13A with extra capacity for the 9 between Colmore Row & Quinton Classic Cinema there is no change to the PVR & we all get a reliable service back along Hagley Road compered with the utter rot that exists now its SIMPLES

@richardjones210368 - Please don't post the same reply in 4 different threads, please chose the most appropriate thread & post there. You'd already alerted Busboy to your reply by using '@', Winston

Sorry @Winston I did not realise using the "@" would alert the poster, I know now apologies as I thought I had to post it in all the threads that's another thing I have learnt now you are an expert on these things what are your views on my thoughts on the X8 conundrum & they are not a moan but a suggestion after being asked what I would do? Just a thought to stop this happening again would it not be better for the X8 thread to be merged with the Blackheath & Halesowen thread so we could keep just one set of comments and suggestions for Blackheath?

Genuinely can't believe what I'm reading
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Jack

Quote from: Sh4318 on December 19, 2019, 05:16:06 PM
You aren't the only one...
Don't see the point in making the 14A and 24 more tiresome as they are... they work fine at the moment, they don't need changing again! Especially as the 24 doesn't go to the Foxyards anymore.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Sh4318 on December 19, 2019, 05:16:06 PM
Why? Following the election and the mandate given these are the full costed proposals and research undertaken with users and stakeholders that  I will be presenting in due course to the WMCA for a proposed QEP that could be bought in for Blackheath in line with the Mayors plans if elected again. What exactly cannot you believe about what you are reading, where is it going wrong I am very very happy for feedback on where this proposal may be failing please do comment? As I see it is a major improvement on the shambles that NXWM operates in Blackheath and combines subsidised services with those of the incumbent operator which is the whole idea of an QEP.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on December 19, 2019, 05:26:14 PM
You aren't the only one...
Don't see the point in making the 14A and 24 more tiresome as they are... they work fine at the moment, they don't need changing again! Especially as the 24 doesn't go to the Foxyards anymore.pb
The is NO change to the 14A and the 24 will simply continue past the High St to pick up outside Poundland where EVERYONE waits for Dudley buses, how could this be more tiresome when the only change is the 24 using Bham Rd instead of Siviters Lane the change is very MINOR just 1 road different It would run 11 mins later from Cradley Heath & not serve Merry Hill to improve reliability and would be fitted with the 9A and 14A to give 4 buses an hour DIRECT to The Hailstone so what is it you do not like about a better bus service for Rowley Regis?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk