News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Id have some 63 journeys  renumbered to 62 and divert them to extend down to Catshill and Bromsgrove, possibly every 20-30 mins, providing a NX alternative to the 144.

I'd also divert one 45 a hour to extend to Redditch as to provide a bus alternative to the 146. Maybe number it 44 or 46?

Finally i would extend the 20 to Nuneaton as to compete against Stagecoach

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Sh4318

Quote from: sryan188 on December 11, 2019, 10:48:44 PM
Another option if the buses used fitted around the estate would be to extend the 89 from West Bromwich to Harvills Hawthorn as they both operate a 30 minute frequency and on my calculation could be done with 5 buses outside of peak in total.

Would Omnilinks be able to do the 44 route?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Busboy105

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 11, 2019, 11:19:41 PM
Id have some 63 journeys  renumbered to 62 and divert them to extend down to Catshill and Bromsgrove, possibly every 20-30 mins, providing a NX alternative to the 144.

I'd also divert one 45 a hour to extend to Redditch as to provide a bus alternative to the 146. Maybe number it 44 or 46?

Finally i would extend the 20 to Nuneaton as to compete against Stagecoach
I like the 63 change but wouldn't that just kill off the 144? Since it's frequency will be reduced and NXWM being more popular than First in Birmingham, wouldn't that be the end of the 144?

Busboy105

Quote from: Sh4318 on December 11, 2019, 11:20:56 PM
Don't think so. The 44 uses the smaller E200s at WB.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 12, 2019, 08:09:12 AM
I like the 63 change but wouldn't that just kill off the 144? Since it's frequency will be reduced and NXWM being more popular than First in Birmingham, wouldn't that be the end of the 144?

Well isn't first doing that all by themselves? Plus, to me, it's a logical extension based on what NX have been doing to the likes of the WA10 and x2

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Busboy105

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 12, 2019, 08:15:34 AM
Well isn't first doing that all by themselves? Plus, to me, it's a logical extension based on what NX have been doing to the likes of the WA10 and x2
I think you mean X3 not X2. But that would be a good idea for NX to get more customers.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 12, 2019, 08:47:02 AM
I think you mean X3 not X2. But that would be a good idea for NX to get more customers.

Yeah I meant x3 (brain got fuzzed with all this polling and heading to work to cover a short staffing there lol)

Jack

Quote from: Sh4318 on December 11, 2019, 11:20:56 PM
No, it's get sticky around the Harvills, I'm sure they've put LWB ones on their at times. Even wen the route went to Tipton it was Stumpy E200's and prior to them, the ALX200 Darts.

Busboy105

Since the WB89 got rerouted to West Bromwich, the Dudley Road-Cape Hill-Londonderry-Smethwick link to Blackheath has gone so here's my proposal.
Bring back the 83 and run it between Birmingham and Dudley following the old 89 route to Blackheath then extending it to Dudley via Rowley Regis Hospital which gives it a more frequent link to Dudley rather than the PN24. It will run up to 20 minutes Mon to Sat daytimes, 30 minutes on a Sunday and hourly throughout the night with short journeys at Blackheath.
My only doubt is that this route will need double deckers considering that it will run along the Dudley Road corridor and I'm not sure if double deckers are suitable for RRH.

Jack

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 13, 2019, 07:44:04 AM
Since the WB89 got rerouted to West Bromwich, the Dudley Road-Cape Hill-Londonderry-Smethwick link to Blackheath has gone so here's my proposal.
Bring back the 83 and run it between Birmingham and Dudley following the old 89 route to Blackheath then extending it to Dudley via Rowley Regis Hospital which gives it a more frequent link to Dudley rather than the PN24. It will run up to 20 minutes Mon to Sat daytimes, 30 minutes on a Sunday and hourly throughout the night with short journeys at Blackheath.
My only doubt is that this route will need double deckers considering that it will run along the Dudley Road corridor and I'm not sure if double deckers are suitable for RRH.
I'm fairly sure that the majority of that section (Londonerry is already covered and that part of Smethwick). The second option you made is again is.a little pointless. Dudley to RRH needs a service, Birmingham doesn't need to be covered. I take it you don't know that area well because what way would you send it to Dudley? And Deckers can get round RRH.

Busboy105

Quote from: Jack on December 13, 2019, 07:49:29 AM
I'm fairly sure that the majority of that section (Londonerry is already covered and that part of Smethwick). The second option you made is again is.a little pointless. Dudley to RRH needs a service, Birmingham doesn't need to be covered. I take it you don't know that area well because what way would you send it to Dudley? And Deckers can get round RRH.
Probably the PN24 route.

richardjones210368

Double Deckers can use Rowley Regis Hospital and Tridents were regulars on the 238. The route suggestion was more or less tried by Little Red Bus as its 99 to Blackheath. At least it would be an option in Brum to save keep waiting and waiting for an X8 that will never come and a nice day out touring Warley & Smethwick.

Jack

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 13, 2019, 08:34:19 AM
Double Deckers can use Rowley Regis Hospital and Tridents were regulars on the 238. The route suggestion was more or less tried by Little Red Bus as its 99 to Blackheath. At least it would be an option in Brum to save keep waiting and waiting for an X8 that will never come and a nice day out touring Warley & Smethwick.
Yes, Deckers were used regularly on the 289 as well when it went Rowley Regis Hospital. But then people would moan the X8 takes forever to get to Birmingham going through the Warley and Smethwick, before even getting there. I'd imagine people from Blackheath, Rowley Village and the Dudley Road would stop using it altogether travelling towards Birmingham and change at Blaclheath to the 13A.

Busboy105

What if it went to Oldbury/West Bromwich instead? Preferably West Bromwich because it can connect with a lot of different services and it will create a new West Brom-Dudley link even if it won't be as popular as the 42 or the 74.

Quote from: sryan188 on December 11, 2019, 10:48:44 PM
Another option if the buses used fitted around the estate would be to extend the 89 from West Bromwich to Harvills Hawthorn as they both operate a 30 minute frequency and on my calculation could be done with 5 buses outside of peak in total.
Biggest bus you'd get round that would be an E200 and as the 89 uses scanias/DD they wouldn't fit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk