News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Quote from: Tony on July 23, 2024, 08:07:36 PMSome of the E306-E333 will go almost straight into service. They are all being taxed from 1st August.
What prevents buses that have been here for months not going into service before this newer batch? And where is E234? Is it lost? or is it so far back at a parking lot somewhere it has to wait for buses in front of it to move first.

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on July 23, 2024, 08:54:23 PMWhat prevents buses that have been here for months not going into service before this newer batch? And where is E234? Is it lost? or is it so far back at a parking lot somewhere it has to wait for buses in front of it to move first.
As was said by @Stu the allocation were set with YW getting E231-E284, this was done as a best guess in charger availability at the time which has now changed slightly. The plan is that all 170 will have been used in service by 30th September

Gareth

Quote from: Tony on July 23, 2024, 09:11:54 PMAs was said by @Stu the allocation were set with YW getting E231-E284, this was done as a best guess in charger availability at the time which has now changed slightly. The plan is that all 170 will have been used in service by 30th September
I was more on about the buses for Perry Barr.

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on July 23, 2024, 09:48:52 PMI was more on about the buses for Perry Barr.
Which other Perry Barr ones? All of the remaining ones up to E230 are taxed and will be next. E284-305 aren't finished yet. E306 upwards have been built at Scarborough separately

Gareth

Quote from: Tony on July 23, 2024, 09:57:53 PMWhich other Perry Barr ones? All of the remaining ones up to E230 are taxed and will be next. E284-305 aren't finished yet. E306 upwards have been built at Scarborough separately
The 25 missing vehicles from that batch, that according to your fleet list are 'being prepared'.

My question being, out of interest why vehicles like the earliest ones that have been here since November/December etc still haven't entered service when an earlier comment by you suggested that 306-33 were about to enter service in the very near future. Or we will be get all 50 buses in quick succession?

Sometimes it's interesting to know the details into how and why. The interesting little ins and outs on decisions. I'm an enthusiast after all. I like the geeky stuff. Even if it's boring or maybe you can't or don't have an answer. That's fine. Just say. We're not all kids watching bus times all day every day. Some of us like discussion.
It was pretty obvious which other Perry Barr ones!

B.C Driver

Have all of the current PB ones entered service now?
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Steve3229vp

Quote from: B.C Driver on July 24, 2024, 10:59:30 AMHave all of the current PB ones entered service now?
you need to read the above comments

B.C Driver

I meant to edit the comment, I mean the current PB parked at PB, I'm sufre theres some I've yet to see on the road E175, E179, E180, E181, E182 spring to mind
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Tony

Quote from: B.C Driver on July 24, 2024, 11:02:44 AMI meant to edit the comment, I mean the current PB parked at PB, I'm sufre theres some I've yet to see on the road E175, E179, E180, E181, E182 spring to mind
Only ones not yet been in service are E229 & E230 which are the first two of the next batch of 40

Tony

To clarify, from 1st August PB is expected to have the ability to run an additional 40 vehicles (82 in total) these 40 will be all the remaining ones up to E230 and 15 of the E3xx ones

Ronnoc

That should be when the transfers start to get interesting.

Tony

E306 now at PB being prepared for service 

Wba_lad

Do Watford still have some of the electrics for Harry Potter thing I think it was for?

BK63 YWP

QuoteDo Watford still have some of the electrics for Harry Potter thing I think it was for?
Yes 4
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

winston

Another E400EV was being delivered yesterday, passed it heading south on the M1 approx 11.00am

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk