News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayfield

Thanks Tony, I believe there were some running in Oxford at one time

cardew

As E306 shows Plaxtons on the destination screen, can I assume that the final 28 of the order are being built in Scarborough rather than Falkirk?

Lucky those 30 E400s have gone, new ones seem to be flying in again and obviously need to be parked somewhere.

The Real 4777

Quote from: cardew on July 20, 2024, 09:41:01 AM...new ones seem to be flying in again and obviously need to be parked somewhere.

Is there no end to the technical supremacy of the electrical charabancs - these are now being delivered by air!!!!

Tony

Quote from: cardew on July 20, 2024, 09:41:01 AMAs E306 shows Plaxtons on the destination screen, can I assume that the final 28 of the order are being built in Scarborough rather than Falkirk?

Lucky those 30 E400s have gone, new ones seem to be flying in again and obviously need to be parked somewhere.
Yes, the ones with body numbers starting with P are Scarborough built

Tony

E306-E333 are being registered and taxed from 1/8/24. Details of the allocated registrations are on the main site

uniquicity

Quote from: Tony on July 22, 2024, 07:19:17 PME306-E333 are being registered and taxed from 1/8/24. Details of the allocated registrations are on the main site

Thanks for the update

Just to point out E327 and E333 are showing the same reg :)

cardew

Quote from: Tony on July 22, 2024, 07:19:17 PME306-E333 are being registered and taxed from 1/8/24. Details of the allocated registrations are on the main site
So unless planned allocations have changed that will make 53 more registered and soon destined for PB?

Stu

Quote from: cardew on July 22, 2024, 08:10:31 PMSo unless planned allocations have changed that will make 53 more registered and soon destined for PB?
It was always planned that this current batch were for both PB and YW, but with PB they would come in 'two parts'.

From another thread here:

Quote from: Tony on June 22, 2024, 08:37:21 AMYes

Allocations are currently planned to be
E164-E230 to Perry Barr (The remaining 25 of this batch are being registered from July)
E231-E284 to Yardley Wood
E285-E333 to Perry Barr

This could change slightly depending on the switch on of chargers at the two garages

There's a couple of PVR increases coming which will take a few of the extra buses up. The 97 to the airport for instance, and the first 30 have been take up by 4799-4829.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

cardew

Quote from: Stu on July 22, 2024, 08:21:44 PMIt was always planned that this current batch were for both PB and YW, but with PB they would come in 'two parts'.

From another thread here:

Yes, I saw that. It was probably my roundabout way of wondering if YW are getting any in August given 25 of the first PB batch 164-230 are registered but still to enter service.

frostjay974

Sorry if this has already been asked before but why aren't the new electric vehicles registered under the 'S' or 'Y' prefix anymore depending on where they were built they all have 'L' which is for London isn't it?

Tony

Quote from: frostjay974 on July 23, 2024, 01:21:42 PMSorry if this has already been asked before but why aren't the new electric vehicles registered under the 'S' or 'Y' prefix anymore depending on where they were built they all have 'L' which is for London isn't it?
BYD are based in London

Isle of Stroma

QuoteYes, I saw that. It was probably my roundabout way of wondering if YW are getting any in August given 25 of the first PB batch 164-230 are registered but still to enter service.

E251 was on the 6 in Solihull around 17:15...

Stu

Quote from: cardew on July 23, 2024, 01:15:30 PMYes, I saw that. It was probably my roundabout way of wondering if YW are getting any in August given 25 of the first PB batch 164-230 are registered but still to enter service.
YW have had three already, E251 and E253 which are both in service, while E252 is being used for driver type training.

As with PB, there are issues with getting additional chargers installed, commissioned and switched on. My understanding is that YW may not see more enter service until September.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Gareth

Long gone are the days when a bus would be delivered new and into service after a very short time. Some of these buses were delivered in November. I hope for the batch that comes after the BYD buses, plans are already in place to have the equipment in place at the receiving garages.

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on July 23, 2024, 08:00:18 PMLong gone are the days when a bus would be delivered new and into service after a very short time. Some of these buses were delivered in November. I hope for the batch that comes after the BYD buses, plans are already in place to have the equipment in place at the receiving garages.
Some of the E306-E333 will go almost straight into service. They are all being taxed from 1st August.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk