News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

It can happen, If a driver rolls to a stand not using the brakes then the hill hold doesn't activate. As long as you stop using the brakes, or touch the brake pedal after rolling to a stop they do not roll back (or forwards) until the accelerator pedal is touched

jasmine

Quote from: Funnysnow18 on July 09, 2024, 03:40:29 PMI've been on a few electric buses recently where they keep rolling back and the driver was panicking is this normal
happened once with me and ive been on them a handful of times
16/16A "enjoyer"

Funnysnow18

I'm sorry if this has already been said but that batch of electrics are going PB
And YW

Ingleboro261F

E253 is out on the 6 if not already mentiones

Tony

E171 has just entered service for the first time on the 52 meaning all 42 of the initial PB allocation are in normal use

Funnysnow18

Quote from: Tony on July 11, 2024, 05:09:48 PME171 has just entered service for the first time on the 52 meaning all 42 of the initial PB allocation are in normal use
Is E175 E180 in use ?

Tony

Jack

Looks like PB Electrics have the same issue as the CV ones with announcements randomly switching off after a few journeys.

JosephR

Would it be of any interest to NX to retrofit electric drivetrains into early platinum buses? as this method has been proven to be cost effective on other buses halfway through their operational life.

Tony

Quote from: JosephR on July 12, 2024, 11:45:39 PMWould it be of any interest to NX to retrofit electric drivetrains into early platinum buses? as this method has been proven to be cost effective on other buses halfway through their operational life.
Which buses has it been proven cost effective on?

I know a few have been done, but the York sightseeing buses only managed a couple of years before being scrapped 

Ronnoc

The NewPower facility by Wrightbus looks quite promising. I would be happy to see some of our buses, younger than 10 years old, retrofitted by a well-known manufacturer. Perhaps this could help NX fulfil its 2030 zero-emission target if delays arise.

Mayfield

Quote from: Tony on July 13, 2024, 05:40:00 AMWhich buses has it been proven cost effective on?

I know a few have been done, but the York sightseeing buses only managed a couple of years before being scrapped
Which ones were the York ones Tony, mind has gone blank

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on July 13, 2024, 04:16:57 PMWhich ones were the York ones Tony, mind has gone blank
Open top Transdev Enviro 400s

Mayfield

Can't recall that at all, just had a quick Google and it appears to have been just 1 bus in 2014,is that correct and it was quickly abandoned and 4 Enviro 400's were upgraded to Euro 6 in 2020 instead 

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on July 13, 2024, 05:22:17 PMCan't recall that at all, just had a quick Google and it appears to have been just 1 bus in 2014,is that correct and it was quickly abandoned and 4 Enviro 400's were upgraded to Euro 6 in 2020 instead
Four were done 

https://stevegalloway.mycouncillor.org.uk/tag/electric-buses/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk