News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Another 25 buses, filling in all the gaps up to E230 are being registered from the beginning of July

I have put all the new registrations on the main site
E001 upwards (wmbusphotos.com)

monkeyjoe

With all these new buses still see my old route 94 and 95 with all the old shabby cast offs. 

Stu

Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 30, 2024, 05:07:27 PMWith all these new buses still see my old route 94 and 95 with all the old shabby cast offs.
That's because BC aren't due to receive any electrics. :rolleyes:

Anyway, have you not actually used these services recently? I was in the city centre yesterday and noted a number of repainted Enviro400s looking quite smart on them.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

Quote from: Stu on June 30, 2024, 05:15:27 PMThat's because BC aren't due to receive any electrics. :rolleyes:

Anyway, have you not actually used these services recently? I was in the city centre yesterday and noted a number of repainted Enviro400s looking quite smart on them.

It's always fabulous when the blue ones turn up on them.

jasmine

Quote from: winston on June 29, 2024, 11:27:01 AMThe single grey livery & using a solid red band vinyl is all down to cost savings. Whilst that livery may be easier to maintain, they numerous versions in existence out on the road, therefore the number of buses with mismatched panels will only increase.
Nothing says cost saving like putting the "correct" livery on old, "any-day-now" to be withdrawn buses and putting the "incorrect, cost cutter" version on the brand new ones

Jack

Quote from: winston on June 29, 2024, 12:10:40 AMI really wish NX would make their mind up on livery application, there's now 4 shades of grey used in the fleet with Platinum & latest two-tone / single grey versions, it's a recipe for disaster. There are already numerous buses out in service with mismatched panels following RTC repairs in the wrong shade of grey. Same applies to Crimson RTC repairs too. Presentation standards have slipped.

The presentation with NX have very much slipped, it's as if we are back in the late 2000's. Buses are full of etching again and don't seem to be replaced, whereas back in 201*'s it was quickly removed. The state of logos missing and parts of livery, missing branding etc, just like we are in 2006-2010 again when it was bad.

Lukeee

Quote from: Jack on June 30, 2024, 09:28:21 PMThe presentation with NX have very much slipped, it's as if we are back in the late 2000's. Buses are full of etching again and don't seem to be replaced, whereas back in 201*'s it was quickly removed. The state of logos missing and parts of livery, missing branding etc, just like we are in 2006-2010 again when it was bad.
Couldn't agree more, hardly gonna attract any motorists out of their cars with an all over grey livery. A brighter livery like diamond have would make a big difference 

jasmine

Quote from: Jack on June 30, 2024, 09:28:21 PMThe presentation with NX have very much slipped, it's as if we are back in the late 2000's. Buses are full of etching again and don't seem to be replaced, whereas back in 201*'s it was quickly removed. The state of logos missing and parts of livery, missing branding etc, just like we are in 2006-2010 again when it was bad.
I literally saw an X21/X22 earlier with the entire right-side branding removed. the only part of the X21 X22 livery still on the right-side of the bus was the two circles denoting the route number. It's really gone downhill

Jack

Quote from: Lukeee on June 30, 2024, 10:08:06 PMCouldn't agree more, hardly gonna attract any motorists out of their cars with an all over grey livery. A brighter livery like diamond have would make a big difference
The window etching is awful now, it's like we've took a step back to 2008!

JosephR

Was anyone else just starting to change their mind about the new two tone... when I saw it in person, thought it looked somewhat decent?

This all over grey is such a big step down from recent platinum.

And yes, I totally agree about the diamond blue livery. I've personally always thought Birmingham buses should have been blue🤷�♂️. Blueson and diamond cruising the streets would have been much "brighter" than grey. (Pun intended).

Anyway I'm sure everyone's had their input (multiple times) we can all agree.. it's just getting more and more cringeworthy. They really need to fix up.

Jack

Blueson is very pleasing. At least we still have Diamond and other operators here to keep the streets bright and not gloomy and depressing!

JosephR

Quote from: Jack on June 30, 2024, 11:25:48 PMBlueson is very pleasing. At least we still have Diamond and other operators here to keep the streets bright and not gloomy and depressing!
Facts. I for one, would love diamond to takeover. I've never had a bad experience with there services as opposed nx!!

Jay71

Quote from: JosephR on June 30, 2024, 11:56:44 PMFacts. I for one, would love diamond to takeover. I've never had a bad experience with there services as opposed nx!!
I'd love to know which Diamond routes you use

jasmine

Quote from: JosephR on June 30, 2024, 11:21:40 PMWas anyone else just starting to change their mind about the new two tone... when I saw it in person, thought it looked somewhat decent?

This all over grey is such a big step down from recent platinum.

And yes, I totally agree about the diamond blue livery. I've personally always thought Birmingham buses should have been blue🤷�♂️. Blueson and diamond cruising the streets would have been much "brighter" than grey. (Pun intended).

Anyway I'm sure everyone's had their input (multiple times) we can all agree.. it's just getting more and more cringeworthy. They really need to fix up.
i never actually really liked the coventry sky blue, i think it should be darker, but coventry is the sky blue city

Mayfield

Let's hope the mayor chooses a decent colour unlike Manchester 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk