News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ingleboro261F

Yeah there's some street decks that have already been converted to EV like the 2015/2016 diesel ones. I Think First Bristol, Bath & the West  has a few of them

BN

Quote from: karl724223 on June 27, 2024, 11:51:45 AMAs of 10am today only 2 leccy buses on site bottom yard pensnett
All been sent to WN to help with parking at PN.

Gareth

Quote from: 2900 on June 28, 2024, 07:22:32 AMJust been reading about NEWPOWER a Wrightbus company based in Bicester,  I think it's the first OEM to do electric conversions/refurbs offering 10 year warranties to, they say the best buses to convert are 5 to 10 year olds midlife buses, they will only do there buses, aiming to do 500 a year, it seems firstbus are the main customers cost £200/250k a bus half the price of a new bus, I wonder if ADL has similar plans in the pipeline
They have said they will also convert 'competitor models', but initially I think they'd start with their own. Streetseck, Gemini2 and New Routemaster being mentioned. There's a bit of a loss in seating capacity involved though. 

the trainbasher

It'll be interesting to see if NXWM have the crimson Streetdecks converted

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Funnysnow18

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 28, 2024, 09:57:43 AMIt'll be interesting to see if NXWM have the crimson Streetdecks converted
I doubt that they are 9 year old

the trainbasher

QuoteI doubt that they are 9 year old
I refer you to the point @2900 made

QuoteJust been reading about NEWPOWER a Wrightbus company based in Bicester,  I think it's the first OEM to do electric conversions/refurbs offering 10 year warranties to, they say the best buses to convert are 5 to 10 year olds midlife buses, they will only do there buses, aiming to do 500 a year

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Gareth

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 28, 2024, 09:57:43 AMIt'll be interesting to see if NXWM have the crimson Streetdecks converted
A lot of money to spend on a tiny, non standard batch in the fleet.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

I doubt it NX only have 5 of them and would it be worth even sending 1 away like they did for the Hybrids to be converted leaving WA who are already short of DD's shorter of DD's by 1 but that's still 1 fewer not including any of there other DD's that might be having work done or repairs, the StreetDecks are already Euro 6 and are finally able to see Service regularly rather than before where they were of the road due to a struggle to get parts.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

karl724223

Quote from: BN on June 28, 2024, 07:42:00 AMAll been sent to WN to help with parking at PN.
More new ish deckers to pensnett then 

winston

Quote from: Gareth on June 28, 2024, 12:34:58 AMTo put it simply, single tone grey is the new fleet livery. Buses up to E274 and some early repaints are two tone grey as that was going to be standard livery before the colour scheme was changed to a single tone.
I really wish NX would make their mind up on livery application, there's now 4 shades of grey used in the fleet with Platinum & latest two-tone / single grey versions, it's a recipe for disaster. There are already numerous buses out in service with mismatched panels following RTC repairs in the wrong shade of grey. Same applies to Crimson RTC repairs too. Presentation standards have slipped.

Mike K

Quote from: winston on June 29, 2024, 12:10:40 AMI really wish NX would make their mind up on livery application, there's now 4 shades of grey used in the fleet with Platinum & latest two-tone / single grey versions, it's a recipe for disaster. There are already numerous buses out in service with mismatched panels following RTC repairs in the wrong shade of grey. Same applies to Crimson RTC repairs too. Presentation standards have slipped.

Presentation standards and livery standards have dropped. The gradual complete metamorphosis from the stylish crimson and platinum designs to all-over dark grey is really disappointing. The latest repaints look truly dreadful. And I don't buy that excuse that it's easily maintained. There are plenty of liveries out there that are non-complex and low maintenance but there's really no excuse for a livery that smacks of "couldn't care less".

Westy

I don't remember seeing the old Wmpte livery in various states of disrepair.

PB50

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on June 28, 2024, 11:08:49 AMI doubt it NX only have 5 of them and would it be worth even sending 1 away like they did for the Hybrids to be converted leaving WA who are already short of DD's shorter of DD's by 1 but that's still 1 fewer not including any of there other DD's that might be having work done or repairs, the StreetDecks are already Euro 6 and are finally able to see Service regularly rather than before where they were of the road due to a struggle to get parts.
Unfortunately you rarely see all 5 of the street decks out in service. 2 currently out of service and when street decks are in service they don't always complete a running board without something happening to them. I know 3305 is off road due to a vehicle going in to the back of it. 3301 has been out recently but that was only few hours and now it's off the road again. I reckon these might get painted eventually.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: PB50 on June 29, 2024, 09:34:13 AMUnfortunately you rarely see all 5 of the street decks out in service. 2 currently out of service and when street decks are in service they don't always complete a running board without something happening to them. I know 3305 is off road due to a vehicle going in to the back of it. 3301 has been out recently but that was only few hours and now it's off the road again. I reckon these might get painted eventually.
Ah right I see. Yeah in that case certainly no need to spend Money on them being converted to Electric.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

winston

Quote from: Mike K on June 29, 2024, 01:33:52 AMPresentation standards and livery standards have dropped. The gradual complete metamorphosis from the stylish crimson and platinum designs to all-over dark grey is really disappointing. The latest repaints look truly dreadful. And I don't buy that excuse that it's easily maintained. There are plenty of liveries out there that are non-complex and low maintenance but there's really no excuse for a livery that smacks of "couldn't care less".
The single grey livery & using a solid red band vinyl is all down to cost savings. Whilst that livery may be easier to maintain, they numerous versions in existence out on the road, therefore the number of buses with mismatched panels will only increase. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk