News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: 2900 on July 02, 2024, 09:37:43 AMThey moan about tyre rubber pollution too that lot, tiny particles killing us , some will come up with green rubber made from recycled plastic coke bottles
The Irony is they all sit in front of Traffic causing emissions and burning fuel, those Veichles will then need to go to a i don't know oh yes a Petrol Station which uses Oil the exact thing they are trying to stop.

Back on Topic If NX wanted to continue with 1 paint tone there was nothing wrong with Crimson and Blueson and the Hertiage Liveries would have been the only ones to use more than more tone. Maybe a revised Crimson as it was two tone I believe. But maybe a Maroon. Also the Franchising Colours should be the Red as it is marketed on the TFWM Website. Buses in red, Trams Blue, Trains Purple. And WA and WB already have veichles in that Livery from Parternship routes. So all it would take is all of them to be painted into that colour scheme and it would be done.

And further back on Topic, Surely the EV's could be painted Green to recognise they are Green Veichles Green with Platnium Decals, The Hydrogens could be painted Green to. Now NX don't own Dundee and the Hybrids had that Livery when they were new surely the EV's could be Green.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

jasmine

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on July 02, 2024, 10:49:12 AMThe Irony is they all sit in front of Traffic causing emissions and burning fuel, those Veichles will then need to go to a i don't know oh yes a Petrol Station which uses Oil the exact thing they are trying to stop.

Back on Topic If NX wanted to continue with 1 paint tone there was nothing wrong with Crimson and Blueson and the Hertiage Liveries would have been the only ones to use more than more tone. Maybe a revised Crimson as it was two tone I believe. But maybe a Maroon. Also the Franchising Colours should be the Red as it is marketed on the TFWM Website. Buses in red, Trams Blue, Trains Purple. And WA and WB already have veichles in that Livery from Parternship routes. So all it would take is all of them to be painted into that colour scheme and it would be done.

And further back on Topic, Surely the EV's could be painted Green to recognise they are Green Veichles Green with Platnium Decals, The Hydrogens could be painted Green to. Now NX don't own Dundee and the Hybrids had that Livery when they were new surely the EV's could be Green.
i think the lightning bolts and "zero emissions" decals do enough to signify the vehicle is green

Jack

Quote from: jasmine on July 02, 2024, 01:45:06 PMi think the lightning bolts and "zero emissions" decals do enough to signify the vehicle is green
Green would look a lot better than grey. Even some green decals on the grey would lighten it up.

jasmine

Quote from: Jack on July 02, 2024, 02:30:23 PMGreen would look a lot better than grey. Even some green decals on the grey would lighten it up.
flies in the face of colour theory.

The Real 4777

Quote from: jasmine on July 02, 2024, 02:47:43 PMflies in the face of colour theory.

Yes, even flies on the faces of buses would add colour.

jasmine

grey with red and green accents would not work well, not in the way you guys are proposing. without changes needing to be made

Stu

To all members

PLEASE let's get this back on topic very quickly, there are plenty of other threads for discussing paints and liveries.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on July 01, 2024, 08:39:08 AMWell if he wants all the buses painting that's a fifth of his budget gone. He reckons franchising will cost him 25 million, Manchester has already spent 5 million on repaints
You know the BeeNetwork is 5 million just on the repaints or is that with the interior refurbs too?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk