News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on July 01, 2024, 08:35:23 AMLet's hope the mayor chooses a decent colour unlike Manchester
Well if he wants all the buses painting that's a fifth of his budget gone. He reckons franchising will cost him 25 million, Manchester has already spent 5 million on repaints

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Tony on July 01, 2024, 08:39:08 AMWell if he wants all the buses painting that's a fifth of his budget gone. He reckons franchising will cost him 25 million, Manchester has already spent 5 million on repaints
If that's the case then it would be better to go with the grey livery as most of the buses by then would be in that colour, I'm finding the all the negative comments about the grey livery a bit boring now, the passengers couldn't care less anyway

jasmine

Quote from: Mayfield on July 01, 2024, 08:35:23 AMLet's hope the mayor chooses a decent colour unlike Manchester
claret maybe

monkeyjoe

Imagine under the new regime the 94 and 97s actually getting new buses lol

frostjay974

Blue and cream the colours of Birmingham corporation just unsure how it would tie in with the newer vehicles though

MasterPlan

Quote from: JosephRAnd yes, I totally agree about the diamond blue livery. I've personally always thought Birmingham buses should have been blue🤷�♂️. Blueson and diamond cruising the streets would have been much "brighter" than grey. (Pun intended).

If you mean more of a royal blue than sky blue then I agree, I've always thought that.
Similar to the blue used on the metrobuses.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Tony

Quote from: frostjay974 on July 01, 2024, 01:11:20 PMBlue and cream the colours of Birmingham corporation just unsure how it would tie in with the newer vehicles though
I very much doubt they would be two colours. It adds up to a thousand pounds to a repaint, hence the current switch to a single grey

Westy

Quote from: Tony on July 01, 2024, 03:40:40 PMI very much doubt they would be two colours. It adds up to a thousand pounds to a repaint, hence the current switch to a single grey
New vehicles from any operator would eventually appear in a corparate Wm Bus livery theorectially, if the powers that be chose to go down that route.

What if the operator  chose to do a partial repaint, say for example, painting the fronts only in the new corparate livery(think one PTE did this many years ago?)?

If you remember when Arriva took over Chase, they still had Nationals in advertising livery, so they painted the fronts in Arriva livery & the buses only lasted a few more weeks before withdrawal.

Is it worth doing partial repaints on older vehicles, to spread a new corparate livery?

GoldenSquid

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 01, 2024, 12:46:33 PMImagine under the new regime the 94 and 97s actually getting new buses lol
If they still want to do cross-city routes, those will be going through to the other side of the network. So there will be new buses but they will never arrive on time.

Just waiting for the day blues and west brom play... (if they still want to combine the 74 and 97)
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

monkeyjoe

Quote from: GoldenSquid on July 01, 2024, 05:58:05 PMIf they still want to do cross-city routes, those will be going through to the other side of the network. So there will be new buses but they will never arrive on time.

Just waiting for the day blues and west brom play... (if they still want to combine the 74 and 97)
The cynical part of me thinks HS2 will be carrying passengers before that happens ha ha. 

The single colour is greener aswell as being cost effective,  as mentioned before spray booth/ovens use alot of gas and very expensive to run and maintain, plus you use way less masking paper/tape/ plastic sheeting.
London buses have been single colour forever and I don't see any one complaining about there livery/ colour.
With modern vinyl anything is possible to print and slap on.

The Real 4777

Quote from: 2900 on July 02, 2024, 08:38:10 AMThe single colour is greener aswell as being cost effective,  as mentioned before spray booth/ovens use alot of gas and very expensive to run and maintain, plus you use way less masking paper/tape/ plastic sheeting.
London buses have been single colour forever and I don't see any one complaining about there livery/ colour.
With modern vinyl anything is possible to print and slap on.

Better not mention modern vinyl to the gatekeepers at Just Stop Oil though. To be honest, I can't stand the single colour plain grey and I have never liked London's plain red, I find it uninspiring alongside the traditional municipal and PTE liveries. 

I realise it's unfashionable to say anything that doesn't support the headlong rush to 'net zero,' but then I've never considered myself fashionable!

Rachvince53

How about plain white? No need to paint any new buses then!

Quote from: Rachvince53 on July 02, 2024, 09:16:47 AMHow about plain white? No need to paint any new buses then!
Still painted all over white at the factory, plus it looks very shabby very quick 

Quote from: The Real 4777 on July 02, 2024, 08:53:41 AMBetter not mention modern vinyl to the gatekeepers at Just Stop Oil though. To be honest, I can't stand the single colour plain grey and I have never liked London's plain red, I find it uninspiring alongside the traditional municipal and PTE liveries.

I realise it's unfashionable to say anything that doesn't support the headlong rush to 'net zero,' but then I've never considered myself fashionable!
They moan about tyre rubber pollution too that lot, tiny particles killing us , some will come up with green rubber made from recycled plastic coke bottles 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk