News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

TfWM corporate branding

Started by RW, June 25, 2018, 07:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Understand what you say Steveminor but unless 4878 is a one off, which given all the publicity seems very unlikely, there will be more vehicles, probably most of them, in the TfWM livery. Just wondering how the transition will be implemented. Of course could be another official secrets act issue! Please nobody take that comment seriously. Please!

Tony

As has been said 4878 was a demonstration and is now at walsall being painted in standard crimsom

RW

Thanks for responding Tony although it does raise the question as to whether NXWM are in reality actually 'joining the party' which was the impression inevitably given by the 'demonstration' vehicle and the media publicity it gained, or are they? 4878 now being crimsoned suggests not any time soon.

Eric Shaw

It states in this weeks Bus and Coach Week that it is expected that Coventry will retain their current blue livery, What about Stagecoach and DeCourcey? It seems a bit of a farce to me. Personally I never thought Coventry should be part of the West Midlands. I think these Quangos should concentrate on getting information out on time.

Ginger66

If all buses are going to know as West Midlands Bus will route numbers be changed so passengers know a NX40 service West Bromwich to Wednesbury that of a Diamond 40 service West Bromwich to Wednesbury.     

Quote from: Ginger66 on July 28, 2018, 12:01:02 PM
If all buses are going to know as West Midlands Bus will route numbers be changed so passengers know a NX40 service West Bromwich to Wednesbury that of a Diamond 40 service West Bromwich to Wednesbury.   
No they aren't changing - it seems diamond and NX are launching this first with the 42 and 43 being the first routes to carry the livery, the 42 and 43 in West Brom on the 19th August, and then the 31 and 32 service shortly afterwards on the 2nd September. Both operators will be keeping the same route numbers.
I did ask here how passengers will be able to tell both services apart eg if someone has a NX pass and was told the idea is to better integrate the West Midlands bus network.
Quote from: Kevin on July 19, 2018, 10:16:18 AM
I think the idea is to get rid of such tickets, and create a proper integrated public transport network like London
Quote from: Michael Bevan on July 19, 2018, 01:11:34 PM
I believe that the idea is going to be to integrate certain routes where multiple operators are competing on at the moment. So this will be routes such as the 301/302, 42/43, 4/H/M etc. I believe NXWM and Diamond will be the first two operators to launch this livery. I think the idea behind this is that the two operators competing on a certain corridor will actually work together. They will be running a joint frequency, with buses in the same livery and will be able to issue and accept each other's tickets only on these integrated routes. Which means you can technically buy a Diamond Network Ticket from an NXWM bus on the 301, or an NXWM Daysaver off a Diamond bus on the 42. I think that's the idea anyway of how it will work. I think the next few months are going to be really interesting for the West Midlands bus scene...  ;)
If thats the case then passengers won't have much need to tell the operators apart from each other.
Otherwise it'd be very confusion for passengers, eg someone with a NX Bus Pass, or NX Daysaver or someone with a Diamond Day Ticket.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

On the subject of the 31 & 32, is it just a matter of changing the branding on the existing vehicles, or will different vehicles be used & the existing vehicles debranded/rebranded for a different route?

(Seeing the previous 10/10a vehicles have been seen on the 301/302 lately & I've spotted the 301 / 302's on other routes as well, could / would NX change the Bloxwich allocation to permanent DD's & rebrand the current 301/302's to the 10/10a instead? I'd be surprised, as the 301/302's are quiet during the day anyway, when I've been on them.

Plus the Diamond vehicles need their branding replacing anyway!)

Ginger66

As 23/24 will be rerouted as of 2/9/18 surely it would be easy to put the WMB bus flags on stops on new part of route pagoda island to five ways.

l.murphy123

It's been announced on the NX website that the 42, 43, 43A which is operated by both NXWM and Diamond will use the new combined brand from 19th August. There's a new combined timetable and both operators will sell eachother's tickets (looks a little confusing not sure how well it will work at first). This explains why I saw new bus stop flags around Bilston with the West Midlands Bus logo.

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/changes-to-services-42-43
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 16, 2018, 12:50:26 PM
It's been announced on the NX website that the 42, 43, 43A which is operated by both NXWM and Diamond will use the new combined brand from 19th August. There's a new combined timetable and both operators will sell eachother's tickets (looks a little confusing not sure how well it will work at first). This explains why I saw new bus stop flags around Bilston with the West Midlands Bus logo.

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/changes-to-services-42-43
It will be interesting to see this introduced on other routes like the 16 and 94, i've noticed some peak journeys on Claribels 94 and Diamonds 16 operated by Single Decker vehicels operate to  capacity at the minute with a few passengers standing.
With extra users on the other operators on the 16 and 94 (passengers with NX passes and Day Tickets), it'll certainly be interesting to see whether Diamond or Claribels get some deckers to cope with the increased usage.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 16, 2018, 12:50:26 PM

Both operators currently provide 12 buses an hour (equivalent of every 5 mins) the new timetable is 8 buses an hour (every 7-8 mins), i wonder if that is enough ?

CL

This was just a passing thought; not quite sure if I've articulated myself properly but here goes...

I wouldn't consider myself a "TfWM basher", as such, but has no one really put a thought in about the connotations brought about with the brand identity? I know it's being rolled out across the entire network (i.e. bus/tram/train), but obviously, in regards to bus operators and its competition, I see a slight altercation.

Taking a look at the new 42/43 route map, it looks like something Diamond (in their Go-Ahead days, admittedly) would come out with; not quality-wise, but symbol/imagery-wise. Is it sensible to have diamonds (or technically, rhombuses/rhombi) on route maps and timetables?

Obviously, in the context of integration, we know that tickets between the two operators would be versatile; and I guess that's what diffuses the situation. But, yeah, another idiotic point courtesy of yours truly. As I've said, just a passing thought.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

sonic84

I have to say this new integrated timetabling and acceptance of each other's tickets is fantastic for passengers on these routes but I have to wonder what is in it for the operators.

Passengers who make return journeys only on the 42 and 43 could board a nxwm bus in both directions and pay the lower diamond value ticket price without boarding a Diamond bus.

Westy

I've read you're only restricted to certain tickets.

Is that right?

Is there any ticket you cannot buy?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk