News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

TfWM corporate branding

Started by RW, June 25, 2018, 07:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Ginger66 on August 21, 2018, 07:54:28 PM
Bridgnorth, Telford, Stoke on Trent and Bewdley come under the west midlands region even thou they are in Worcestershire, Staffordshire ect so prehaps First Worcester/Potteries will also get the livery.

They may come under the West Midlands Traffic area for licenses, but that's about it!

The local councils of those areas control bus services, not TfWM.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Ginger66 on August 21, 2018, 07:54:28 PM
Bridgnorth, Telford, Stoke on Trent and Bewdley come under the west midlands region even thou they are in Worcestershire, Staffordshire ect so prehaps First Worcester/Potteries will also get the livery.

They are west midlands on the map yes, but not part of the West Midlands Combined Authority or Transport for West Mids.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Ginger66

I'm sure i have seen West Midlands Bus/(es) during the mid 90's before nx took over

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Ginger66 on August 23, 2018, 08:01:49 PM
I'm sure i have seen West Midlands Bus/(es) during the mid 90's before nx took over

West Midlands Travel
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

MW

Westy

Not forgetting 'WM Buses (Garage Name) as well.

BK63 YWP

Which was called West Midlands Travel from 1987
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

DJ

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on August 23, 2018, 09:46:33 PM
Which was called West Midlands Travel from 1987

Which still exists today as the legal name for the company, West Midlands Travel Ltd.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Ginger66

Quote from: Westy on August 23, 2018, 09:04:37 PM
Not forgetting 'WM Buses (Garage Name) as well.
Which was also written in full on the front of buses as well West Midlands Buses (Perry Barr).   

Steve3229vp

New 31 and 32 timetable, as I expected its 32 every 10 minutes with two 31's in between so a combined frequency of every 3-4 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime and every 5 minutes Sunday daytime.

Westy

Anyone noted the earlier Sunday journeys?

(Also Diamond are coming all the way from Smethwick to operate those, while Nx are just down the road & dont start till around 930am! How come?)

Stu

Quote from: Westy on August 28, 2018, 07:17:53 PM
Anyone noted the earlier Sunday journeys?

(Also Diamond are coming all the way from Smethwick to operate those, while Nx are just down the road & dont start till around 930am! How come?)

TfWM tendered contract?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Quote from: Stu on August 28, 2018, 08:17:50 PM
TfWM tendered contract?

Maybe, but it still puzzles me that there's a NX depot on the route & the cheapest price for the tender(if so?) comes from a company a few miles away!

Tony

Quote from: Westy on August 28, 2018, 09:08:55 PM
Maybe, but it still puzzles me that there's a NX depot on the route & the cheapest price for the tender(if so?) comes from a company a few miles away!

Depends what else the bus does during the day.

There's  No extra cost in Diamond running it, The bus would have to run from Tividale at some point in the day.

Westy

https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/301-and-302-service-changes/

Note the 'copy & paste' from the 42/43/43a information page!

By the way, what should be the equivalent info for the page linked to, that lists the NX tickets that can be bought on Diamond, as clicking the link brings up the 42 etc info, despite linking from the 31/32 page?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk