News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

TfWM corporate branding

Started by RW, June 25, 2018, 07:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love Walsall buses

don

How do they work out the PVR for each operator on these TfWM routes where there are two (or more)? Noticing there are currently 12 branded 301/302 B7RLEs - I'm guessing these will be rebranded for something else (10/10a), whilst the transferred BC vehicles will be repainted and go on the 31/32.

The reason I ask the question about how the duties are split up to be shared is the West Bromwich route appears to be 50/50 - is that how it currently operates?

Whilst I'm aware Diamond operate some routes as a full service these days, in some cases their operation (back to the early days of BCC) appeared to be the public transport equivalent of ambulance chasing - I.e. simply running journeys to cream off the largest passenger numbers but not running a full service. If the routes with competition are split equally between operators this would seem unfair if one operator only operates a few journeys.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Westy

If branded B7Lres are used for the 31/32, what happens on Sundays when that type isnt used?

(Unless management change their mind as regards this route, as wont it be rather embarrissing if the specially branded buses arent operating on day 1?)

Ginger66

Quote from: Westy on August 19, 2018, 05:38:24 PM
If branded B7Lres are used for the 31/32, what happens on Sundays when that type isnt used?

(Unless management change their mind as regards this route, as wont it be rather embarrissing if the specially branded buses arent operating on day 1?)

Bus will have new name sticker apllied ie proudly run by national express. So a smaller bus can go on route at weekends. 

Ginger66

The new timetables for 42/43 is one of the best things to come out of West Midlands Bus.   Instead of running neck to neck against each DIA and NX have helped to reduce co2 the route.  The only snag is the 42 has it has two terminuses.   Either NX has to certail theres or diamond has to extended theres.   But the least likely to happen is put 11/311 back serving owen street.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Ginger66 on August 20, 2018, 07:35:00 AM
The new timetables for 42/43 is one of the best things to come out of West Midlands Bus.   Instead of running neck to neck against each DIA and NX have helped to reduce co2 the route.  The only snag is the 42 has it has two terminuses.   Either NX has to certail theres or diamond has to extended theres.   But the least likely to happen is put 11/311 back serving owen street.
If you look at the timetable you'll see that both NX and Diamond operate the 42 to Dudley and Tipton

Solo1

What happens if any operator refuses to sign up to this will they be banned
from running  the services they run

Steve3229vp

I've just found the new 31 and 32 timetables starting 2nd September, only the NX times are available at the moment but if you look you can work out where the Diamond journeys fit in.

31 (NX) there are various gaps of 6, 10 and 16 minutes in most cases.

32 (NX) every 10-20 minutes

I would say that will both operators the 32 will be every 10 minutes with two 31's (maybe) in between each 32.

I await the Diamond timetables with anticipation

Ginger66

Arriva midlands north will be hard to rebrand has services cover north and east midlands.   

Westy

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 20, 2018, 08:25:32 AM
I've just found the new 31 and 32 timetables starting 2nd September, only the NX times are available at the moment but if you look you can work out where the Diamond journeys fit in.

31 (NX) there are various gaps of 6, 10 and 16 minutes in most cases.

32 (NX) every 10-20 minutes

I would say that will both operators the 32 will be every 10 minutes with two 31's (maybe) in between each 32.

I await the Diamond timetables with anticipation

How can Traveline get the NX timetable on it's site before NX does on it's own site?

Surely there's some sort of embargo? (Which is probably the reason why we're always waiting for timetables!)

Cheese

Quote from: Westy on August 20, 2018, 08:53:40 PM
How can Traveline get the NX timetable on it's site before NX does on it's own site?

Surely there's some sort of embargo? (Which is probably the reason why we're always waiting for timetables!)

Very simple - TfWM will have received the timetable when registered and uploaded it - why should they embargo it, the registration is in the public domain so whats stopping them putting it onto Traveline in readiness?  The Diamond 31/32 timetable hasn't been uploaded to Traveline yet, I was on the ftp site earlier today looking for the .xml files for them but they aren't there, probably later in the week if the service was registered later.

Westy

Quote from: Cheese on August 20, 2018, 09:02:48 PM
Very simple - TfWM will have received the timetable when registered and uploaded it - why should they embargo it, the registration is in the public domain so whats stopping them putting it onto Traveline in readiness?  The Diamond 31/32 timetable hasn't been uploaded to Traveline yet, I was on the ftp site earlier today looking for the .xml files for them but they aren't there, probably later in the week if the service was registered later.

I get that, so why wouldn't NX put it on their site at the same time?

Steveminor

Quote from: Solo1 on August 20, 2018, 08:19:56 AM
What happens if any operator refuses to sign up to this will they be banned
from running  the services they run

Hard to see how when this is a deregulated market & as has been pointed out what about cross boundary services, I'm certain Staffordshire would not want a TfWM corporate branded bus running in THEIR area

Ginger66

Quote from: Steveminor on August 21, 2018, 07:58:22 AM
Hard to see how when this is a deregulated market & as has been pointed out what about cross boundary services, I'm certain Staffordshire would not want a TfWM corporate branded bus running in THEIR area

Bridgnorth, Telford, Stoke on Trent and Bewdley come under the west midlands region even thou they are in Worcestershire, Staffordshire ect so prehaps First Worcester/Potteries will also get the livery.   

Quote from: Ginger66 on August 21, 2018, 07:54:28 PM
Bridgnorth, Telford, Stoke on Trent and Bewdley come under the west midlands region even thou they are in Worcestershire, Staffordshire ect so prehaps First Worcester/Potteries will also get the livery.
I can't realy see Shropshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire and Staffordshire getting the livery.
The livery is being rolled out by TFWM who are a public body responsible for coordinating transport services in the West Midlands County not in the places listed above (that are part of the West Midlands region).
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk