News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

TfWM corporate branding

Started by RW, June 25, 2018, 07:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

The hate for NWM here is hilarious. Re the bus stop argument @Jack I have already mentioned before that the stop opposite Perry Barr Station is confirmed as only being temporary, but don't let that get in the way of your own personal beef....
How do you know nBus tickets aren't popular now? I would say they're more popular, the Init readers show up a lot of NWM tickets above NXWM tickets whenever I'm boarding, tend to look because I'm curious what passes people have in front of me while I'm boarding.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

RW

Quote from: Tony on July 21, 2018, 09:52:52 AM
This is getting personal now. So ends here. You don't know whether they're  on a break or what their instructions are.
Thank goodness for that. Someone remind me of the title of this thread. It certainly wasn't intended for the personal nature of some recent posts. Back on topic please, that's surely more than enough to discuss.

Sh4318

Swift has certainly made my life easier, it was a pain having to replace the ticket in my nTrain wallet monthly, then having to take it out and put it through the ticket barriers at train stations - which sometimes didn't even work.

Losing your Swift card is a world of hassle though, that must be said, NWM are very reluctant to help you out while you're waiting for your replacement card to arrive.

Back on topic, is the newly branded class 172 out in service today?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Brummie45

What would be nice is a Swift app like the NXWM app. You just show it to the driver. I always use the NX app to get to and from work.
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

DJ

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 21, 2018, 12:39:44 PMBack on topic, is the newly branded class 172 out in service today?

Neither the 170 or 172 that they teased are out yet, unless they've managed to evade anyone out photting, as nothing's turned up on Flickr yet.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Sh4318

Quote from: StourValley98 on July 21, 2018, 04:17:26 PM
Neither the 170 or 172 that they teased are out yet, unless they've managed to evade anyone out photting, as nothing's turned up on Flickr yet.

They've repainted a 170 too?  :o
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

DJ

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 21, 2018, 06:09:25 PM
They've repainted a 170 too?  :o

Yeah, if you look at the teaser image on their Twitter or Facebook pages, the photo in the top right has square cornered windows, so I'm 99% sure it's a 170. All of the 172s, even the Overground ones, have their windows rounded in the corners.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Brummie45

There are photos circulating of 172342 in its orange livery
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

markcf83

Whenever I visit Birmingham I buy a nBus ticket if I'm only going to use buses. If I'm intending to use trams and/or trains as well I'll buy a Daytripper ticket.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Dom

Ginger66

Have heard its all west midlandw opetators going to be branded as West Midlands Bus.

sonic84

Whilst I can understand why TfWM want to do this, I fail to see why NXWM would want to be a part of this. Surely if it is going to mark the end of operators own ticket it will only help their competition.

It seems like TfWM are pushing for a London style integrated transport system here but our bus network is not comparable to London at all really.

Ginger66

Will we get our very own Boris bus or Andy Bus with rear door entry and striking moquette across all operators

RW

So now the new bus livery has seen the light of day the question increasingly  being asked is what happens to NXWM's current repaint programme. Can you offer a comment Tony? Surely they won't continue repainting into a soon to be redundant livery? Wouldn't that go against the overriding principle of the initiative and lead to an increase in the number of liveries?

Steveminor

Remember guys certain things operators can't comment on. Tonys silence would suggest he can't comment would it not.
For that matter no operator has yet commented, a watch a wait policy from people should maybe be adopted.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk