News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

TfWM corporate branding

Started by RW, June 25, 2018, 07:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 16, 2018, 03:14:49 PM
Both operators currently provide 12 buses an hour (equivalent of every 5 mins) the new timetable is 8 buses an hour (every 7-8 mins), i wonder if that is enough ?

Surely if passengers can use both services, rather than one or the other (or paying a little more for both), it'll even itself out
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

winston

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 16, 2018, 03:14:49 PM
Both operators currently provide 12 buses an hour (equivalent of every 5 mins) the new timetable is 8 buses an hour (every 7-8 mins), i wonder if that is enough ?

You can only look at the 12 buses an hour (every 5 mins) for people currently using Swift, Nbus or paying cash i.e. that both operators accept.

Currently NXWM pass/ticket holder & Diamond Value Pas/ticket holder have a service every 10 mins they can use, under the joint operation they will now have a service every 7-8 mins & can jump on the first bus that arrives regardless of operator. Plus both NXWM & Diamond should benefit from reduced Pvrs and operating costs.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Winston on August 16, 2018, 11:08:19 PM
You can only look at the 12 buses an hour (every 5 mins) for people currently using Swift, Nbus or paying cash i.e. that both operators accept.

(Plus concessionary pass holders) Surely that is most people then? The whole ticket system is no different except both operators accept a couple, but not all, of the options.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Ginger66

Looking forward to seeing how the 31/32 plays out if the same level of service is going to be done. 

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 17, 2018, 12:39:36 AM
(Plus concessionary pass holders) Surely that is most people then? The whole ticket system is no different except both operators accept a couple, but not all, of the options.
No its not, I'd have thought there'd are lots of people who only use single operator passes and tickets (in this case Diamond Value Tickets and NX Bus Tickets, as well, lots of the people getting on paying with cash will buy a single operator day/return ticket which is cheaper than buying 2 single tickets).
Well there are in Birmingham, not sure about the Black Country - you'll notice NX's 94 and 16 are busier than Claribels 94 and Diamonds 16, due to passengers with NX tickets and passes only using NX buses.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Quote from: 2206 on August 17, 2018, 08:40:40 AM
Well there are in Birmingham, not sure about the Black Country - you'll notice NX's 94 and 16 are busier than Claribels 94 and Diamonds 16, due to passengers with NX tickets and passes only using NX buses.

You'd be surprised. With there being competition for such a long time on those two routes, a lot of passengers do have nBus passes and catch whichever comes first. Yes there are still NX pass holders but they aren't as dominant in those areas as you think
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Steveminor

Plus a percentage of those on the 94 that only catch nxwm do so because they have invalid out of date tickets & passes, they have a better chance of an nxwm driver letting tgem on than a claribe driver.l

Kevin

Quote from: Steveminor on August 17, 2018, 11:48:12 AM
Plus a percentage of those on the 94 that only catch nxwm do so because they have invalid out of date tickets & passes, they have a better chance of an nxwm driver letting tgem on than a claribe driver.l

Sad but entirely true
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Noticed one bus stop flag changed to the tfwm brand on the lion farm est 3 3/A on it , strange just one random one done.

Stu

Quote from: 2900 on August 17, 2018, 02:28:47 PM
Noticed one bus stop flag changed to the tfwm brand on the lion farm est 3 3/A on it , strange just one random one done.

From what I read on the press release, the flags will be replaced 'naturally', ie when they need replacing, rather than doing them all in one go.

It does look odd though, I noticed yesterday that the flag at the Palmerston Road stop on Stratford Road has now been replaced to show the X50 instead of the X20. The irony of course is that this flag was only replaced a few weeks ago prior to the South Birmingham changes.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ginger66

Will the hertiage fleet get the new livery as 3225 wouls look great in the west midlands bus colours.

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Ginger66 on August 17, 2018, 09:11:24 PM
Will the hertiage fleet get the new livery as 3225 wouls look great in the west midlands bus colours.
Have you got a photo of that @Ginger66

John

Are you serious?

Dom

Does the word heritage not say anything to you?

Solo1

Take it 31&32 service in Walsall will be in the new red livery wondering if the 2 in paint will be for the new 31/32 service

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk