News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

TfWM corporate branding

Started by RW, June 25, 2018, 07:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger66

Some buses in standard red and white livery are carry west midlands bus branding at west bromwich today.

Westy

Quote from: Solo1 on August 18, 2018, 09:18:16 AM
Take it 31&32 service in Walsall will be in the new red livery wondering if the 2 in paint will be for the new 31/32 service

Couldnt they put stickers over the relavant parts of the existing  branding until vehicles concerned are repainted?

(There was an obvious change on the 51 branded vehicles when the frequency was changed to 10 mins!)

DJ

BX62 FAK was out on the 42/43 in full TfWM livery today, the driver was nice enough to let me on with my NXWM Sandwell & Dudley ticket too since I'd just missed the NXWM bus in front. I did note a couple of NXWM E200s that have the new logo applied too, and all the stops have been updated along the route.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Ginger66

NXWM had some buses with update stickers while waiting for rebranding repaints

Stu

Has there been any definite official announcement about the 301 and 302 becoming the 31 and 32 and joint partnership services from 2nd September?

All I've found on this is on Diamond's service changes page:
https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/west-midlands-september-service-changes/

Quote301 | Walsall to Mossley | Service will be renumbered 31 with new timetable
302 | Walsall to Lower Farm | Service will be renumbered 32 with new timetable

NX Bus haven't mentioned these routes being renumbered, and while there's been some publicity about the joint co-operation on the 42/43 services, there doesn't appear to have been anything announced about the 301/302?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Quote from: Stu on August 18, 2018, 05:57:18 PM
Has there been any definite official announcement about the 301 and 302 becoming the 31 and 32 and joint partnership services from 2nd September?

All I've found on this is on Diamond's service changes page:
https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/west-midlands-september-service-changes/

NX Bus haven't mentioned these routes being renumbered, and while there's been some publicity about the joint co-operation on the 42/43 services, there doesn't appear to have been anything announced about the 301/302?

What about the scrolling messages on certain Walsall vehicles saying so?

While the Nx timetable has appeared on Nwm's site, it hasnt appeared(last time I looked it hadnt!) on Nx's site, while Diamond's version hasnt appeared anywhere yet!

Personally I want to see both operators on the same timetable leaflet, like on the 4 & 42/43!

Stu

Quote from: Westy on August 18, 2018, 06:10:45 PM
What about the scrolling messages on certain Walsall vehicles saying so?

While the Nx timetable has appeared on Nwm's site, it hasnt appeared(last time I looked it hadnt!) on Nx's site, while Diamond's version hasnt appeared anywhere yet!

Personally I want to see both operators on the same timetable leaflet, like on the 4 & 42/43!

Well, I don't live in Walsall, so I don't see the message on the displays on the buses!

If I search on the NWM website for say the 301 timetable, both the NX and Diamond timetables show as 'current', with no end date.

Granted, when I search for the 31 timetable, the NX timetable does come up, showing 'valid from 2nd Sept', but not Diamonds.
My locals:

winston

Quote from: Stu on August 18, 2018, 06:51:45 PM
Well, I don't live in Walsall, so I don't see the message on the displays on the buses!

If I search on the NWM website for say the 301 timetable, both the NX and Diamond timetables show as 'current', with no end date.

Granted, when I search for the 31 timetable, the NX timetable does come up, showing 'valid from 2nd Sept', but not Diamonds.

Stu, the 301/302 is being re-numbered 31/32 and re-launched with the TfWM livery as a jointly operated service from 2nd Sept. Diamond are bringing in the balance of 62/13 plate ex Hallmark Volvo's which will be supplemented by Tividale's existing 13 plate B7RLE's 30940-3, some of which are currently branded for the 4's.

Stu

Quote from: Winston on August 18, 2018, 06:56:54 PM
Stu, the 301/302 is being re-numbered 31/32 and re-launched with the TfWM livery as a jointly operated service from 2nd Sept. Diamond are bringing in the balance of 62/13 plate ex Hallmark Volvo's which will be supplemented by Tividale's existing 13 plate B7RLE's 30940-3, some of which are currently branded for the 4's.

Thanks for that, my point is where is the online publicity to officially annouce this?

To the uninitiated, this could all still be the stuff of rumours!

When I announce stuff like this on my WMBU Facebook page and website, I like to have some kind of source to link to.

It was only earlier this week that NX and Diamond posted updates on their websites about the 42/43 collaboration taking place from this Sunday.
My locals:

Ginger66

Details of bus changes for september are on network west midlands website.

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Ginger66 on August 18, 2018, 08:49:41 PM
So the 31/32 will be doing the same as the 42/43/A

Westy

Quote from: Ginger66 on August 18, 2018, 08:49:41 PM

Anyone had an email from NWM re changes lately?

I was on the mailing list & even did that privacy thing recently too!

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on August 18, 2018, 09:49:08 PM
Anyone had an email from NWM re changes lately?

I was on the mailing list & even did that privacy thing recently too!
There on the website

winston

Quote from: Stu on August 18, 2018, 08:31:07 PM
Thanks for that, my point is where is the online publicity to officially annouce this?

To the uninitiated, this could all still be the stuff of rumours!

When I announce stuff like this on my WMBU Facebook page and website, I like to have some kind of source to link to.

It was only earlier this week that NX and Diamond posted updates on their websites about the 42/43 collaboration taking place from this Sunday.

Stu,

The VOSA registrations went in some time ago.

There appears to have been late changes to logo layouts / joint tickets validity & availability, I assume that if why the full re-launch notification has been late to be published.

I've seen comments from a Diamond employee thast the 31/32 branding is still being designed. Seems quite a tall ask for Diamond especially to re-panel / retrim & repaint 8 - 10 buses for re-launch in little over 2 weeks. NXWM have only been applying branding today for their 42/43 E200's.

Westy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk