News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

TfWM corporate branding

Started by RW, June 25, 2018, 07:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Never mind NX's repainting issues.

Diamond will be fun!

Roy

Quote from: BigDaddyCool on July 19, 2018, 05:40:36 PM
Thank you.

Maybe a bit slow here, but is that photo the finished article?

I think it looks so bland! Disappointed.

If you look at the computer generated images in Modern Railways and the photos of tram 31 in its new 2-tone blue livery, you will see that there is a relief between the two colours consisting of a number of diamonds.  I would guess that the photos were taken before any relief was applied on the offside of the bus.  Therefore, my guess would be that the last (side-on) photo is not of the final livery.

MW

Seems like Diamond is about to get a boost in revenue and NXWM are about to take a loss. Unless I'm missing something.

Gareth

Quote from: Jack on July 19, 2018, 03:29:35 PM
This new livery looks awful and just looks cheap as opposed to Crimson.

Do you realise that crimson is a colour and not a design or pattern or livery layout? The WMB livery seems to have plenty of crimson in it!

DJ

Quote from: Gareth on July 19, 2018, 08:02:46 PM
Do you realise that crimson is a colour and not a design or pattern or livery layout? The WMB livery seems to have plenty of crimson in it!

That's being a bit pedantic, 'Crimson' has been used for ages to refer to NXWM's updated livery. Yes, we all know it's a colour, but it's also used to refer to the livery.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

The thing I'm most curious about with this is that NXWM have sent a bus that's literally just on it's way to being Crimsoned
It's like NXWM are saying "here, we're taking part in this scheme and here's our bus that we're now going to paint into our own colours anyway"
It's going to be such a mammoth task and probably going to cost a fair bit to repaint the fleet into the new livery so why continue with the current repaint?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

BigDaddyCool

Why not use this opportunity to get the buses of Birmingham their identity back! Blue and cream!

Tony

Quote from: BigDaddyCool on July 20, 2018, 11:13:10 AM
Why not use this opportunity to get the buses of Birmingham their identity back! Blue and cream!

Well my buses were red in Castle Bromwich

don

This initiative seems to have a number of implications but as many of NXWMs vehicles are already in a two tone red livery to match, presumably they don't have to be repainted to comply?

However what about Coventry? And how does platinum fit in?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Stevo

NXWM in fact could get away with just repinting the rear part of red and white liveried buses! I'll look forward to seeing Banga and East West vehicles proudly running in red.

l.murphy123

This works for NXWM no issues... except platinum, what about those??? and more interesting what about diamond and arriva (all one of them!)??
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Stu

More on this here:
https://www.wmca.org.uk/news/a-brand-for-the-west-midlands-tfwm-reveals-new-public-transport-identity

Quote from: don on July 20, 2018, 11:22:01 AM
However what about Coventry? And how does platinum fit in?

It says in the WMCA press release "Buses operated in Coventry by National Express are expected to retain their distinctive sky blue livery but will carry the WMT logo."

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BK63 YWP

Are the crimson repaints going to be replaced by this livery from now
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

MW

I for one am more interested in the likes of Diamond and Claribels now. I wonder how this will affect them. If it's going to become a TfL like tender process, then it'll give these two operators a foothold to expand. Even if it's not a tender process, it'll mean these companies will expand because presumably the WM Travelcard will become defunct? Will this also mean that all operators must have the same ticket machines/printers so tickets are the same?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk