News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva X31

Started by Tomjusttom, April 05, 2012, 10:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody38

There is a new timetable from 22 July 2012, it looks the same as the last one so it must be the route around Birmingham that is changing 

Bob

i just thought, once the M6 works are done & fourth lane put in, it should improve things no doubt. i reckon there'd be a market for a new style route from cannock to brum, joining at j11, and running direct, it could be a viable alt to the train

Discodave

Quote from: bob on July 14, 2012, 03:55:54 PM
i just thought, once the M6 works are done & fourth lane put in, it should improve things no doubt. i reckon there'd be a market for a new style route from cannock to brum, joining at j11, and running direct, it could be a viable alt to the train
well its only hard shoulder running and using the area regular in my job the hard shoulder (4th lane) is not always open to relieve the congestion the bus would still be delayed and would many get on prior to j11 possibly not even with marketing

Bob

caught the 330 bk from brum today was 3/4 full on the existing route. i think it would be a success to be fair especially if it ran from h'ford with intermediate points like chadsmoor or pye green an gt wyrley cheslyn hay etc

Discodave

Quote from: bob on July 15, 2012, 02:50:54 AM
caught the 330 bk from brum today was 3/4 full on the existing route. i think it would be a success to be fair especially if it ran from h'ford with intermediate points like chadsmoor or pye green an gt wyrley cheslyn hay etc
Would be better as a lot do get the train at hednesford and both staions are close to each other but with the line speed improvements and electirfication which is supported by all mps and council and transport authorities (if the tory toff ministers agree) I think bus and rail could work together and the express route was tried before via hednesford in MRN days but asking the older driver about it they said the train killed all of the brum runs old X31 and 156

Nathan4775

The X31 route around the Peaks is Birmingham Albert Street - Lancaster Circus (Outside the Court) - the Birchfeild Flyover - Scott Arms - M6 - Bentley - Cannock
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Bob

since when does it go to Scott Arms???

Tony

Quote from: bob on July 16, 2012, 08:40:05 PM
since when does it go to Scott Arms???

Whenever the M6 is congested, although it doesn't stop. It is a registered alternative route

Bob

Strange to register an alt route on a service thats doomed dont you think

Tony

Quote from: bob on July 16, 2012, 10:02:45 PM
Strange to register an alt route on a service thats doomed dont you think

It was registered as an alternative route from day1

Bob

oh right. itll be interesting to see if it gets support/ another operator runs it post sept, as certain journeys are still pretty well used

Bob

The 1.30 from bham ( running 25 min late) is rammed, no seats! so people are using it

woody38

Many times I have seen standing loads on the X31, I thing there are a couple of issues that hold it back, the timetable does not allow for any late running so if its gets delayed anywhere there is no way drivers can make the time up, and the frequency needs to be every 30 minutes, never really did understand why the vosa site stated the service was going to be every 30 minutes but the timetable stayed the same.

I hope the service does continue after September because as you proved today Bob people do use it.  There is also the Planned Park & Ride at New Invention which must surely bring some extra customers to the X31.

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2012/07/11/willenhall-park-and-ride-plans-unveiled/

Bob

i reckon some dual purpose buses would  be good  for the X31 it was always a coach years ago! I wonder whatll happen to the scania's when it goes? apparently talks are still ongoing though

MW

Quote from: bob on July 19, 2012, 08:20:07 PM
i reckon some dual purpose buses would  be good  for the X31 it was always a coach years ago! I wonder whatll happen to the scania's when it goes? apparently talks are still ongoing though

Like 1844-1847? They seem ever so wasted nowadays on the 52 or 952!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk