News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva X31

Started by Tomjusttom, April 05, 2012, 10:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Apparently the route is not going in Sept, it is staying on :)

Discodave

Quote from: bob on July 08, 2012, 08:46:07 PM
Apparently the route is not going in Sept, it is staying on :)
At least they are giving it a chance weather they get another subsidy or not it must have some promise would suggest if the M6 is up the swanny at Brum use the A34 to scott arms and join there is misses most of the snarl up plus it has the use of the bus lanes and flyovers good non stop section (as an official diversion I know some do this already)

Bob

id say theyve got a subsidy, they should drop the 615/715 am ones cos theyre dead, the mid morning & mid to late afternoon ones can be quite busy, they should abandon the m6 section, mind u when the 4th lane goes in buses should fly up the m6, they should do a cannock cheslyn hay m6 version like years ago, without the hold ups it would be a great alternative to the train

MW

I think the X31, a route I hadn't heard off before the b****ing about it on this forum, is overly discussed and the million threads of it are a nuisance to me and other members.

Smite me all you like.

woody38

Anything to do with buses interests me, the X31 is an important service for people who live in the North west midlands instead of moaning about it maybe you should use it one day.  there is a lot of stuff but on here than I'm not interested  in either proberly stuff that you find interesting, so shut the f*** up and bob carry on putting stuff on here about the X31 & the Cannock area.

Bob

If the X31 doesnt interest you dont read the posts about it? simple. i dont read the posts that dont interest me

Discodave

please note we do use the service other wise they would not be a post about it and less of the abuse this is a forum about each individuals opinions yes I have had a moan but if you do not like it tough if a service you like using was under threat I bet you would be doing the same thing.  The X31 is a good alternative for me to birmingham by using only one bus and not having to travel into walsall I have the choice of NXWM people in the staffs area do not its either the expensive train or 2 buses and not to help 2 different companies so no chance of a day ticket for the whole journey (cannot have network tickets outside wm for buses) the train is not always the be all and end all I am not knocking the train but it would be nice to have an alternative public transport option.

andy

Quote from: Michael on July 09, 2012, 02:20:49 PM
I think the X31, a route I hadn't heard off before the b****ing about it on this forum, is overly discussed and the million threads of it are a nuisance to me and other members.

Smite me all you like.

For someone who clearly has some intelligence Michael you really need to develop some maturity. I know you're not the oldest, but if you want to be taken seriously elsewhere on the forum when you're trying to have a sensible discussion then you need to bite your tongue when you're tempted to spit your dummy like a silly little boy.

If you're not interested in a particular topic, ignore it and leave it to those who are...if you go through this forum you will find hundreds of things that are of no interest to you but where is the need to leave a comment like this, insulting people who have an interest? And what's more, you shouldn't be talking about 'other members' as though you know what their opinion is...you don't.

Nobody likes a keyboard warrior, grow up!

woody38

Inless somebody else is operating it, X31 is being withdrawn form the 3 September 2012

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Cannock Bus Station and Birmingham Albert Street given service number X31 effective from 03-Sep-2012.

Bob

ohh i was told it was being kept on :-/

woody38

Maybe somebody else is taking it on, will have to see what Network West Midlands has to say.

Discodave

Quote from: woody38 on July 11, 2012, 01:59:43 PM
Maybe somebody else is taking it on, will have to see what Network West Midlands has to say.
Unfortunatly It looks like the train is the alternative as it provides a good service and with the signal improvements on the chase line a more frequent service may be possible plus it is popular,need help off tony he knows more about this.   Plus the issue of if a cannock - birmingham bus was run and omitting the M6 the only real way is the A34 but again would Arriva compete with NXWM going on experiance they would rather not as they have the Cannock-Walsall monopoly

Bob

yea they have, mores the pity, they took over Chase after pointlessly competing on the no1 service, Nxwm pulled out, leaving cannock to walsall passengers paying more to walsall, as an arriva daysaver is £2.20 more than a nxwm one, and they use shit buses with knackered interiors

Bob

Plus the trains ok if you live near a station, unless you want to pay to park at cannock stn ( try getting a space on h'ford or landywood at busy times)

Nathan4775

The X31 is currently being re-routed along Lancaster Circus, Any Reason for this ?
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk