News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva X31

Started by Tomjusttom, April 05, 2012, 10:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyr

Just coming in to Birmingham now on the x31. Just 5 pax. I was the last to board at New Invention. The bus was 3810, spotlessly clean and just as last week a very smart and polite driver.

Bob

its a shame, but the 930 & 1030 are usually pretty busy i think the early ones will prob get taken off, i usually get the x51 from cannock at that time cos i dont wana risk the motorway. Itll be interesting to see whether the route stays from sept

andy

I can only find details of the service changes at Tamworth in '87 at the moment, the other ones are missing...I will keep working through my stuff!

Bob

yea sound. when i was a kid chase bus service ran a 303  from cannock to rose hill was this part of a route withdrawn by another operator? i remember going on it with my nan it would be about 1987-88

Bob

caught the 1230 x31 from Cannock pretty busy 2 thirds full

Discodave

Just blips though not always busy good if it was I do like the service

Nathan4775

I think I remeber posting something like this in another topic but anyways;

What if Arriva introduced a route that operates From Birmingham - Perry Barr - Kingstanding - Aldridge - Cannock < that sounds like the most reliable route to cannock, but with the Roadworks on Moor Street ALL the buses seem to be running in convoy
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Tony

Quote from: NathanJC on June 16, 2012, 08:02:23 PM
I think I remeber posting something like this in another topic but anyways;

What if Arriva introduced a route that operates From Birmingham - Perry Barr - Kingstanding - Aldridge - Cannock < that sounds like the most reliable route to cannock, but with the Roadworks on Moor Street ALL the buses seem to be running in convoy

Probably because they ran that service for years (the 156) and they couldn't make any money on it, so withdrew it. This isn't having a go at you Nathan, I appreciate as you are only 16 you will probably not remember the 156 going to Cannock.

Bob

the156 was always DEAD yet they ran branded deckers on it? strange

Bob

According to Vosa n & p 15th june the X31 route & timetable is changing from 22nd July, anyone know what the changes are?

Tony

Quote from: bob on June 18, 2012, 07:26:29 PM
According to Vosa n & p 15th june the X31 route & timetable is changing from 22nd July, anyone know what the changes are?

That will be the Birmingham City Centre changes, same as every other Birmingham route that day

Bob

Not many other services were listed as changing for that day, what changes will be happening?

Tony

Quote from: bob on June 18, 2012, 07:39:15 PM
Not many other services were listed as changing for that day, what changes will be happening?
Almost every route in Birmingham as Corporation Street closes and many other roads have changes

Bob

the 12.30 from cannock was 25 mins late today!!

Stu

Quote from: bob on June 18, 2012, 07:39:15 PM

See: http://networkwestmidlands.com/bus/servicechanges/indexservicechanges.aspx  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk