News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NX Hybrids

Started by Nathan4775, April 18, 2012, 06:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the hybrids do you prefer?

Volvo B5LH
45 (55.6%)
Enviro400H
36 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 81

richie

Quote from: Stu on June 25, 2012, 07:08:03 PM
For an idea what other services they may 'sneak' onto, just look at WN's rotas.

Drivers would need to be type-trained on the new vehicle first, so logically only drivers on the rota with the 1 on will be type-trained first.

I would imagine WN employ a large number of drivers, so don't expect the new hybrids to appear regularly on other routes, in the same way you don't see BC's hybrids appearing on very many other services, apart from the ones they were purchased for.

That would be 257/256 then in the current format

Quote from: richie on June 25, 2012, 07:09:20 PM
Quote from: Stu on June 25, 2012, 07:08:03 PM
For an idea what other services they may 'sneak' onto, just look at WN's rotas.

Drivers would need to be type-trained on the new vehicle first, so logically only drivers on the rota with the 1 on will be type-trained first.

I would imagine WN employ a large number of drivers, so don't expect the new hybrids to appear regularly on other routes, in the same way you don't see BC's hybrids appearing on very many other services, apart from the ones they were purchased for.

That would be 257/256 then in the current format
All Drivers will need to be type trained as they may or could be designated to any route! also Sunday running boards intermingle for example you may get a 529 and a 1 or 126 the same day or a 1/79 so both on different weekday rotas so all drivers would need to be typed
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Driver03

Quote from: Trident 4609 on June 25, 2012, 09:46:27 PM
But did all drivers get type trained on the new B7RLE Wright eclipse urban 2. I have seen them on many routes. Today 2013 was on the 529, They were on the 25/25A today, they can be on the 11,59 and apparantly one went onto the 82 to cover for a Broken down O405N. They were mean't for the 2,3,4 and late the 5,6 and 10. So Do these drivers get type trained
Hi,

As user 4006 said all drivers are type trained, and in answer to your question yeah all drivers were type trained to Volvo B7s

Hope that helps!

Indeed all drivers have been typed (or should have been) B7's have been on the 25/25A 32/33 all week now infact bar the 26/28/62/62A I think at some stage they have been on all the routes
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Mike K

5405 was broken down on Harborne High Street this morning at the junction with Harborne Park Road (Kings Arms pub) causing traffic problems. 5404 similarly failed outside the Vine in Harborne last week causing traffic chaos. 5407 also failed in Harborne a couple of weeks back. Seem to be a few reliability issues with the E400Hs at the moment.

There are at least 2 non hybrids on the 22/23 today including Alum Rock branded 4157.

Ashley

The new MAN EcoCity does look promising, my only criticism would be the front dash looks a tad old fashioned. As for the BSLH, I thought I'd just add if anybody is interested Go North East are trialing an example from Brighton and Hoves fleet, whose examples look internally similar to ours

PM

I agree about the MAN EcoCity. NXWm should evaluate one of these at least because they look extremely competent buses and arriva up in the north thought of it as an extremely reliable bus-which is what every fleet engineer wants

Discodave

NXWM had gas which most posters know the volvo B10L 15xx series at Walsall some liked them most hated them (gas smells) they all had diesel engines put in and some are on the training fleet I think still?  Why should NXWM have gas when they have just got rid of them.  If they were so good would they have had more? Always remember at least one going off road when they were in service or just not starting Tony had a picture of one in Walsall with volvo trying to bring it to life at the bus station

nx4737

Quote from: Discodave on July 29, 2012, 11:12:12 AM
NXWM had gas which most posters know the volvo B10L 15xx series at Walsall some liked them most hated them (gas smells) they all had diesel engines put in and some are on the training fleet I think still?  Why should NXWM have gas when they have just got rid of them.  If they were so good would they have had more? Always remember at least one going off road when they were in service or just not starting Tony had a picture of one in Walsall with volvo trying to bring it to life at the bus station

Technology has moved on a lot since them though.

BU07 LGO

Reading had bioethanol Omnicity deckers and they were converted to diesel after a year!

Discodave

Quote from: BU07 LGO on July 30, 2012, 06:09:48 PM
Reading had bioethanol Omnicity deckers and they were converted to diesel after a year!
Proves some alternative fuels do not work also know they were very thirsty compared to a diesel proves trying to be green does not save money what about when batteries need to be replaced in the hybrids they are about £2000 in a toyota pryis and then you have to get rid of the batteries most bus companies including NXWM would rather use a boost pack than replace batteries cant do that on a hybrid

Liberator9

If they didn't want gas, then there is the Man City Smart; same design but not gas. The seats (saw in Buses mag) are excellent in them as well!

PM

Exactly-I thought the same of the seats-imagine in leather!! An attractive small bus at a good price-whats not to like??

Discodave

Man do good trucks and buses and have good diesel engines but are thirsty even the new ones my last truck was a 60 plate Man lots of torque and pulled well was a euro 5 but lucky to get 6.5 mpg that was on econmy mapping and 85kph limiter not 90kph yes lorries do not stop start but buses do so consumption is going to be worse

Mike K

8 to 9 months on and the BC Hybrids are still immaculate both inside and out, with no sign of graffiti or window etching. Is this because:
1. BC are giving these special attention compared with the rest of the fleet?
2. The 22/23 routes are less prone to vandalism than some other routes, e.g. Bristol Road, Alum Rock? or
3. A combination of the above? 

I'd suspect it's a bit of both - all routes are prone to vandalism to a degree. But it just goes to show how well buses can be maintained. 5502 lost some of its 'Turning Birmingham Green' megarear recently, presumably due to replacement window / panels but within a day or so everything had been re-applied - this is usually unheard of in the main fleet. The Hagley Road E400s were similarly maintained in their first year at BC but don't look so good now  :'(. 

Anyhow, certainly makes for a better bus travel experience.     

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk