News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NX Hybrids

Started by Nathan4775, April 18, 2012, 06:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the hybrids do you prefer?

Volvo B5LH
45 (55.6%)
Enviro400H
36 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 81

winston

Quote from: madabouttransport on January 06, 2013, 10:14:00 PM
Quote from: NXWM Spectra on January 06, 2013, 10:05:57 PM
Quote from: A1991 on January 06, 2013, 09:47:32 PM
Personally I think the spectras and some tridents will be moved to other routes, with some tridents being transferred to other garages.

WN's amount of deckers is fine, where they use them is where the problem lies.

Routes 11, and the 32/33 just need full size singles, B7RLE would be great, but 0405Ns would do the job.

That way, the routes that need deckers can be certain of deckers all the time.

EDIT: Presidents being withdrawn this year is news to me.

I heard from someone that presidents and mercs are being withdrawn this year

I would have thought that further withdrawals from the batch of Mercs 1515 - 1627 is highly likely, top of the list will be non refurbished / TWM & TC liveried examples, further B6LE & all remaining Solo & Excel. I would think that the Presidents have another couple of years left after having an extensive refurbishment in 2008, there are still single deck routes that would benefit from being converted to double deck & increasing capacity. I think the Spectras may have another 12 months left, but they will be withdrawn before the Presidents due to being non standard & it sounds as though part are becoming harder to come by

Sh4318

When the hybrids come, early tridents (41**, 43**) could transfer to Yardley Wood to replace some presidents, or to BC but I'm not sure whether BC need anymore tridents

To me, the easiest solution would be to withdraw Spectras when the hybrids arrive, or cascade mercs to WB and PE to withdraw R and S reg mercs
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

winston

Quote from: nx4737 on January 06, 2013, 10:06:34 PM

What's taking so long, I thought they were ordered quite a while ago?

The funding for the NXWM / NXD was awarded some time ago, but deliveries of Rotala Plc for Preston, Arriva London & Go-Ahead Oxford Bus Company have only recently been delivered / are in the process of delivery

don

Quote from: madabouttransport on January 06, 2013, 10:26:06 PM
To me, the easiest solution would be to ............................ cascade mercs to WB and PE to withdraw R and S reg mercs

This would seem a possibility given what's happening with B6LEs now. And the fleet age profile at WN will be very skewed towards newer vehicles after the hybrids arrive (nearly 70 vehicles 18 months old or less). This would be balanced by having 30 odd of the oldest vehicles (eg B6LE).

Also, is there also an issue funding refurbs at WN - most of the Mercs are the newer ones but in TWM livery - and that huge batch of Tridents in the 45xx to 46xx series is only part done - seems to make sense to move the newer Mercs elsewhere to replace the earlier ones.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Ashley

It would make sense to get rid of the Spectras this year, however if they cling on a bit longer then that would mean however many Tridents would more than likely have to transfer to my personal guess YW to withdraw Presidents, mind you that seems barmy considering a fair few have recently or are having a second refurb

This has I think been discussed before so remove if irrelevent!
Information I have that WN are loaning a B5 and a 400H for type training and the new Hybrids which will be B5L & Enviro 400H's will be delivered shortly and enter service end of March. This will very conveniently coincide with the Metro replacement service from March 30 - April 14. I therefore pursume the Hybrids may go on the 1 as previously suggested which will free up some Tridents for the rail replaqcement work. I have been told all the Excells/Solo's will be going along with some of the Mercs. So my question is what will happen to the surplus Tridents? does anyone know if this is actually true?
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Discodave

What about your spectras 4006?

Quote from: Discodave on February 10, 2013, 07:45:24 PM
Ah Yes I forgot to mention...due to be withdrawn Feb/March they are not (so I been told) the Spectra's will soldier on (fortunately for some, unfortunately for others!) for the meantime at least anyhows!
Maybe they will indeed go once the new Hybrids are in place? but the info I have is they will be staying for a bit longer!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Nathan4775

Quote from: 4006                         (Not NEL 111P) on February 10, 2013, 08:59:51 PM
Ah Yes I forgot to mention...due to be withdrawn Feb/March they are not (so I been told) the Spectra's will soldier on (fortunately for some, unfortunately for others!) for the meantime at least anyhows!
Maybe they will indeed go once the new Hybrids are in place? but the info I have is they will be staying for a bit longer!

Im glad i read this now, becuase now my main focus is to get pictures of all the Spectras before they go  8)
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

winston

Quote from: 4006                         (Not NEL 111P) on February 10, 2013, 08:59:51 PM

If the Spectras are sticking around a little longer, I would improve the internal appearances greatly if they were treated to a retrim.

With all the new deckers due this year is does appear that NX are increasing the proportion of double deckers within its fleet

BN

Nobody can corfirm what the hybrids are replacing yet.

Plus they are due in 2 batches. Volvos are being PDI'd this week and should be in the midlands next week.

The ADL's should be landing around the 2nd week in March.

Stuharris 6360

Well they are still repairing 4001, so i doubt whether the Spectra's will be withdrawn just yet, plus with other garages requiring Double Deckers it would seem silly to send them to the scrap man.

I happen to think that the Spectra's are some of the smartest deckers in the WN fleet!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 11, 2013, 09:49:26 PM
I happen to think that the Spectra's are some of the smartest deckers in the WN fleet!

I agree, 4006 was on the 255 today, i think they still look modern considering their age, could do with some TLC internally though

Discodave

Well they are still repairing 4001, so i doubt whether the Spectra's will be withdrawn just yet, plus with other garages requiring Double Deckers it would seem silly to send them to the scrap man.

Pennsnett Winston people on here seem to want them? Not digging at anyone.

winston

Quote from: Discodave on February 12, 2013, 12:52:25 PM

Pennsnett Winston people on here seem to want them? Not digging at anyone.

I'd love to see them at Pensnett, whether Pensnett staff would be so happy is another matter.

Pensnett could do with more Euro 3 double deckers to cover the Enviro 400s on the 9, 141 and maybe provide so double deck workings on certain boards on the 120,140 & 241 rather than older deckers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk