News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NX Hybrids

Started by Nathan4775, April 18, 2012, 06:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the hybrids do you prefer?

Volvo B5LH
45 (55.6%)
Enviro400H
36 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Ashley

"National Express Wolverhampton" not a fleetname i can imagine ever being applied at the paintshop

Gareth

Quote from: Ashley on November 16, 2012, 10:22:32 PM
"National Express Wolverhampton" not a fleetname i can imagine ever being applied at the paintshop

I did like the local fleetnames 1994-6 though, although they faded terribly after a few months on the first lot to be applied. The later ones with darker red looked better, although the red was slightly too dark at times and difficult to read.

However at least the whole fleet was rebranded within a couple of months, not coming up to 5 years!

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Typhoon2000 on November 16, 2012, 09:35:30 PM
I was talking about from the lights coming out from under the bridge at St Chads... That thing seriously shifted from a standing start!!! whew!

Talking of speed i followed 4113 up Queslett road (up hill) on the 5 in my car and it was doing 45 and had to brake for speed cameras! This was a steep uphill as well!

Westy

Anyone know which hybrid was out for a run around Willenhall this afternoon?

Discodave

I have not seen much about the hybrid buses NXWM have are they good or bad never been on one myself only a diamond one and was impressed from the passenger point of view is anyone whom is a driver and is at BC have a view on them or even a passanger point of view as some in the past have mentioned they live on the allocated routes.

Mike K

I live on the 22/23 route and from a passenger perspective both types are very good. Quiet, bright and airy (much better than the standard dull grey NX interior) helped by the fact that they are kept spotlessly clean, with still no signs of graffiti or window etching. The E400 has the greater capacity and better seating layout, feeling much more spacious downstairs but the B5LH has very impressive legroom upstairs, which combined with huge windows makes for a good travel experience.

Both seem reliable now, although the E400s had a few problems a few months back, and both are quite quick, although the B5LHs feel the faster of the two. All in all, very impressed. For me, the E400 edges it due to the better seating layout and capacity, and cleaner looks (the hybrid technology does seem to compromised the otherwise good looks of the Gemini 2 body, with a strange window layout, short wheelbase etc), but I guess I'll have to settle for the B5LH from March. Can't complain, they beat a clapped out, vandalised President or Trident any day of the week.

winston

Quote from: Trident 4609 on January 06, 2013, 08:49:20 PM
Does anyone know when these are actually due in service and what will happen to the tridents and spectras. I know that this has cropped up a few times but now the hybrids are nearly due i'm wondering what will happen with the Tridents off the 1 and also the spectras.

If anyone can tell me then that would be great :)

It was confirmed by Rob @ NXWM WN garage that the E400H Hybrids weren't due for delivery from ADL until 2nd/3rd week of March at present

Andrew1991

Personally I think the spectras and some tridents will be moved to other routes, with some tridents being transferred to other garages.

Sh4318

Could Spectras possibly be withdrawn? With tridents just being moved onto spectra routes, if presidents are being withdrawn this year, Spectras are sure to follow
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: A1991 on January 06, 2013, 09:47:32 PM
Personally I think the spectras and some tridents will be moved to other routes, with some tridents being transferred to other garages.

WN's amount of deckers is fine, where they use them is where the problem lies.

Routes 11, and the 32/33 just need full size singles, B7RLE would be great, but 0405Ns would do the job.

That way, the routes that need deckers can be certain of deckers all the time.

EDIT: Presidents being withdrawn this year is news to me.

nx4737

Quote from: Winston on January 06, 2013, 08:52:47 PM
Quote from: Trident 4609 on January 06, 2013, 08:49:20 PM
Does anyone know when these are actually due in service and what will happen to the tridents and spectras. I know that this has cropped up a few times but now the hybrids are nearly due i'm wondering what will happen with the Tridents off the 1 and also the spectras.

If anyone can tell me then that would be great :)

What's taking so long, I thought they were ordered quite a while ago?

It was confirmed by Rob @ NXWM WN garage that the E400H Hybrids weren't due for delivery from ADL until 2nd/3rd week of March at present

tank90

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on January 06, 2013, 10:05:57 PM

Routes 11, and the 32/33 just need full size singles, B7RLE would be great, but 0405Ns would do the job.

Have Dundee had all the ones they are due to have?
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Sh4318

I heard from someone that presidents and mercs are being withdrawn this year
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

winston

Quote from: tank90 on January 06, 2013, 10:11:09 PM

Have Dundee had all the ones they are due to have?

No, Dundee now appear to only be due 9 not the 10 originally announced

Ash

With the amount of money that has been spent on the presidents over the last few years and recent refurbs for the ones to be used on the 5 service I'm sure they will see a few more years of service, the mercs I would think by the end of this year it could be likely that only 1628-1707 remain with the ones before that withdrawn.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk