News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NX Hybrids

Started by Nathan4775, April 18, 2012, 06:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the hybrids do you prefer?

Volvo B5LH
45 (55.6%)
Enviro400H
36 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 81

bwsau cymru

good solid bus the spectras are.....will be a sad day when they leave.....hope rotala buy then.... lol!!
campaigning for better transport for all

Andrew1991

Are these new buses going to be branded for the route and does anyone know the fleet numbers yet

JackC

Wild guess for fleet numbers would they carry on in the 54xx and 55xx fashion that BC use.

BN

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 11, 2013, 09:49:26 PM
Well they are still repairing 4001, so i doubt whether the Spectra's will be withdrawn just yet, plus with other garages requiring Double Deckers it would seem silly to send them to the scrap man.

I happen to think that the Spectra's are some of the smartest deckers in the WN fleet!

4001 moved today, its made it out the garage.........only to the yard mind you!

BN

PDIs in Ireland went well for WN's B5LH's. Should be here by the end of feb.

John

Quote from: BN on February 15, 2013, 11:49:05 AM
Well they are still repairing 4001, so i doubt whether the Spectra's will be withdrawn just yet, plus with other garages requiring Double Deckers it would seem silly to send them to the scrap man.

I happen to think that the Spectra's are some of the smartest deckers in the WN fleet!

At least it's back on its feet!!

settlerman

Quote from: JackC on February 14, 2013, 04:17:53 PM
Wild guess for fleet numbers would they carry on in the 54xx and 55xx fashion that BC use.
Seems logical.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: John on February 15, 2013, 02:23:23 PM
Quote from: BN on February 15, 2013, 11:49:05 AM

At least it's back on its feet!!

Good on NXWM for repairing this I say, because lets be perfectly honest from an economics point of view it probably didn't make much sense, especially with WN getting another 21 new deckers in, plus they could always have just transferred in another B6, or kept an Excel going although that wouldn't be ideal as WN are strugiling for Deckers with a few unusual workings here and there

Ashley

There aren't enough replacements for all Excels and some Mercs are there and can i assume the R reg ones would go first?

winston

Quote from: Ashley on February 15, 2013, 10:59:04 PM
There aren't enough replacements for all Excels and some Mercs are there and can i assume the R reg ones would go first?

There are only 5 Excels left (684, 687, 693, 708 & 711) of the 4 R-reg Mercs remaining @ WN 1543 & 1546 have both been refurbished & repainted in NX livery, so these may stick around a while longer yet. It may be none T/V-reg Mercs could end going to Coventry / Pensnett or West Bromwich to allow the withdrawal of 15--- / early 16-- series non refurbished Mercs

BN

No plan to get rid of anymore excels or mercs from WN as yet. Hybrids are replacing tridents to go to YW.

By the way look out for the Volvo Hybrids 4 should be arriving w/c 18.2.13!

John

Quote from: BN on February 16, 2013, 08:58:26 AM

When will they be in service. Will they be put out all together with the Enviro400H's or on their own before?.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

No plan to get rid of anymore excels or mercs from WN as yet. Hybrids are replacing tridents to go to YW.

Is this to allow the Enviro's to go to PE? Or to dispatch some more B10's and maybe even a few Presidents

winston

BN, sorry didn't see this reply before posting on the other thread about WN loosing Excels etc

winston

Quote from: wilmotm on February 16, 2013, 11:34:31 AM

Is this to allow the Enviro's to go to PE? Or to dispatch some more B10's and maybe even a few Presidents

Dundee are still expecting a further 3 Presidents, no doubt after WN's hybrids enter service, I'm thinking it could be 4120-4122 from YW to make a batch with 4123/4 already working up there

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk