News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NX Hybrids

Started by Nathan4775, April 18, 2012, 06:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the hybrids do you prefer?

Volvo B5LH
45 (55.6%)
Enviro400H
36 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 81

No ruddles for me, I'll have a dissarono and coke  ;). The square peg is great for spotting, if you sit near the back of the pub, you'll get to see the 65, 66/A, 67

Quote from: windy miller on May 28, 2012, 11:48:58 AM
4006 Cheap Bear? Is that black or brown? :) Yes Weatherspoons- Good drinking Hole- I would recommend It- (Try the Ruddles Best Bitter-Beautiful stuff! :P :P Food a bit pricey though -Iv'e not tried drinking in the garden though-prob need bino's to see Broad St Services??

windy miller

Might try an hour or so next sat  (2nd june)  (broad st)  try out my new bino's
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

The big 'Spoons' at the top of Stourbridge High Street also allows good views of 246, 256, 257, X96, 276 services plus a few others I'm sure and the Beefeater in Pensnett is literally opposite to the entrance to the Trading Estate where PE depot is located so go out for a meal say between 6-7PM and you will see endless B6's, Merc's, B7's and Enviro's parking up for the night

windy miller

thanks but PE was something i did at shool :) I suppose you would get some funny looks jumping up and down the pub looking at buses. I know there is a pub called the three furnaces ? where I used to turn right- up to the end of that road-then left ( for about 100 yds,) then LEFT into the trading estate,  (There is no security office at the north gate  entrance)- then down to second ave and park-up right in front of the garage for about an hour say 6.30 to 7.30. I don't suppose things have changed much in the past 2-3 years since I went?

windy miller

I spent about an hour today in the churchyard (Colmore row) very pleasant weather. I only saw 1 enviro? (5403) However, I did see at least 6 of the Hybrids in service on the harborne services. I'm thinking maybe the Air cond works better on the Hybrids in hot weather? No?- so where were all the Enviros today then? ???

MW

Quote from: windy miller on May 28, 2012, 11:26:28 PM
I spent about an hour today in the churchyard (Colmore row) very pleasant weather. I only saw 1 enviro? (5403) However, I did see at least 6 of the Hybrids in service on the harborne services. I'm thinking maybe the Air cond works better on the Hybrids in hot weather? No?- so where were all the Enviros today then? ???

5403 is a hybrid...

danny

Yes talk of pubs and buses
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Stu

All the green/white buses are hybrids.  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

windy miller

Thanks Stu. I meant to specify Alexander hybrids in my ref to 5403 as opposed to Volvo Hybrids :-[ :-[ My mistake.      (Still don't know where they all were.....) ;)

windy miller

The truth-your comment on the square peg -Iv'e never been in there, I heard its 'karma'  is not one of the best to say the least! :-X :-X I dont think any (new) b7's pass there anyway (20/21xx)  except the 120 I suppose. Unless you know different?

AG and PE B7RLEs can be seen
AG: 37, 72
PE: 120

Also hybrids on the 24, if you go on a Sunday

Quote from: windy miller on May 29, 2012, 11:52:48 AM
The truth-your comment on the square peg -Iv'e never been in there, I heard its 'karma'  is not one of the best to say the least! :-X :-X I dont think any (new) b7's pass there anyway (20/21xx)  except the 120 I suppose. Unless you know different?

windy miller

4504  8)Thanks for that-I can't recall seeing any 'new' AG B7's on either the 6 or the 37-every time I get any where near the New st ramp they seem to be operated by the older group? I forget where the 72 goes, but I did see 7019 on that svc last thursday ie amidst all the late afternoon bus CHAOS at the bottom of Dale end/ albert st. Fortunatly tony's? group of competent WM Traffic inspectors were able to impose some sort of normality-(eventualy) :) 

MW

Quote from: windy miller on May 29, 2012, 05:02:18 PM
4504  8)Thanks for that-I can't recall seeing any 'new' AG B7's on either the 6 or the 37-every time I get any where near the New st ramp they seem to be operated by the older group? I forget where the 72 goes, but I did see 7019 on that svc last thursday ie amidst all the late afternoon bus CHAOS at the bottom of Dale end/ albert st. Fortunatly tony's? group of competent WM Traffic inspectors were able to impose some sort of normality-(eventualy) :)

No, you wouldn't see B7s on the 6 because YW (the depot it is run by) doesn't operate any B7's.

AG run the 37 and 72, where you can see a mix of Volvo B7RLE and Scania K230UB.

You might see Volvo B7RLEs along Broad Street as mentioned, and at Five Ways on the 1.

John

Quote from: 4504 on May 29, 2012, 12:06:02 PM

Also hybrids on the 24, if you go on a Sunday

They also sneak on in the week, especially at peak hours.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk