News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NX Hybrids

Started by Nathan4775, April 18, 2012, 06:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the hybrids do you prefer?

Volvo B5LH
45 (55.6%)
Enviro400H
36 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 81

MW

Quote from: BU07 LGO on May 26, 2012, 11:38:42 AM
B7 ALX

The B7 ALX400s were new to West Midlands for the Sutton Lines weren't they? They were transferred to Dundee and re-registered before entering service. I was under the impression they were anyway.

winston

Quote from: Michael on May 26, 2012, 02:39:38 PM
Quote from: don on May 26, 2012, 01:05:31 PM
Possible that they might cascade some Geminis?

Do Dundee still have Olympians? If so, I'd imagine these would replace some Geminis, to replace the Olympians. If I'm totally wrong and they don't have Olympians anymore, I reckon the Geminis would transfer down here :)

Yes, they still have the 3 x former London United Airbus/ NXWM private hire Volvo Olympian/Alexander Royale with wheelchair lifts, plus the 2 x Cambridge Coach Services/ NX Owned Ops Volvo Olympian/NC Palatine II's, all are used on school & contract services in the main. The Gemini's are a bit new to be dedicated to school services; they may be cascaded to replace further older B10L single deckers if additional capacity is required on any Dundee route. Would have thought 5 ex NXWM Presidents would make better replacements

winston

Quote from: Gareth on May 26, 2012, 03:11:49 PM
I doubt any Geminis would transfer down here. Dundee still have quite a lot of Volvo B6LE, B10L and B10BLE's to withdraw first.

Strange that Dundee have gone for ADL Enviro 400H's, especially when I thought they were going to become 100% Volvo. I would have thought that B5LH's would have been their first choice.

Dundee no longer have any B6LE's in service, they still have 4 x ex NXWM P5--EJW examples on site, but these are all withdrawn, they only have 17 x B10L's left in service as well. A few more may be withdrawn once ex Demos 2030 /2031 & the rest of the 6 new 12 plate B7RLE's (2053-2058) all enter service

John

Quote from: Michael on May 26, 2012, 03:34:56 PM
The B7 ALX400s were new to West Midlands for the Sutton Lines weren't they? They were transferred to Dundee and re-registered before entering service. I was under the impression they were anyway.

Thats right Michael. With branding but not used. In service in Dundee in March 02, spent around 18 months there before returning.

If anyone is interested, the original registrations of 4300-4 were
4300 - BU51 RYH
4301 - BU51 RYJ
4302 - BU51 RYK
4303 - BU51 RYM
4304 - BU51 RYN
(Not sure if they were actually registered or just allocated)

windy miller

Can anyone tell me if all of these buses are confined to the harborne/bristol road services ? or do they venture elsewhere on the system? I presume they are all working from colmore row?
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Stu

They are allocated only to the 22 and 23 'Harborne Corridor' services, but are also used on the 24 on Sundays. Rarely, they may stray onto other BC services, one or two have occasionally been spotted on the 97 service, but so far not on the Bristol Road services.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

windy miller

Thanks stu. I thought they worked the bristol road as well- my mistake :-[  If I find somewhere to sit in the church grounds alongside colmore row for a couple of hours I should see most of them then? The reason I was asking is I had seen one of tonys photos which appeared to have been taken near the markets in B'ham -or was that one of the 54xx's (Enviros)? incidentally, where would I see most of those in service? -assuming that they have all been delivered that is! (Must get out more :) 8)

Stu

Both the B5LH Gemini 2s and the Enviro 400Hs are used on those routes I already listed.
My locals:

I don't think Bristol or Pershore road drivers have been trained on hybrids, and that's why they only appear on the 24, 22/23 and occasionally 97/A

Stu

If you want to see the hybrids in action, best places to see them would be Colmore Row, Broad Street, Harborne, or Bartley Green (anywhere on the 22 or 23 routes!)
My locals:

Quote from: Stu on May 27, 2012, 06:13:47 PM
If you want to see the hybrids in action, best places to see them would be Colmore Row, Broad Street, Harborne, or Bartley Green (anywhere on the 22 or 23 routes!)
Broad Street In The weatherspoons! New Buses Cheep bear...No Problem! You can also see new VolvoB7 from there amongst others!!!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

windy miller

4006 Cheap Bear? Is that black or brown? :) Yes Weatherspoons- Good drinking Hole- I would recommend It- (Try the Ruddles Best Bitter-Beautiful stuff! :P :P Food a bit pricey though -Iv'e not tried drinking in the garden though-prob need bino's to see Broad St Services??

Quote from: windy miller on May 28, 2012, 11:48:58 AM
4006 Cheap Bear? Is that black or brown? :) Yes Weatherspoons- Good drinking Hole- I would recommend It- (Try the Ruddles Best Bitter-Beautiful stuff! :P :P Food a bit pricey though -Iv'e not tried drinking in the garden though-prob need bino's to see Broad St Services??
Ruddles of course! Weatherspoons beer is generally cheaper than most pubs and amazingly there always seams to be one near to bus stations so you can have a pint and see the buses at the same time. Weatherspoons in Coventry is a good one but not quite as good as the Square Peg In brum  ;D ;D

[/quote]

You should try the newish one in Oldbury, if you get a window seat you can see everything going up and down Church St to the bus interchange
[/quote]
Cheers for the tip but see what I mean where there's a bus station or descent bus spotting place there's a Weatherspoons! could be a new thread ere  ;)

There's the one in West Bromwich, across the road from the Bus Station, you'll be able to see everything going to Carter's Green and Sandwell Hospital.

There's also one in Halesowen, around the corner from Halesowen Bus Station, I suppose that'd also be good for spotting, especially if you like B6LEs (244 & 636)

Quote from: 4006 on May 28, 2012, 09:57:51 PM

You should try the newish one in Oldbury, if you get a window seat you can see everything going up and down Church St to the bus interchange
[/quote]
Cheers for the tip but see what I mean where there's a bus station or descent bus spotting place there's a Weatherspoons! could be a new thread ere  ;)
[/quote]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk