News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

VDL SB200

Started by Bob, October 20, 2012, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busfan2847

Quote from: arrivaaston on December 13, 2012, 12:12:19 AM
Were the L/NFA darts Derby/Burton buses? Don't ever recall them being Cannocks
Dennis Darts L300SBS and L301-305NFA were new to Stevensons (300-305).

arrivaaston

I have a model of L300SBS in stevensons liverey with Cannock Garrages address on it, its got 14 Stretton on the blind

Bob

To be fair those Darts werent the best buses in the Stevensons fleet, they were the same as the P-PWW & P-RWU ones, pretty s***e! i dont think ive ever seen legroom as horrendous ( even women struggled) on any bus! To replace buses like Nationals which had plenty of room with crap like them, well

arrivaaston

I couldn't stand the P/RWU or P/PWW vile darts if I'm honest, same as the hand down b6's L/TKA, L/YCU qnd L/HPP

Bob

God yea! they didnt last long. Ur right about how services etc have changed , i think theyre a lot worse

arrivaaston

As its been said before, the cannock to brum route would of worked if it had a better route, going on the M6 was asking for trouble.... And what is the point in the 33 going to Walsall??

jarh_9394

Quote from: arrivaaston on December 13, 2012, 08:11:00 PM
As its been said before, the cannock to brum route would of worked if it had a better route, going on the M6 was asking for trouble.... And what is the point in the 33 going to Walsall??

What is the point in the 33 going to Walsall?

Think carefully about the question you're asking there.

arrivaaston

Ok but there's a 32 to brownhills then there's numerous buses from the high street, didn't it expand to walsall to replace fromer chase route 67 or 64 summert like that?

Tony

Quote from: arrivaaston on December 13, 2012, 09:09:06 PM
Ok but there's a 32 to brownhills then there's numerous buses from the high street, didn't it expand to walsall to replace fromer chase route 67 or 64 summert like that?

OK then I live in Heath Hayes, although I walk to Hednesford for the train whenever I go out, if my family need to get to Walsall without a long walk then they can catch the 33, oh no sorry, you don't want Heath Hayes to have a bus to Walsall

jarh_9394

But, fundamentally, the purpose in extending the 33 beyond Brownhills to Walsall is to provide a service for the market that clearly exists there - otherwise the service wouldn't exist and we wouldn't have registered a competing commercial operation as Midland.

Although I don't expect the current timetable to continue in its present form (alas, we are now competing against ourselves!) it is sustainable - demand is there. So that is the point in the 33 extending beyond Brownhills.

I'm all for constructive criticism, suggestions and even the more-analytical-than-usual questions, but unless you have access to our route cost index and Wayfarer data, with all due respect you can't really be shouting the odds on what is and isn't profitable!

I read somewhere on here about how somebody thinks the Pye Greens should be reduced in frequency. I'm sure they would be if the takings were rubbish! The point in business is to provide a quality service and make a profit - we are aware of that!

arrivaaston

I wasn't saying that at all, sorry if it came accross that way, by the way how long u lived in Heath Hayes? My mum grew up there and I was just saying wouldn't it be eaiser to have just a 33 and sxrap the 32 then because there is times where they run together

Bob

There has pretty much always been demand for a service between Heath hayes and Walsall, id say its less nowadays considering WMPTE/WMT used deckers on the 345 & Arriva use MPDs, ( the worst buses ever for longer distances!). It was me who made the remark about the 25/26,I wouldnt call it much of a quality service tbf, half empty deckers, MPDs, midibuses or full size at any given time. It used to be an important route and had branded vehicles, its deteriorated somewhat....

arrivaaston

Years ago Pye Greens were operated by branded mercs

jarh_9394

Quote from: bob on December 13, 2012, 11:18:22 PM
There has pretty much always been demand for a service between Heath hayes and Walsall, id say its less nowadays considering WMPTE/WMT used deckers on the 345 & Arriva use MPDs, ( the worst buses ever for longer distances!). It was me who made the remark about the 25/26,I wouldnt call it much of a quality service tbf, half empty deckers, MPDs, midibuses or full size at any given time. It used to be an important route and had branded vehicles, its deteriorated somewhat....

So, because your favourite types of bus aren't used and they are sometimes half-full, the service is of a low standard?

Bob

It is inconsistent. thats all im saying. going from branded buses promoting a service to a mix of sticking any available nail on there is a decline yes. Arriva provide a crap service for the extortionate ( compared to nxwm) fares they charge! Look at the DISGUSTING condition of the interiors of the 1 branded SB200s, is that a good quality service? The same goes for the SB120s, theyve had them how long and have only managed to refurb one?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk