News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

VDL SB200

Started by Bob, October 20, 2012, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarh_9394

Once again - inconsistent because you don't like the colour of the seats and you don't like Mini Pointer Darts...

Bob

Colour?? CONDITION! MPDs are terrible! If you think Arriva provide a quality service in Cannock you must have lost the plot

jarh_9394

Quote from: bob on December 14, 2012, 09:16:32 AM
Colour?? CONDITION! MPDs are terrible! If you think Arriva provide a quality service in Cannock you must have lost the plot

I'm not the one who started a thread on the whiny nature of SB200s...

I can't recall the particular vehicles you mentioned from memory - it may well be that they are due a refurb - but the squabs themselves have to be of reasonable standard without holes and rips to pass MOT so I doubt very much that "disgusting" is an appropriate description for their condition.

arrivaaston

I think 2731 was refurbed when at stafford, and let's be fair the interior on 2391 is vile and I think what's trying to be said is some of the buses could do with been refurbed, this may seem like a stupid question but how is it Burton can refurb their commanders and telford can do their sb120's but cannock don't do that many refurbs??

Bob

The seats on the SB120s are actually threadbare, and at least one has got head rests literally stitched back together. Also mechanically some of the buses are awful one of the mpds i think its an fk52 plate judders and shakes horrendously! V605 DBC is a knackered sounding bus, and yea Cannock dont refurb there buses any where near enough. Is there any more about the stafford branded SB200s going/being reallocated?

arrivaaston

Not heard nothing for abit about those, 3731 is on the 32's today and the bus your on about is 2274 I think it was once Shrewsburys and it ratlles like hell, 2209's proberbly the best dart cannock have

nx4737

Quote from: jarh_9394 on December 14, 2012, 08:49:44 AM
Once again - inconsistent because you don't like the colour of the seats and you don't like Mini Pointer Darts...

You're wasting your time, you won't get through to the Arriva Cannock hate club on here, I've tried :P

jarh_9394

arrivaaston

Obviously people on here are givin their opinions and ithers take it to heart, bit daft really

nx4737

I kinda want someone like VIP or Sandwell Travel to end up operation in Cannock so these people realize that Arriva aren't as bad as they think.

arrivaaston

We did... Choice travel.. The old merc G541TBD always breaking down but I'm not criticising arriva, I photo their buses myself just don't have an internet site but what people are sayin some buses do need refurbing

Bob

At least if an independent started running in Cannock ( or even better NXWM started running there again) there would be an ELEMENT of choice & competition, wasnt deregulation supposed to bring that in???

jarh_9394

Quote from: bob on December 14, 2012, 06:03:37 PM
At least if an independent started running in Cannock ( or even better NXWM started running there again) there would be an ELEMENT of choice & competition, wasnt deregulation supposed to bring that in???

Yet you did nothing but moan about Midland buses prior to our takeover by Arriva and question why NXWM "bother to continue running" Cannock extensions of the Birmingham service...

PM

I think the point Bob is making is that Midland was never a high quality competitior-Im sorry if 13 year old darts and solos are considered high quality, arriva cannock both lacks investment and has no effort put into presenting the existing investment well and NXWM aren't at all committed to the X51 so essentially they may as well withdraw. So, in short, no competition in Cannock-even if Midland were ever considered anything more than a low rate competitor with some backing by Julian Peddle. You have to ask themselves why they sold it: a bad fleet not making much money-if it was then theyd have kept it and their other companies like D and G and in particular South Lancs Travel are of a much higher standard.

jarh_9394

Whilst taking your comments on board and not by any means dismissing what you are saying, it was not a case of flogging a dead duck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk