News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Discussion

Started by winston, September 20, 2012, 11:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real 4778

Hehehehe!  I'll look out for you - most nights I try and rake-in the three Benz working the 451 after work.

Sutton station - end of commute, pick up the next one from The Parade, take as far as Sutton Park pub (pint), next 451 back in as far as The Cup (pint in Bottle of Sack), third back to the Sutton Park and repeat to taste...
Don't you start.

wbdriver

Quote from: The Real 4778 on October 21, 2012, 07:47:09 PM
Hehehehe!  I'll look out for you - most nights I try and rake-in the three Benz working the 451 after work.

Sutton station - end of commute, pick up the next one from The Parade, take as far as Sutton Park pub (pint), next 451 back in as far as The Cup (pint in Bottle of Sack), third back to the Sutton Park and repeat to taste...

i might have picked you up last week - i was on lates then! but not always Mercs on late nights - i had 568 Wednesday night after yobs broke another of my windows......
an empty bus is a happy driver.

Ash

Bet you didnt get that much power out of 568 up the Newton Road love being on a merc when its getting thrashed especially on the 406 as there normally running behind.

winston

Quote from: wbdriver on October 21, 2012, 07:36:00 PM
West Brom are getting new enviro 200s for the 46 and 47/A due in December according to the staff guide. It also says that PN will get them for the 222 and BC for the 99, as previously mentioned on this forum.

10 needed for those WB routes plus spares.

although knowing our recent history with new buses, they'll probably go to another garage asap!! :D

If WB are due to get 10 + Spares out of the 30 Enviros on order, I doubt there will be enough to see off all the remaining B6LE @ Pensnett. Does the 222 need approx 8 + spares

Are WB intending to withdraw all remaining B6LE?

The Real 4778

Quote from: wbdriver on October 21, 2012, 07:50:11 PM
i might have picked you up last week - i was on lates then! but not always Mercs on late nights - i had 568 Wednesday night after yobs broke another of my windows......

I followed you into Sutton, driving across town - turned at Stonehouse Road just as 568 passed, I thought I was seeing things. 
Don't you start.

wbdriver

Quote from: Ash on October 21, 2012, 07:52:37 PM
Bet you didnt get that much power out of 568 up the Newton Road love being on a merc when its getting thrashed especially on the 406 as there normally running behind.

shocking, it flew up the newton road! it actually felt quicker than the merc (1607) i was on before!! i was actually surprised!
an empty bus is a happy driver.

Ash

Quote from: Winston on October 21, 2012, 07:54:57 PM
West Brom are getting new enviro 200s for the 46 and 47/A due in December according to the staff guide. It also says that PN will get them for the 222 and BC for the 99, as previously mentioned on this forum.

although knowing our recent history with new buses, they'll probably go to another garage asap!! :D

If WB are due to get 10 + Spares out of the 30 Enviros on order, I doubt there will be enough to see off all the remaining B6LE @ Pensnett. Does the 222 need approx 8 + spares

I know they have to be shared out to garages but WB deserves the majority share i think Pensnett have had there fair share of buses at least for a while, BC need them for the 99 i know that but im sure the 222 could hang on for a while with the b6le's.

winston

Quote from: Ash on October 21, 2012, 07:58:10 PM
Quote from: Winston on October 21, 2012, 07:54:57 PM

I know they have to be shared out to garages but WB deserves the majority share i think Pensnett have had there fair share of buses at least for a while, BC need them for the 99 i know that but im sure the 222 could hang on for a while with the b6le's.

The 222 new fleet upgrade is part of the Brierley Hill bus fund package of improvements, true Pensnett has fared better than WB of late but it doesn't really make sense retaining a handful of B6LE, I expect WB may be in the same position since receiving more of the type from WA.

winston

Quote from: thetruth on October 21, 2012, 08:07:31 PM
222 PVR is 7. 99 is 8 I believe. 46 is 5, 47/47A is 6.

It will probably be 7 plus 1 spare for Pensnett, 8 plus 1 spare for BC and 11 plus 2 spare for WB.

Based on those numbers, WB may just about be able to see off all remaining B6LE

JackC

If the Enviros are going to be working the 47/47A, it'd be safe to assume two of them will go off and work evening 410s?

Ash

I think it will be the alx200 that could be going due to only 1 being refurbed and and 2 in NXWM livery all the rest are in travel west midlands livery and not in the best of states and theres only 14 of them.

monkeyjoe

•New National Express West Midlands buses on services 46, 47, 47A, 99 and 222 being delivered around Christmas with further new and refurbished vehicles over the three years of the agreement

They have put it in the public domian, so must be true.

http://www.centro.org.uk/newsroom/PressReleases/PressRelease43907.aspx

winston

Quote from: monkeyjoe on October 23, 2012, 08:56:23 PM
•New National Express West Midlands buses on services 46, 47, 47A, 99 and 222 being delivered around Christmas with further new and refurbished vehicles over the three years of the agreement

Sounds as though WB should receive further batches of new buses over the course of the next 3 years at least

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Winston on October 23, 2012, 09:24:54 PM

I'm being a bit cynical, but all the reviews say that.
Sounds as though WB should receive further batches of new buses over the course of the next 3 years at least

winston

Quote from: monkeyjoe on October 23, 2012, 10:39:45 PM
Quote from: Winston on October 23, 2012, 09:24:54 PM

I'm being a bit cynical, but all the reviews say that.

Possibly.....

CV hasn't had anything new following its review, but did have the 13 x Enviro 400's in late 2011 & is reported to be expecting 27 new buses during 2013.
WN has fared the best taking 48 x Volvo B7RLE's, the initial 29 arriving as part of the review, the remainder may have been delivered to allow withdrawal of further Excels rather than as a result of the review

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk