News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Discussion

Started by winston, September 20, 2012, 11:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: rob@mdc on December 09, 2012, 01:54:21 PM
My statement came from ADL themselves.

Delivery of E400H from week 11, 2013.

Wasn't questioning your info,

I thought that around the time of they were ordered/Green Bus funding was awarded it was announced they would be due in Jan, which I assumed they would have been required pre- B'ham City Centre Emission rules coming in to force, however that has since been resolved as regards the Presidents at least.

Have WB now got enough Euro 3 buses to operate all their B'ham routes within having to use Mercs?

Ash

Quote from: thetruth on December 09, 2012, 03:49:51 PM
Quote from: Winston on December 09, 2012, 03:24:56 PM

I thought that around the time of they were ordered/Green Bus funding was awarded it was announced they would be due in Jan, which I assumed they would have been required pre- B'ham City Centre Emission rules coming in to force, however that has since been resolved as regards the Presidents at least.

Have WB now got enough Euro 3 buses to operate all their B'ham routes within having to use Mercs?

Depends if the 83/89 are classified as core or complementary services. They have enough if they are complementary and can use Mercs on these 2.

The big issue with these services is that West Bromwich garage has seen a lack of investment on new vehicles for a few years now and especially single deckers the newest single decker they have of any type is a W reg alx200 dart which is 12 years old. The omnilinks were the newest at the garage and they were for the 404 (now 4) and have left for Walsall, even if the omnilinks and the 404 was still at WB the buses wouldnt have been able to be used on the 83/89 unless mercs were introduced back on to the 404 in a swap.

winston

Quote from: Ash on December 09, 2012, 03:54:11 PM
Quote from: thetruth on December 09, 2012, 03:49:51 PM
Quote from: Winston on December 09, 2012, 03:24:56 PM

The 12 yr old Darts may be the one's that are going when WB receives its new Enviro 200's

Depends if the 83/89 are classified as core or complementary services. They have enough if they are complementary and can use Mercs on these 2.

The big issue with these services is that West Bromwich garage has seen a lack of investment on new vehicles for a few years now and especially single deckers the newest single decker they have of any type is a W reg alx200 dart which is 12 years old. The omnilinks were the newest at the garage and they were for the 404 (now 4) and have left for Walsall, even if the omnilinks and the 404 was still at WB the buses wouldnt have been able to be used on the 83/89 unless mercs were introduced back on to the 404 in a swap.

Tony

These are taking fleetnumbers 801 upwards

As Enviro 200s are basically updated darts I suppose the use of these fleetnumbers is very appropriate

Andrew1991

Looks great, looks longer than I was expecting

winston

BU07 LGO

Is it the headlight surrounds missing on the pic of the front or have they opted for silver as it looks much better but the other picture seems to show them being red?

winston

Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 12, 2012, 10:08:08 PM
Is it the headlight surrounds missing on the pic of the front or have they opted for silver as it looks much better but the other picture seems to show them being red?

Missing I think, as you say the pic of the front of 803 appears to be red

Gareth

Interesting that 803 has the fleetname above the door. I wonder if it will receive some kind of branding?

Also it seems that maybe BX62SDA wont be a bus after all.

Stu

Quote from: A1991 on December 12, 2012, 10:54:45 PM
I think its missing as the back lights are white like the rest of the body http://wallys-wanderings.smugmug.com/Buses/PLAXTON-NEW-COACHES-AND-BUSES/22335812_VPXhCT#!i=2269094347&k=BshcPQP

Bloody hell, I hope this gets a wash before it heads down here, its filthy!  :o

Quote from: Gareth on December 13, 2012, 12:25:59 AM
Interesting that 803 has the fleetname above the door. I wonder if it will receive some kind of branding?

BX62SDA currently doesn't exist, according to my vehicle registration lookup I use at work. But then neither does BX62SKJ (from that picture).
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on December 13, 2012, 07:19:35 PM
Quote from: A1991 on December 12, 2012, 10:54:45 PM
I think its missing as the back lights are white like the rest of the body http://wallys-wanderings.smugmug.com/Buses/PLAXTON-NEW-COACHES-AND-BUSES/22335812_VPXhCT#!i=2269094347&k=BshcPQP

Bloody hell, I hope this gets a wash before it heads down here, its filthy!  :o

BX62SDA currently doesn't exist, according to my vehicle registration lookup I use at work. But then neither does BX62SKJ (from that picture).

'?? ?? SDA' is never issued by DVLA for some reason

Rob H

It's probably receiving branding for the 222 as the B6's had branding for the 222 but if it's going to be branding for the 99 I will be suprised but it will be good though
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

danny

I'm actually suprised i imagined them to b3 shoter, cant wait to see them in action hopfully if they good we may see further investment
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk