News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Discussion

Started by winston, September 20, 2012, 11:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackC

Could be a new style of fleetname they're trying out then?

nx4737

Quote from: A1991 on December 16, 2012, 12:43:31 AM
I wasn't a big fan of enviro 200's but these look great, much better than the hansons and arriva ones

The NXWM examples look quite plain from the photos I've seen, where as the Arriva E200s look far, far more interesting.

BU07 LGO

They need silver surrounds on front and rear lights

don

Quote from: nx4737 on December 16, 2012, 12:55:50 PM
Quote from: A1991 on December 16, 2012, 12:43:31 AM
I wasn't a big fan of enviro 200's but these look great, much better than the hansons and arriva ones

The NXWM examples look quite plain from the photos I've seen, where as the Arriva E200s look far, far more interesting.

I think they look fine..........a Midibus at B37F? Wait until they've got their branding - that should liven the look up!

I think the Arriva colour scheme plus the silver light surround colours really suit these buses - but as I say, with the side branding etc, these E200s will look very smary and colourful.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

MW

They are the same size as the B6's they are replacing so 37 seaters.

danny

Any idea when they going to be out on the road, had an eye out in town today but didnt spot one, will be intresting to see if they venture onto other routes, especially on Sundays when NXWM don't run the 99.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Tony

Quote from: danny on December 17, 2012, 05:03:09 PM
Any idea when they going to be out on the road, had an eye out in town today but didnt spot one, will be intresting to see if they venture onto other routes, especially on Sundays when NXWM don't run the 99.

You won't see them for a bit, they need to be PDIed (pre delivery Inspected); Have ticket machines, radios, AVL equipment commisioned. Then every driver on the 99 plus others that cover and do overtime on there has to be type trained. The engineering staff also have to be trained on them.

I would expect about the second week of January is realistic, although an odd one might venture out on an odd peak working before then

danny

Thanks tony  :) what does a PDI entail, like break testing and all that jazz?
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Stevo

When does the low-emission zone in Brum city centre start? Presumably the B6s won't be allowed on the 99 after that.

winston

Quote from: Stevo on December 17, 2012, 10:10:56 PM
When does the low-emission zone in Brum city centre start? Presumably the B6s won't be allowed on the 99 after that.

End of Jan I think?

That's why NXWM are taking delivery of new Enviro 200's to replace the B6 on route 99

Gareth

Is there still a B6 working on the 14E at around 8.30am ish? I know I saw them a few times in about October time. Will be nice to see an Enviro200 on it.

Stu

6th January 2013.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ash

Quote from: Stu on December 18, 2012, 07:59:24 AM

6th January 2013.

Mercs seem to be creeping back on the 74 and 75 recently, 1574 was on there today. Hope WB have enough double deckers to cope with the emission ruling from the 6th Jan 2013

Rob H

Quote from: Gareth on December 18, 2012, 01:01:05 AM
Is there still a B6 working on the 14E at around 8.30am ish? I know I saw them a few times in about October time. Will be nice to see an Enviro200 on it.

634 was on the 14E today seen it while passing on 4510 on the 87 on Priory Queensway
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

settlerman

Spotted 802 out for an airing on Moor Street Queensway this morning. (NIS)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk