News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Discussion

Started by winston, September 20, 2012, 11:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

Quote from: Michael on December 19, 2012, 06:29:16 PM
Am I the only one who dislikes it. It looks like the terrible green branding! See the ALX400 behind it on the photograph.

I agree. You would think they would have learned from that experience but it appears there is a load of snot green vinyl that they can't throw away. How to wreck a new bus before it even gets on the road!

nx4737

Quote from: andy on December 20, 2012, 10:44:49 AM
Am I the only one who dislikes it. It looks like the terrible green branding! See the ALX400 behind it on the photograph.

I agree. You would think they would have learned from that experience but it appears there is a load of snot green vinyl that they can't throw away. How to wreck a new bus before it even gets on the road!

It looks nothing like the previous green, this one is bordering on blue and actually, looks far smarter than the previous green.

andy

Quote from: nx4737 on December 20, 2012, 04:56:14 PM
Quote from: andy on December 20, 2012, 10:44:49 AM

It looks nothing like the previous green, this one is bordering on blue and actually, looks far smarter than the previous green.

It might not be exactly the same but whichever way you look at it it's an awful colour that does not go with red.

don

Quote from: andy on December 20, 2012, 11:29:26 PM
It might not be exactly the same but whichever way you look at it it's an awful colour that does not go with red.

The branding is surely meant to stand out and be noticed (by passengers). Some bus branding is so subtle it looks like part of the livery and arguably is barely noticeable (eg some of Arriva's)
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

MW

Quote from: don on December 21, 2012, 12:30:21 AM
Quote from: andy on December 20, 2012, 11:29:26 PM

The branding is surely meant to stand out and be noticed (by passengers). Some bus branding is so subtle it looks like part of the livery and arguably is barely noticeable (eg some of Arriva's)

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4475-4699/4658.html

Does this branding not stand out? Of course it does, but it's still terrible. Same with the new one. A different colour would be fine, but not that vile green again. It's just lighter than the previous one.

Ash

So whats people's preferences comparing the new 99 branding to the one used on the 4/4H/4M and the 37. Which do people favour more in terms of style and presentation but also in terms of informing the passenger.

Sh4318

Quote from: Ash on December 21, 2012, 01:32:31 AM
So whats people's preferences comparing the new 99 branding to the one used on the 4/4H/4M and the 37. Which do people favour more in terms of style and presentation but also in terms of informing the passenger.

I think the 99 branding does what it's mean to do, raise awareness of the route and the new buses on it. I really like the 4 branding with the shopping bags for the 4M section, and the 37 one is good as well, they both show the high frequency that the routes have
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

andy

Quote from: Ash on December 21, 2012, 01:32:31 AM

I think the 4 and 37 branding looks far smarter than any of these garish colour vinyls, which are generally poorly applied anyway. If you have a red based livery you are limiting the amount of colours you can match it with. Why hasn't somebody at NX realised this yet?

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on December 19, 2012, 06:16:28 PM
Quote from: nx4737 on December 19, 2012, 05:56:32 PM
Quote from: Stevo on December 19, 2012, 05:22:38 PM
They'll have to get their fingers out at Central then to have them in service by 6th Jan. Keep off the mince pies and sherry, lads!

I reckon they'll do it, but I think they have left it until the last minute...

I dont know-theyve already branded one!

I don't understand why NXWM didn't just get ADL to apply the branding at Scarborough prior to delivery; it was obviously planned due to the positioning on the side fleetnames or at least get ADL to leave applying front fleetnames/fleetnames which only had to be removed at BC & could potentially damage the new paintwork

PM

The thing is with this branding, it doesnt obscure large parts of the windows unlike the 37, 4 one which does so probably for passengers it is better.

Discodave

Just seen the pic of the new midi bus and looks a lot better than the hill top crap Arriva have the longer length seems to fit in with the NXWM fleet they will look nice on the black country routes at PN and hopefully WB as long as the Russells hall Chavs don't wreck them

andy

Quote from: Peter123 on December 22, 2012, 10:59:32 AM
The thing is with this branding, it doesnt obscure large parts of the windows unlike the 37, 4 one which does so probably for passengers it is better.

I don't really think anyone notices or cares much about the window being obscured to be honest. Most of the area covered by the vinyls is adjacent to the inward facing seats anyway and it doesn't particularly affect the amount of light.

PM

Quote from: andy on December 22, 2012, 11:22:23 AM
Quote from: Peter123 on December 22, 2012, 10:59:32 AM

I don't really think anyone notices or cares much about the window being obscured to be honest. Most of the area covered by the vinyls is adjacent to the inward facing seats anyway and it doesn't particularly affect the amount of light.

Really? I guess most NXWM routes arent scenic but particularly with double deck buses people want to be able to look out the windows and the scanias are more dark than the eclipses at any rate anyway

nx4737

Quote from: Discodave on December 22, 2012, 11:18:26 AM
Just seen the pic of the new midi bus and looks a lot better than the hill top crap Arriva have the longer length seems to fit in with the NXWM fleet they will look nice on the black country routes at PN and hopefully WB as long as the Russells hall Chavs don't wreck them

Apart form the length, there is very little difference!

The only reason you've described them as 'crap' is because they're operated by Arriva.

Have you ever actually used a Hill Top E200, or are you jumping to conclusions?

Oh how I missed you're posts.

Sh4318

Quote from: Discodave on December 22, 2012, 11:18:26 AM

Aren't the Arriva E200s '12 reg?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk