News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Discussion

Started by winston, September 20, 2012, 11:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackC

Saw one of these parked up on Moor Street with hazards on earlier. Don't tell me they've already gone and broke one?

don

Anyone know if all of these buses have now arrived?

It appears that BC's batch, plus one each for WB and PE had arrived (the latter presumably to avoid holding up driver familiaristaion).
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Sh4318

Quote from: Rob H on January 04, 2013, 02:13:49 PM
Here is the link to the Video of 805

Thanks for uploading Rob. They sound great, gear changing sounds seem a bit different to that of Arrivas examples
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Andrew1991

Was hoping they would be out on the 222 monday,  looks like a ride to halesowen to have a ride now though

Andrew1991

personally i was never going to be a huge fan of these buses, but i have to say after having a ride on 803 i am impressed. The engines are smooth, there's plenty of leg room, there's no rattles or shakes. I have to agree they do seem a lot better than Arriva's E200's and i see them every day.

Gareth

Also experienced 803 today. Pleasantly surprised. No rattles or shakes apart from slightly on the cab door. Few slight squeaks. A very heavy new bus smell that anyone who remembers the smell of the area around leyland DAF in Ward End years ago will be familiar with. A nice purring sound from the engine too.

richie

Sh4318

winston

Quote from: richie on January 08, 2013, 02:32:28 PM
824 delivered to PN with branding for 222

Richie, you beat me to it, its the same branding style & possibly even colour as the branding for the 99

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Gareth on January 08, 2013, 02:15:41 PM
Also experienced 803 today. Pleasantly surprised. No rattles or shakes apart from slightly on the cab door. Few slight squeaks. A very heavy new bus smell that anyone who remembers the smell of the area around leyland DAF in Ward End years ago will be familiar with. A nice purring sound from the engine too.

Was also on 803 today, found it to be a little loud, but then I suppose we've become accustomed to the quiet new B7RLE's and Enviro 400's and as with the new B7's just feel they have been tuned to change up a gear far to quickly, on Mucklow's hill it must have gone through all the gears before eventually picking one and actually making some progress but overall like yourself fairly impressed but the difference between them and the far higher quality Enviro 400's is still evident for me

TinnedPeaches

richie

Quote from: madabouttransport on January 08, 2013, 03:42:41 PM
Quote from: richie on January 08, 2013, 02:32:28 PM
824 delivered to PN with branding for 222

Have you got a picture? :)

Sorry no looks smart same as 99 and the back looks better than the front

Sh4318

Why has it got Plaxton on the display when it's an Alexander Dennis bus :o

MW

Quote from: madabouttransport on January 08, 2013, 09:35:59 PM

They're the same company.

PM

Quote from: Michael on January 08, 2013, 09:40:58 PM
Quote from: madabouttransport on January 08, 2013, 09:35:59 PM

They're the same company.

And they build enviro 200s at Scarborough where these were made. Come to think of it-has wmt/twm/nxwm ever had any buses delivered from plaxton at scarbough before, because the only plaxtons i can think of were built at wigan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk