News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Discussion

Started by winston, September 20, 2012, 11:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

winston

Quote from: thetruth on December 23, 2012, 12:16:41 AM
Have they been taxed yet?

802 at least appears to have been taxed, having been photographed in B'ham City Centre, it doesn't appear to be displaying trade plates

Mike K

Not that my opinion means anything. But I think they look good.

Agreed. Whilst I'd prefer it if the side green stripe didn't extend from the white across the red section, overall I think this is one of the better branding efforts so far.

Tony

Quote from: Winston on December 23, 2012, 12:22:54 AM

802 at least appears to have been taxed, having been photographed in B'ham City Centre, it doesn't appear to be displaying trade plates

All the first 11 have been taxed

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: nx4737 on December 22, 2012, 07:20:20 PM
Quote from: Discodave on December 22, 2012, 11:18:26 AM
Just seen the pic of the new midi bus and looks a lot better than the hill top crap Arriva have the longer length seems to fit in with the NXWM fleet they will look nice on the black country routes at PN and hopefully WB as long as the Russells hall Chavs don't wreck them

Apart form the length, there is very little difference!

The only reason you've described them as 'crap' is because they're operated by Arriva.

Have you ever actually used a Hill Top E200, or are you jumping to conclusions?

Oh how I missed you're posts.

I have used the Hill Top E200's and they aren't great, loud, rattily, uncomfortable hard seats, and seem underpowered even for such a small bus, so agree with Discodave, really hope the NXWM are better because I have grown to really like the last B6's at PE especially on the 222 as all the ones that remain are great

Discodave

Quote from: wilmotm on December 23, 2012, 10:22:19 AM
Just seen the pic of the new midi bus and looks a lot better than the hill top crap Arriva have the longer length seems to fit in with the NXWM fleet they will look nice on the black country routes at PN and hopefully WB as long as the Russells hall Chavs don't wreck them

The only reason you've described them as 'crap' is because they're operated by Arriva.

I have used the Hill Top E200's and they aren't great, loud, rattily, uncomfortable hard seats, and seem underpowered even for such a small bus, so agree with Discodave, really hope the NXWM are better because I have grown to really like the last B6's at PE especially on the 222 as all the ones that remain are great

Typical arriva buy the cheapest spec and the most gutless engine the last darts they bought for the 825 (was a few years ago and drove them new at Stafford) were just as bad and had gutless engines too struggled on the most slightest of hills and yes have been on the E200 buses of arrivas so can say they are crap.  Hope NXWM have spec them with better seats and hopefully have a better engine option or know how to fix them unlike Arriva

Andrew1991

Sh4318

I'm on one as I speak and I can't find a fault with them, fairly quick, nice grey interior, no rattling windows, really comfortable seats, much better than urban 90. Honestly if NXWM E200s were like Arriva's I wouldn't complain
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

don

Quote from: A1991 on December 28, 2012, 12:49:47 PM
Have all of these arrived now ?

Good question - and has anyone seen one any of the WB allocation yet?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Discodave

Quote from: madabouttransport on December 28, 2012, 01:06:29 PM

I'm on one as I speak and I can't find a fault with them, fairly quick, nice grey interior, no rattling windows, really comfortable seats, much better than urban 90. Honestly if NXWM E200s were like Arriva's I wouldn't complain

Thankyou that has answered my question NXWM seem then to have specified them well will have to try them if/when they are in servce for PN or WB unless they are

bwsau cymru

Quote from: Discodave on December 23, 2012, 02:11:36 PM

Typical arriva buy the cheapest spec and the most gutless engine the last darts they bought for the 825 (was a few years ago and drove them new at Stafford) were just as bad and had gutless engines too struggled on the most slightest of hills and yes have been on the E200 buses of arrivas so can say they are crap.  Hope NXWM have spec them with better seats and hopefully have a better engine option or know how to fix them unlike Arriva

I completely disagree! cant really comment on underpower but from my prospective they don't seem it. There are kept spotless and still smell brand new and the seats they have are comfortable and have a higher back than nx normally use. and I would imagine that there are even cheaper buses they could of chosen such as the mcv evo on daf chasis or the optare solo? I would imagine that alexander dennis are more exspensive as they are better quality? they are the same as central buses enviros and arrivas seem to be kept to the same standard as centrals (which I believe is very high). !!   shocks me why moaning about nice simple enviros (yes they are very plain) when you have companies like vip, grs, travel express, Sandwell travel running far worse buses. We should be glad of the investment by any company in new buses!!
campaigning for better transport for all

Ash

I think WB would be happy for any bus with a new reg as the newest there now is nearly 7 years old.

Discodave

Well arrivas have been on the road for a little while now and are terrible and as stated are 12 plate must be an Arriva thing then if no diference as NXWMs buses of the same type as Arrivas are looked after like I said cant comment on midi buses but have been on Dennis Tridents of Arrivas elsewhere in the uk and they are terrible NXWMs are running very well crap fitters then.

nx4737

Quote from: dannygill on December 30, 2012, 02:40:15 PM
Quote from: Discodave on December 23, 2012, 02:11:36 PM

I completely disagree! cant really comment on underpower but from my prospective they don't seem it. There are kept spotless and still smell brand new and the seats they have are comfortable and have a higher back than nx normally use. and I would imagine that there are even cheaper buses they could of chosen such as the mcv evo on daf chasis or the optare solo? I would imagine that alexander dennis are more exspensive as they are better quality? they are the same as central buses enviros and arrivas seem to be kept to the same standard as centrals (which I believe is very high). !!   shocks me why moaning about nice simple enviros (yes they are very plain) when you have companies like vip, grs, travel express, Sandwell travel running far worse buses. We should be glad of the investment by any company in new buses!!

Finally someone speaking some sense, if Arriva suddenly removed all Arriva branding from the Hill Top E200's, Dave wouldn't be able to find a fault with them!

Discodave

There are a lot of crap NXWM buses too but most have been withdrawn or will be soon Arriva have no engineering standards and never will

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk