News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Theyre nice buses but for reasons that baffle me cannocks have been very unreliable particularly 3619. I dont get it as volvos are usually pretty good. But what with cannocks maintenance and reliability record being so excellent Its simply inexplicable :-0

Bob

On W107 EWU at the mo on the 2 to walsall.  Ive gotta say despite being old its a real nice bus to be on. Comfy seats and mich smoother and quieter and generally much pleasanter to listen to than a pulsar.  For a start it hasnt kicked down, struggled or laboured once

andy

Quote from: Bob on August 16, 2014, 02:46:03 PM
On W107 EWU at the mo on the 2 to walsall.  Ive gotta say despite being old its a real nice bus to be on. Comfy seats and mich smoother and quieter and generally much pleasanter to listen to than a pulsar.  For a start it hasnt kicked down, struggled or laboured once

Last week you were saying what a pile of crap it was at the lights in front of you?

Bob

Correction I said it was spewing out alot of black smoke and sounding rough. It must have been repaired. It still sounds abit rough now but even so still ten times quieter and smoother than any sb200!  That wouldn't be hard tho. Theres a video on YouTube of a sapphire sb200 that sounds awful loads of screams and kickdowns engine constantly labouring. Wouldn't be a nice experience to travel on and certainly not deserving of a premium label

The brakes seem to have been done on 3617 also.

PM

Quote from: Bob on August 16, 2014, 06:07:26 PM
Correction I said it was spewing out alot of black smoke and sounding rough. It must have been repaired. It still sounds abit rough now but even so still ten times quieter and smoother than any sb200!  That wouldn't be hard tho. Theres a video on YouTube of a sapphire sb200 that sounds awful loads of screams and kickdowns engine constantly labouring. Wouldn't be a nice experience to travel on and certainly not deserving of a premium label

I've been on them-seriously, they're really nice, comfortable buses and yes, I was also sceptical about Voith's/sb200's on an interurban route but they work and brilliantly, too!

Bob

Have you ever been on one on a 26 trying to get up bradbury lane? Jeesus theyre awful kickdown then struggle then screaming gears/engine. Compared to citaros and b7rle's im sorry but theyre tat

Trident 4609

3797 on Arriva Rail Replacement at Wolverhampton today

3763 and 3764 also on Rail Replacement in W'ton

BN

1st 3 streetlights in the yard, very nice.

covlad27

All 64 plates too by the looks of it.  Cant wait to have a go on them

tphi12000

Quote from: busman99 on August 19, 2014, 07:50:32 PM
All 64 plates too by the looks of it.  Cant wait to have a go on them
3302 & 3304 are two of them visible in the yard last night.
Tony

Tony

A photo especially to make Bob angry! From Saturday
http://wmbusphotos.com/Arriva/2209.html

Ashley

Quote from: Tony on August 21, 2014, 08:43:25 PM
A photo especially to make Bob angry! From Saturday
http://wmbusphotos.com/Arriva/2209.html

Was there a large queue for that bus or the Gemini next to it?

Bob

It doesn't make me angry tony but it does highlight the issue that they haven't got a clue....there were probably full sized buses operating dead routes like the 62 at the same time

Busman Jamie

2209 on 75 isn't rare for a sunday

covlad27

Ive noticed today that a Tamworth Sapphire Decker has appeared at Cannocks yard

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk