News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Westy on September 17, 2012, 06:35:59 PM
When Arriva accquired Chase, they had a final day of operation specials.

Any plans for the Midland operation to do the same on their final day?

It wasn't on the Chase final day Arriva did anything, it was when Arriva finally decided to withdraw the last Leyland nationals they did it, somehow I cannot see the same attraction with Darts & Solos

andy

Quote from: Tony on September 17, 2012, 06:54:30 PM

It wasn't on the Chase final day Arriva did anything, it was when Arriva finally decided to withdraw the last Leyland nationals they did it, somehow I cannot see the same attraction with Darts & Solos

I bet Bob and Discodave would be first in the queue for a Dart and Solo final running day!

Badger

I'll probably catch a Midland solo on the last day but nothing special. I like solos!
My local's the 3 and 63.
Casual bus user. Doesn't know much other than some buses look nicer than others.
Contractual web developer, self employed game designer/programmer, Wolverhampton bjorn and bread.

ARRIVA CK SI

When is the last day of operation for MIDLAND before they become ARRIVA i cant wait to see what vehicles CANNOCK will be getting from MIDLAND if we do get any that is

ARRIVA CK SI

Has anybody got any good information on what MIDLAND vehicles will be going to ARRIVA CANNOCK and ARRIVA STAFFORD if any are to transfer to these depots ?

Discodave

Quote from: andy on September 17, 2012, 07:47:24 PM
Quote from: Tony on September 17, 2012, 06:54:30 PM

I bet Bob and Discodave would be first in the queue for a Dart and Solo final running day!

Armed with a rocket launcher and high explosive (for the buses not the passengers)

Discodave

appanantly the B6 volvos from Tamworth will be there to show the Arriva presence as Tamworth are having Mercedes citaros with the other buses suppose repaint and refurb as the garage is not closing so cannot see any moving for a bit.

Discodave

Quote from: ARRIVA CK SI on September 18, 2012, 08:25:11 PM
When is the last day of operation for MIDLAND before they become ARRIVA i cant wait to see what vehicles CANNOCK will be getting from MIDLAND if we do get any that is

23rd is when the deal is finished

Badger

Damn, the 63 doesn't run on a Sunday.
My local's the 3 and 63.
Casual bus user. Doesn't know much other than some buses look nicer than others.
Contractual web developer, self employed game designer/programmer, Wolverhampton bjorn and bread.

Bob

its hardly worth celebrating considering the fleet is tat lol

ARRIVA CK SI

Have you seen the state of the paintwork on MIDLAND Optare W298 EYG ( 2298 ) lateley i saw it today in CANNOCK bus station its in appalling condition

Bob

will match with the bad state of arriva's MPD darts then lol

mranon

seen some of the re-instated vehicles such as a r701mew dart with a mix of seats! and S2CLA operating the 10

John

Quote from: ARRIVA CK SI on September 18, 2012, 08:30:42 PM
Has anybody got any good information on what MIDLAND vehicles will be going to ARRIVA CANNOCK and ARRIVA STAFFORD if any are to transfer to these depots ?

I would not think that much of the Midland fleet would move elsewhere in Arriva. You never know though! We will have to wait for the next few months of Arriva fleet changes to see for sure.

I would think that some of the Marshall Dart's and the Excels, and maybe some of the older Plaxton Dart's will not last much longer with the slightly newer B6's from Tamworth and the ex-London Dart's coming to Wednesfield soon.

ARRIVA CK SI

Well last day for MIDLAND is 23RD SEPT i believe so if buses do come to CANNOCK / STAFFORD i imagine they would be in CK workshops for while getting sprayed into ARRIVA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk