News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sconehead85

Fleetline 6477 - You are correct , the fleet news section noted that D&G h ave got 6040-2 and 7600/1.  So except 2 Dennis Tridents and an Optare Excel (doubtful) Arriva will get more Darts and Optare Solos from Midland.

Ive noticed the other "Midland" bus company only has three light blue liveried early step Darts which if acquired by Arriva would be heading for Barnsley (or preservation).

sconehead85

Discodave

Quote from: woody38 on September 09, 2012, 06:32:33 PM
Nice buses was on one on Friday, big inside as well they seat about 85 people, Midland have had the seats redone in a nice red, some bloke stopped the bus in Perton he wanted to take pictures of as may Midland buses as he could before everything becomes boring arriva. I bet the double deckers will end up somewhere else & boring darts in boring arriva livery will become the norm.

End of an era for Midland that has served the Wolverhampton area well, I wil give it 6 weeks max before arriva start reducing the frequences & then when people start using other means of transport use it as an excuse to withdraw the service altogether

and sacking the drivers my mate left and went to midland as he saw more and more of his mates sacked or forced out via dubious means and now him plus some other ex chase drivers are hacked off as they are now took over again and will have to go through the s**t again

Shanestreet

Why dont they tranfer the midland drivers to different bus company ??

Discodave

TUPE rules not 100% sure how they work but apparantly you cant just take over a company and sack everyone does anybody know anymore?

Shanestreet

I think wen they take over midland they should keep the drivers who want to stay

Discodave

They will all stay as what jobs are they about not many?  NXWM have vacancies but not in the black country and with Arriva buying up all the smaller companies and possibly try for black/blue diamond you will not be able to get away from them

Shanestreet

Do you no what buses they are keeping from the midland fleet ??

Discodave

Well the good buses have gone to d&g scanias and VDL buses not sure of the rest Tony (Boss of site, super moderator timelord) would be the best one to ask

Shanestreet

I like the deckers that midland have hope cannock have them think they would do on some of cannock busy rotes

arrivaaston

i think over the next few weeks you will see on fleet changes that the midland deckers have transfered to thurmaston or wigston or maybe even placed in reserve, i cant see cannock keeping them on to be honest

John

Quote from: arrivaaston on September 10, 2012, 01:19:42 PM
i think over the next few weeks you will see on fleet changes that the midland deckers have transfered to thurmaston or wigston or maybe even placed in reserve, i cant see cannock keeping them on to be honest

The Trident's are more than likely to stay at Wednesfield, rather than to transfer to Cannock. No Other Arriva Midlands garage have Trident's so no garage will be familiar with the type. Unless they are transferred to another part of the Country to an Arriva group with Trident's, then I would think they will stay at Wednesfield with the Drivers that are familiar with them.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: John-s-91 on September 10, 2012, 05:19:25 PM
No Other Arriva Midlands garage have Trident's so no garage will be familiar with the type. Unless they are transferred to another part of the Country to an Arriva group with Trident's, then I would think they will stay at Wednesfield with the Drivers that are familiar with them.

There's Tridents at Adderley Green.....

arrivaaston

Midlands deckers wernt tridents were they? i thought they were presidents?

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: arrivaaston on September 10, 2012, 05:57:37 PM
Midlands deckers wernt tridents were they? i thought they were presidents?

They are East Lancs bodied Tridents....

>EDIT< Although to be fair, both the EL & Plaxton President bodies have both been greedy with their fair share of the ugly brush!  ;D

arrivaaston

i dont follow the sympathy or buy a drink remark :s what has that gotta do with 2 bloody double deckers lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk