News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discodave

Quote from: BU07 LGO on August 15, 2012, 05:44:11 PM
They could get better buses for Midland as they want to attract new customers but in areas they already dominate there is no need to
Spend money on buses for the west mids should this post be in windys havin a laugh they promised new buses when they got chase but kept the crap darts running (except the nationals which showed up how crap the darts were loved driving them the short time they were at cannock)

j_rp_wright

I personally think. Uses should be run like in London where as companies have to bid for routes, and all work together as a network. Passengers would benefit instead of bus companies.

Bob

There was a red Midland MPD Dart on Cannock to Walsall via Beownhills service 33 Today!!!!

Ash

I wonder what will happen to midlands 9 service, it was dropped by arriva when they took over chase and their services, since then midland picked it up and upgraded it with mcv's. The mcv's are not going to arriva (as stated by another user) so the 9 is again being affected by arriva who could withdraw the service for a second time.

notepanel

It has been registered by Arriva. The change seems to be occuring from the 23rd September according to VOSA.

Last time they did operate it for at least a year before dropping it, and this time there is no NXWM 333 (although arguably there is now more competition in the Sandwell Travel 333X) and they have a more regional base this time.

Bob

i hope midlands shit buses on Cannock garage routes AINT the shape of things to come!

Bob

Do Midland actually operate the 33 then? i thought it was just a bus on loan to delta way!

Ck

Yes midland operate an every 30 minute service between brownhills and Walsall

j_rp_wright

I'm guessing if Arriva and Midland both operate the same route, the Midland service will be eventually dropped if their current service can cope with demand. If there is no longer compatibility on the route they can probably do away with the extra buses on route.

j_rp_wright

Suppose to say  competition not compatability lol

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 15, 2012, 06:26:51 PM
Arriva could buy more Enviro 200's to replace some the darts and solos

Well if there going to be as terrible as 2141, MX12 CEV that I was on, on the tendered 257 last night they really shouldn't bother, for a brand new bus it really was appalling, never known any suspension to do less work, the seats were one piece constuction thin plastic jobs which made you recline at a funny angle rather than sit upright and offered almost no padding whatsoever, the poles rattled on idle, the light fittings were loose, the engine was horrendously loud and the windows shook more in their fixings than some of PE's R reg Mercs, I really wasn't impressed, compared to the E400 the Arriva E200 seem like toy buses.

On this note I really do hope that PE for the 222 and BC for the 99 do seriously consider the Wright Streetlight as although I haven't travelled on one it really can't be much worse than the cheap, hopeless E200's, which really really on the basis of MX12 CEV won't serve the Black Country for 16 years like the Volvo B6's! They also have 9 less seats than the B6 which would only make overcrowding on the always busy 222 even worse

winston

Quote from: wilmotm on August 17, 2012, 09:20:31 AM

Well if there going to be as terrible as 2141, MX12 CEV that I was on, on the tendered 257 last night they really shouldn't bother, for a brand new bus it really was appalling, never known any suspension to do less work, the seats were one piece constuction thin plastic jobs which made you recline at a funny angle rather than sit upright and offered almost no padding whatsoever, the poles rattled on idle, the light fittings were loose, the engine was horrendously loud and the windows shook more in their fixings than some of PE's R reg Mercs, I really wasn't impressed, compared to the E400 the Arriva E200 seem like toy buses.

On this note I really do hope that PE for the 222 and BC for the 99 do seriously consider the Wright Streetlight as although I haven't travelled on one it really can't be much worse than the cheap, hopeless E200's, which really really on the basis of MX12 CEV won't serve the Black Country for 16 years like the Volvo B6's! They also have 9 less seats than the B6 which would only make overcrowding on the always busy 222 even worse

Wilmotm,

The Arriva Enviro 200's are only 8.9m examples, they are available in larger lengths/seating capacities, I think the former interurban livery suits them well, but the plastic seats lets them down.

I'm with you on the NX midi's, I like to see NX take a batch of door forward Streetlites, surely they should have placed an order by now if they are expected in Dec with the current manufacturers lead times

Discodave

Quote from: j_rp_wright on August 16, 2012, 04:06:04 PM
I personally think. Uses should be run like in London where as companies have to bid for routes, and all work together as a network. Passengers would benefit instead of bus companies.
I agree but watch your karma score as most will start putting in the negatives as most think NXWM are god the London idea is good there but has too many issues in other places look at the trouble other ITA's are having when they try Centro are working with the bus companies hense the reviews they seem to be in NXWM favour but they run the most buses by the way it was a plus from me

Discodave

Quote from: Winston on August 17, 2012, 09:37:07 AM

Wilmotm,

The Arriva Enviro 200's are only 8.9m examples, they are available in larger lengths/seating capacities, I think the former interurban livery suits them well, but the plastic seats lets them down.

I'm with you on the NX midi's, I like to see NX take a batch of door forward Streetlites, surely they should have placed an order by now if they are expected in Dec with the current manufacturers lead times

Arriva never buy decent new buses in the Midlands only for head office leicester area Arriva must stand for cheap and nasty and use recycled crap

winston

Quote from: Discodave on August 17, 2012, 11:51:08 AM
Quote from: Winston on August 17, 2012, 09:37:07 AM

Wilmotm,

Arriva never buy decent new buses in the Midlands only for head office leicester area Arriva must stand for cheap and nasty and use recycled crap

Discodave,

I think your forgetting the 20 x Citaro's that are due for Tamworth once released from Olympic duties

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk