News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tphi12000

Arriva Shires 3002 V392KVY & 3003 V393KVY  were still in service earlier this year at Hemel Hempstead  . Tony
Tony

sconehead85

I stand corrected then, but they might not last long.

sconehead85

fleetline6477

I have had it on good authority from a midland driver that the first withdrawals from Midland will be this week

MCV Evolutions 7600 / 7601 branded for route 9

Scanias 6040 / 42.

These vehicles were not part of the deal made with Arriva and are going to D&G at Crewe this week.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: nx4737 on August 19, 2012, 09:38:55 PM
Quote from: Tony on August 19, 2012, 07:25:21 PM
Quote from: bob on August 19, 2012, 07:22:32 PM
I reckon P942 EMS, the Marshall bodied darts, the excel, and possibly the oldest S reg Solos will probably be the first casualties, Arriva will apparently shortly be with drawing their early P & R reg darts once the step entry buses have gone and the Marshalls are a similar age

P942EMS is just about to get reinstated, so will get a new MoT, I reckon that one will last 12 months. My betting is on the excel and ex A2Z Marshall darts

Makes sense really, can't imagine Arriva keeping the Excel, it's a bit non-standard for them... in face, do any Arriva garages have Excels?

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=arriva%20excel

They look good still i think, if they had a tidy up they dont look as old as they are

Bob

One of the vdls was driving through stafford monday headin toward stoke

Discodave

Quote from: Discodave on August 19, 2012, 07:25:47 PM
I work next door to midland there redundat buses have already gone only the exel with no engine is there S2CLA

I correct myself S2CLA is in the garage having work on it will it be reinstated or sold off ? only bus left on yard is 2248 a MPD still taxed till oct 12 but not moved for ages no seat swabs on seats though knowing arriva they will keep that though they are good at recycling rubbish buses.

arrivaaston

cannock will proberbly have all the crap marshall darts and solos and the y/hke could go stafford to replace r/tjw's p/fea darts

Discodave

yep fits in with the scrap just right

cheshire exile

6041 was in Nantwich today on the 85 direct service to Hanley. Good to have some 'different' vehicles at D & G Crewe.

Discodave

6042 should be joining it they should have had both they were not part of the arriva sale heard the vdl sb190 buses were going up that way too not sure if it is to d&g

arrivaaston

typical, some of the only decent buses midland have are going to d&g and yes i think the y/hke buses should go to stafford, even if stafford had the v/kda volvos from tamworth, the y reg darts would be the newest and i think the v/kda buses would be wasted at stafford, its not that often they fill a dart at stafford is it

Discodave

no the routes stafford only go to the estates 2 to 3 miles max except for the ecceleshall on the evening and the hixon routes if they still do them

Tony

Quote from: Discodave on September 08, 2012, 06:26:11 PM
6042 should be joining it they should have had both they were not part of the arriva sale heard the vdl sb190 buses were going up that way too not sure if it is to d&g

All 3 scanias and 2 VDLs have been at D&G for a couple of weeks now.
I am having trouble updating my website at the moment, hopefully normal service will resume as soon as possible

Discodave

thanks tony do you have any info on S2CLA I have seen it on the ramps now for a while is it being put back into service or sold/moved on

arrivaaston

stafford have 3 or 4 yogs and ex derby w/snr darts and what ever route theyre on, there never full, surely the w/snr darts would be better at cannock and swap them for the 51 plate darts

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk