News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: NEL111P on September 10, 2012, 05:52:21 PM
There's Tridents at Adderley Green.....

Yeah, course there is! Only 4 though. I still think they might stop at Wednesfield..

arrivaaston

adderley green the wardle depot? they have the t/kpu tridents and a couple of those are x50 branded arent they? and now the former 'midland' deckers are at adderley green?

Discodave

and a x50 branded gemini one on the pictures site

arrivaaston

i think the branded gemmini is ex arriva leicester 4777

arrivaaston

any body know if Midlands buses will have new fleet numbers and what they'll be??

arrivaaston

some of Midlands Darts though have the same fleet as what arriva have, particuarly some of the Y/HKE darts

arrivaaston

can they do that though because the ex chase darts have been reinstated somewhere havent they so the fleet numbers will still be in use, and surely the 2 Y/KNB darts will have a different fleet number than the 1's they have now

sconehead85

I'll have a guess at this based on the assumption that the quantities of vehicles taken over are correct.

31 Dennis Darts -  2411-2441 ?
17 Optare Solos-   2550-2566 ?
2 Dennis Tridents - 4892/3 ?

Most if not all of these numbers are likely to be allocated.  The Solos are catching up with the 26xx Volvo B6BLEs.

I have on my disks/USBs a plan for a 5-digit national scheme for Arriva if anyone is interested.

sconehead85

arrivaaston

proberbly have all the rubbish such as 2153 (Ex thamesdown), 4392 P942 ems, 4301 &4302 Y301/2 KNB and a majority of the MPD's, still think the Y/HKE darts would be better at Stafford to replace ageing darts such as 2307, 2311, 2316 etc

Bob

if 20 B6BLEs are going to be put on midland routes will that mean there'll be 20 buses from the Midland fleet that Arriva wont use?

arrivaaston

more tahn likely send the decent b6's there and transfer 20 nails to different garrages such as Cannock, Stafford And Burton

John

Arriva Solo's are also numbered 6000-6010 as well as the ex Wardles ones 25**. So they might be numbered 6011 onwards.

Discodave

The 6000 series are solos not owned by arriva but by shropshire or any other authority which supplies buses for operators to use on there tendered services they still have to maintain them though

sconehead85

This is the story of 20 Volvo B6BLE/Wrights new to Arriva Merseyside in the autumn of 2000 numbered 2801-22 with gaps (X801-22 AJA).  These were despatched to Arriva Scotland West towards the end of 2011, but then McGills took over and didnt want them, so they went to Arriva North East, where they have been in store, bearing numbers in the 45xxx series, which set off a false alarm about Arriva possibly introducing a national numbering scheme.

Its possible Arriva Midlands could receive these vehicles, even though they have only a couple of years left. These could see off most of the ex Midland Darts if these Volvos materalise.

sconehead85

Westy

When Arriva accquired Chase, they had a final day of operation specials.

Any plans for the Midland operation to do the same on their final day?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk