News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivaaston

dont stafford have 2350 S350 YOG because its not being in cannock for some time now and as for the s/khn darts theres 1 or 2 sitting in the yard at cannock, not sure if there withdrawn or entering serviceat sd or ck

arrivaaston

how on earth did 2366 get flooded? typical arriva cant even loof after s reg darts!! and 23540 scrapped? this was the better 1 out of the 2 at cannock wasnt it, do burton have any s/yogs, ive seen a couple of darts and there longer than the mpd's

John

Quote from: arrivaaston on September 08, 2012, 08:05:43 PM
how on earth did 2366 get flooded? typical arriva cant even loof after s reg darts!! and 23540 scrapped? this was the better 1 out of the 2 at cannock wasnt it, do burton have any s/yogs, ive seen a couple of darts and there longer than the mpd's

It was in the floods in July. I believe this is it. (The top picture)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-18737376

Tony

And here it is in Cannock garage th day after
http://wmbusphotos.com/Arriva/2366a.html

Note the weeds around the windscreen wiper. The interior even had mud & weeds up to the windows

Tony

Quote from: SI 2012 on September 08, 2012, 08:50:38 PM
Thanks for the link TONY, its a bit of a shame for STAFFORD they only had this vehicle for a month or so before this happened i am amazed how it got flooded upto to window level

The river burst its banks while this bus was at the side of it, It it took about a minute for the bus to fill up with water. The driver did not drive through a flood

arrivaaston

i take it that this bus wont be refurbed then, it will just get scrapped and why is there som many of these s/khn darts transfering in and what are they replacing?

arrivaaston

whats going to happen to the 2 deckers that midland have when arriva take over, surely these wont be going to d&g??

Shanestreet

arrivaaston

pretty simple...... Arriva are taking over midland and will all eventualy become arriva

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

arrivaaston

agreed, but does anybody know whats going to happen to the 2 deckers that midland have when arriva take over or is this like the million dollar question?

Stu

The buses will be incorporated into the Arriva fleet, and most likely be repainted or have Arriva logos attached.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

arrivaaston

u sure it was a midland bus and not an ex d&g that went to wardle during that take over?

woody38

Nice buses was on one on Friday, big inside as well they seat about 85 people, Midland have had the seats redone in a nice red, some bloke stopped the bus in Perton he wanted to take pictures of as may Midland buses as he could before everything becomes boring arriva. I bet the double deckers will end up somewhere else & boring darts in boring arriva livery will become the norm.

End of an era for Midland that has served the Wolverhampton area well, I wil give it 6 weeks max before arriva start reducing the frequences & then when people start using other means of transport use it as an excuse to withdraw the service altogether

Bob

Yep itll be Chase all over again.... Maybe these might be the deckers theyre on about Cannock having...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk