News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Blackheath Bus Services

Started by Pat, November 30, 2019, 06:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

We give a toss about people with attitude / being argumentative, it causes problems for me, Tony & Stu, there's no need for it on here, personal lives outside of the forum don't come in to it either. Lively debates are fine, differences of opinion's are fine as long as it's kept friendly. There's rules in place on the forum to keep the harmony, those that don't abide by them have generally found themselves having a break on the side lines or headed for the exit.

Everyone shares a mutual hobby for pleasure, additionally, there's many others on here that work within the industry for different bodies, operators etc in various capacities including senior positions.

Stu

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 04, 2019, 12:17:30 AM
I have resigned after being an advisor to the Gov on transport affairs after 8 years, it has allowed me to finally post what I know for the first time on Winstons website I was hoping  be able to post on TfWM affairs but if the majority do not want an insider's view of what happens at TfWM that's fine your loss not mine.

I for one would love to hear some TfWM insiders opinions and perspectives. If you do indeed have some revelations to share, please do so, but please start a new topic in the relevant section of this forum.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

richardjones210368

If you have any questions on the political parties plans for public transport after the election all the candidates standing in the Halesowen & Rowley Regis ward will be attending a hustings at Holy Trinity Church Old Hill on Monday at 7pm. No tickets are required and the event is organised by the vicar not the political parties.

richardjones210368

Thank you Winston that is most kind, I am happy to try to answer any question on Blackheath buses since 1968 for a start I wonder if anyone remembers The Birmingham Coach Company 217.................................................

Bus Man K2

Present Blackheath services include the following services
3/3A
4/H/M
13A
14/14A,
X8

Halesowen services include the following
4H
X10

winston

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on November 30, 2019, 06:32:01 PM
I've thought about withdrawing the 4 and upping the frequency of the 4H/M.  The 4 has always seemed a pretty pointless route to me.

I am currently sat at the dining room table at my Mom & Dad's house in Dunstall Road, Hasbury with 7 x 4H's per hour in total passing by (inc Diamond & NXWM 4H's), all carrying very few passangers & more fresh air, some journey's aren't far off following each other.

It certainly doesn't need a frequency increase!

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Winston on December 04, 2019, 11:34:13 AM
I am currently sat at the dining room table at my Mom & Dad's house in Dunstall Road, Hasbury with 7 x 4H's per hour in total passing by (inc Diamond & NXWM 4H's), all carrying very few passangers & more fresh air, some journey's aren't far off following each other.

It certainly doesn't need a frequency increase!

If there's 7 journeys on the 4H currently following eachother (on different operators)  then someone needs to tell their route managers for that route, whether that be one of us or a Driver.  As I know it's know nice to see two services running together even if it's two different operators.

winston

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 04, 2019, 11:41:31 AM
If there's 7 journeys on the 4H currently following eachother (on different operators)  then someone needs to tell their route managers for that route, whether that be one of us or a Driver.  As I know it's know nice to see two services running together even if it's two different operators.

That's not what I said, I said 'some', there's an NXWM & Diamond journey every hour that are not spaced far apart because of the difference in frequencies between the two operators. Those journey's can end up following each other.

Update:

A Diamond 4H has just gone past with a handful of passangers on, with an NXWM 4H approx 2-3 mins begind that with another NXWM 4H less than 30 seconds behind that.

richardjones210368

The Gorsty Hill section of the 4H is very busy on a late afternoon with halesowen college students and workers coming off Coombes Wood Business Park it is surprising aside from the students how many use the Diamond Value tickets. There is a hardcore of NXWM users who let the Diamond fly by mind you many Diamonds simply fly past the stops to be fair as there not very good a stopping at the stops to pick up and set down passengers NXWM drivers seem to understand the idea of picking up and setting down passengers a lot more it's just the NXWM 4H is very unreliable a lot of the time with large gaps.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Winston on December 04, 2019, 11:50:05 AM
That's not what I said, I said 'some', there's an NXWM & Diamond journey every hour that are not spaced far apart because of the difference in frequencies between the two operators. Those journey's can end up following each other.

Update:

A Diamond 4H has just gone past with a handful of passangers on, with an NXWM 4H approx 2-3 mins begind that with another NXWM 4H less than 30 seconds behind that.

Now you know how useless NX are on daytime frequency on the 4H. Most of the time the NXWM aren't scheduled to be with the diamond, but more often than not they appear together. Diamond usually first one up the hill out of Halesowen due to the fact it doesn't need to go round the stupid Halesowen island to go back up the hill

richardjones210368

Have to agree totally with that mind you it is always a bonus when a Diamond actually makes it up Gorsty Hill !

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 04, 2019, 01:02:18 PM
Now you know how useless NX are on daytime frequency on the 4H. Most of the time the NXWM aren't scheduled to be with the diamond, but more often than not they appear together. Diamond usually first one up the hill out of Halesowen due to the fact it doesn't need to go round the stupid Halesowen island to go back up the hill

I don't base my opinion's on just 2 hours of seeing the coming & going's on just one day alone.

That said, Diamond seemed to carry more than NXWM by Dunstall Road average approx 6-8 passengers, NXWM typically 4 or under. However, by Dunstall Road, most passangers from Halesowen will have disembarked & it then shifts to picking up again for Halesowen & beyond.... 

richardjones210368

Another factor is Halesowen Bus Station as they do not pick up together most people unless they are NXWM ticket holders always seem to wait at the Diamond departure gates as their service is more frequent additionally oddly you see a lot of the time the outbound to Walsall NXWM 4H if there is no one to set down just skip the bus station and head off past the police station personally I only ever use the Diamond one its always more fun and the drivers do not have the very bad attitude problem the Walsall NXWM drivers seem to have if due to personal devilment I need to visit Merry Hell I always get the 3, 14A or 24 as the Pensnett drivers are a lot friendlier and chipper I never the get the 4M the Walsall drivers are such a sour faced lot. The Diamond drivers are much more friendlier especially if your learn a few phrases of the drivers native language.

winston

A Diamond 4H (30816 I think in two tone blue) has just been followed up by an NXWM 4H approx 20 sec apart - Daft !

richardjones210368

Quote from: Winston on December 04, 2019, 01:59:30 PM
A Diamond 4H (30816 I think in two tone blue) has just been followed up by an NXWM 4H approx 20 sec apart - Daft !
Yes the service really should on Bus Alliance Partnership like 42/3 31/2  as the current situation benefits no one if and it's a big if Andy Street gets reelected sadly i think the power of prayer may not be enough I understand he wants a move to more of them being set up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk