News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Dudley Consultation

Started by Dom, July 22, 2019, 12:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 20, 2019, 12:36:51 PM
Very confused by those changes not going to lie.

The 17, 17A, 17E & 57 changes will cause the most confusion & take some time to get used too.

I thought the whole idea of using single / double digit route numbers locally, was to keep things simple! We now seem to be gaining more & more variants using letter prefixes putting route numbers back to up to 3 digits....

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on December 20, 2019, 01:09:04 PM
The 17, 17A, 17E & 57 changes will cause the most confusion & take some time to get used too.

I thought the whole idea of using single / double digit route numbers locally, was to keep things simple! We now seem to be gaining more & more variants using letter prefixes putting route numbers back to up to 3 digits....

Sorry to say who ever thought of changing the 17A to become the 57 so that another part of the route can become a 17A needs there head examining.

As you said @Winston. the whole point of these local bus networks with easy to remember numbers was to make life simple for people, so why couldn't the 17A be renumbered 21 and the 17E the 22 and instead of making a 57, it could have been the 23.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 20, 2019, 03:27:12 PM
Sorry to say who ever thought of changing the 17A to become the 57 so that another part of the route can become a 17A needs there head examining.

As you said @Winston. the whole point of these local bus networks with easy to remember numbers was to make life simple for people, so why couldn't the 17A be renumbered 21 and the 17E the 22 and instead of making a 57, it could have been the 23.

Or keep the 17A as per the current route and have the direct via stream road as either 17B, or extend the old 657 to Wombourne via the 16 route and number that 16A.

With the latter, i realise it'd require an extra bus, but if it's routed correctly, it could possibly be fitted to interwork with the 10 or 28 at Stourbridge. Maybe route it to terminate at where they planned to terminate the 4?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Jack

I'm trying to understand why both the 11/11A both need to go to Merry Hill... imo the quickest service out of the pair should only go to Merry Hill, to save them both being hurled up in traffic, which they currently are suffering. I'd just send the 11A as that's the quickest service out of the pair from Walsall to Dudley... and leave the 11 at Dudley. At least it means that Wednesbury and Tipton will have a service to Merry Hill for the first time in like forever! I wonder if this change would even try and  encourage more people from Walsall to go to Merry Hill, as the current 4M takes like a decade, and the 11/11A will probably take under the time the 4M takes.

Roy

Quote from: Jack on December 20, 2019, 08:29:52 PM
I'm trying to understand why both the 11/11A both need to go to Merry Hill... imo the quickest service out of the pair should only go to Merry Hill, to save them both being hurled up in traffic, which they currently are suffering. I'd just send the 11A as that's the quickest service out of the pair from Walsall to Dudley... and leave the 11 at Dudley. At least it means that Wednesbury and Tipton will have a service to Merry Hill for the first time in like forever! I wonder if this change would even try and  encourage more people from Walsall to go to Merry Hill, as the current 4M takes like a decade, and the 11/11A will probably take under the time the 4M takes.
Because the extension to Merry Hill is half-hourly and the 11/11A run alternately every 10 minutes.

Jack6101

Quote from: Jack on December 20, 2019, 08:29:52 PM
Didn't there use to be an x1 service that use to go merry to wolvo via Tipton ? Plus does anyone know what way the x1 went between Dudley and merry hill ? Same as the 8
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Jack

Quote from: Roy on December 20, 2019, 08:37:23 PM
Because the extension to Merry Hill is half-hourly and the 11/11A run alternately every 10 minutes.
Intrigued to see if it does work... I still think people will change at Dudley and jump onto the 8...

the trainbasher

Quote from: Jack on December 20, 2019, 08:42:18 PM
Intrigued to see if it does work... I still think people will change at Dudley and jump onto the 8...

The 11/A is planned 27 mins, the 8 usually takes 18-20 mins

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Roy

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 20, 2019, 08:45:30 PM
The 11/A is planned 27 mins, the 8 usually takes 18-20 mins
Yes, but if you just miss a connection at Dudley Bus Station, you have a wait of up to 20 minutes for the next number 8.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Jack6101 on December 20, 2019, 08:41:15 PM
Didn't there use to be an x1 service that use to go merry to wolvo via Tipton ? Plus does anyone know what way the x1 went between Dudley and merry hill ? Same as the 8

Yes there used to be the X1 from Wolverhampton to Merry Hill, sadly it was a failure mainly I think because of the time it took between Wolveerhampton & Dudley (38 minutes). It took 17 minutes between Dudley and Merry Hill so presume it took the same route as the 8 (X96 at the time) but to be honest I can't remember.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

PB2938

Around 2009 I'm sure there was a diamond 300 running

Walsall - Wednesbury - Dudley - Merry Hill running via 313 route todays 11A.

Im sure there was a 310 Wednesbury - Merry Hill ran by arriva around 2012.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Jack

Quote from: PB2938 on December 20, 2019, 09:34:55 PM
Around 2009 I'm sure there was a diamond 300 running

Walsall - Wednesbury - Dudley - Merry Hill running via 313 route todays 11A.

Im sure there was a 310 Wednesbury - Merry Hill ran by arriva around 2012.
I can sort of recall seeing the 300 operated by Diamond's Dart's and on the bus stop flags along Myvod Road. This has to got to be around 2008/9. As Myvod Road had four bus services back then: 311A, 313, 399 and the 300 (I think).

The 310 ran until 2014(?) if I remember correctly and went all the way from Willenhall.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on December 20, 2019, 09:37:01 PM
I can sort of recall seeing the 300 operated by Diamond's Dart's and on the bus stop flags along Myvod Road. This has to got to be around 2008/9. As Myvod Road had four bus services back then: 311A, 313, 399 and the 300 (I think).

The 310 ran until 2014(?) if I remember correctly and went all the way from Willenhall.
Yes @Jack  your not far off there, the Diamond livery and name actually came about because of the Diamond 310 livery used by the BCC on the 310 mind you I am a last warning of the moderators & were heading off topic on the West Dudley Forum.......

Jack6101

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 20, 2019, 09:27:52 PM
Yes there used to be the X1 from Wolverhampton to Merry Hill, sadly it was a failure mainly I think because of the time it took between Wolveerhampton & Dudley (38 minutes). It took 17 minutes between Dudley and Merry Hill so presume it took the same route as the 8 (X96 at the time) but to be honest I can't remember.
Cheers for the info and I do belive that they did but wasn't too sure
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Westy

There was also a 911 Walsall - Dudley - Merry Hill one Christmas, running via Darlaston & the BCR.

Guess it used the Pedmore Road as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk