News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Dudley Consultation

Started by Dom, July 22, 2019, 12:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 20, 2019, 09:27:52 PM
Yes there used to be the X1 from Wolverhampton to Merry Hill, sadly it was a failure mainly I think because of the time it took between Wolveerhampton & Dudley (38 minutes). It took 17 minutes between Dudley and Merry Hill so presume it took the same route as the 8 (X96 at the time) but to be honest I can't remember.

And the X99 they did aswell.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Dom on December 21, 2019, 01:05:54 PM
And the X99 they did aswell.

Both used to have Excels on as usual allocation didn't they.

Didn't the X99 run via High Oak?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4609

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 21, 2019, 01:14:49 PM
Both used to have Excels on as usual allocation didn't they.

Didn't the X99 run via High Oak?

The X1 was Mercedes Benz O405N's during the week, B7RLE's on Sundays (and often Saturdays too).

BK63 YWP

With the 17/A/E/57 coming to Pensnett and the 8 going to WN is 15 going to be B7 operated from 26/1/20 with the few extras being available from the curtailed 4. Would be nice to see branding for the new 8/15/16/17
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4609

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on December 21, 2019, 06:38:55 PM
With the 17/A/E/57 coming to Pensnett and the 8 going to WN is 15 going to be B7 operated from 26/1/20 with the few extras being available from the curtailed 4. Would be nice to see branding for the new 8/15/16/17

Considering the Merry Hill to Wall Heath section will now have a bus every 20 minutes, instead of the current 15 which is every 15 and it currently gets busy, i'd imagine they'll stick with E400's. It'll also compensate for Spring Hill to Wolverhampton dropping to 3 bph as opposed to the current 4.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Nathan on December 21, 2019, 07:10:52 PM
Considering the Merry Hill to Wall Heath section will now have a bus every 20 minutes, instead of the current 15 which is every 15 and it currently gets busy, i'd imagine they'll stick with E400's. It'll also compensate for Spring Hill to Wolverhampton dropping to 3 bph as opposed to the current 4.
@Nathan trust me NXWM have form cutting frequencys from 15mins to 20mins and then they use the best spin doctors to pass it off as an improvment with better buses this retrograde takes the15 back to its WMT  260 days and its step entrance Volvos and they keep getting away with it bring on the QEPs from TfWM and the sooner the better.

the trainbasher

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 21, 2019, 07:31:15 PM
@Nathan trust me NXWM have form cutting frequencys from 15mins to 20mins and then they use the best spin doctors to pass it off as an improvment with better buses this retrograde takes the15 back to its WMT  260 days and its step entrance Volvos and they keep getting away with it bring on the QEPs from TfWM and the sooner the better.

These frequency cuts wouldn't happen if the routes were franchised. bring on Pete Lowe for Mayor of Greater Birmingham

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

richardjones210368

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 21, 2019, 07:39:40 PM
These frequency cuts wouldn't happen if the routes were franchised. bring on Pete Lowe for Mayor of Greater Birmingham
Righto I am NOT getting into any form of debate for the Mayor of The West Midlands Combined Authority in any form as this is not a political forum my comments here on are based on policy agreed  currently by and proposed by the WMCA by the present incumbent and this is off topic.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 21, 2019, 07:39:40 PM

Absolute rubbish. Have you seen how many services are getting frequency reductions in London?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Tony on December 21, 2019, 08:20:04 PM
Absolute rubbish. Have you seen how many services are getting frequency reductions in London?

Cuts due to traffic congestion affecting services in central London, meaning that more buses bunching. Fairly reasonable.
On the contrary there have been a number of service increases within the outer part of the Transport for London area. Plus the Hopper Fare has proven popular!

Where's the excuse of relegating a 12 or 15 minute frequency on a route to every 20. It's just cost cutting by a deregulated bus company trying to increase profits.

richardjones210368

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 21, 2019, 08:23:31 PM
Cuts due to traffic congestion affecting services in central London, meaning that more buses bunching. Fairly reasonable.
On the contrary there have been a number of service increases within the outer part of the Transport for London area. Plus the Hopper Fare has proven popular!

Where's the excuse of relegating a 12 or 15 minute frequency on a route to every 20. It's just cost cutting by a deregulated bus company trying to increase profits.
Have a look at the consultation.documents on the TfL website and the implication documents for the huge cuts in provision in.TfL Zone 1 & 2 yes there have been some minor improvments in Terry & June land but I seriously would not hold up TfL and its vast amount of unsustainable subsidy as an alternative to TfWM and its current and proposed arrangements  with NXWM & Rotala and just look at the average cost of a bus journey within the West Midlands County compered with the rest of England.Remember WMPTE did the 1 hour hopper fare 35 years ago and it failed here and we are off topic from West Dudley.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony on December 21, 2019, 08:20:04 PM
Dont think to be fair @Tony that argument holds up at all when you look at the 140/241 fitted timetable that we had from 1984 to 2018 untill well I dont have to say it do I?

MW

I don't understand the issue with cutting frequencies. If a route is not making enough money, that it needs a frequency decrease, where's the issue? Supply and demand. Simple as that. NX is a business and not a charity. If TfWM think that it should be 12/15 minutes, they can subsidise the the extra bus or two in order to maintain a 12/15 min frequency.

the trainbasher

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 21, 2019, 08:34:14 PM
Have a look at the consultation.documents on the TfL website and the implication documents for the huge cuts in provision in.TfL Zone 1 & 2 yes there have been some minor improvments in Terry & June land but I seriously would not hold up TfL and its vast amount of unsustainable subsidy as an alternative to TfWM and its current and proposed arrangements  with NXWM & Rotala and just look at the average cost of a bus journey within the West Midlands County compered with the rest of England.Remember WMPTE did the 1 hour hopper fare 35 years ago and it failed here and we are off topic from West Dudley.

If you notice, the latter point did refer to West Dudley.. especially in that compared to outer Greater London, franchised routes are being increased in frequency with inner routes getting reduced to allow for a near zero financial effect, yet in the outer parts of deregulated Greater Birmingham, such as West Dudley, routes are being reduced in frequency to make more profit for operators, whereas city centre routes are staying or even getting new buses (such as the 6, Suttons)

Quote from: MW on December 21, 2019, 08:45:20 PM
I don't understand the issue with cutting frequencies. If a route is not making enough money, that it needs a frequency decrease, where's the issue? Supply and demand. Simple as that. NX is a business and not a charity. If TfWM think that it should be 12/15 minutes, they can subsidise the the extra bus or two in order to maintain a 12/15 min frequency.

But why should passengers suffer for routes being cut. What would be every 10 mins gets cut to every 15 which increases decline of passengers because of less frequent buses which could mean a cut to every 20 and so on and so forth. All so directors and venture capitalists who own the majority of a companies shares can profiteer.

First in Stoke is just one example.

richardjones210368

Quote from: MW on December 21, 2019, 08:45:20 PM
The simple fact is the 140/241 fitted timetable was axed simply to improve the profit margin on the route by on average 4% to match the industry average in order for NXPLC to present a set of accounts to the city to show increasing profits nothing at all to do with improving services simply dividends and remember I am an accountant and see straight thru what NXWM are doing with thier so called network reviews it happened at Midland Red West when GRT took control the PLC bus companies take the passengers for fools and many who post on this forum.actually believe the spin! They used the same formula in Bartley Green the 22 is now the X22 with a similar frequency cut the X8 is not an improvment its a simple frequency cut to.improve margins when you look at the old 127 129 140 & 241 and compere it to the current X8 & 13A and no one on this site can see it. ( 14 14A & 24 form a business case submitted by NXWM for a block tender and are out of scope for the mode review of my comments as they are subsidised by TfWM) - I am going to get banned I am hopelessly off topic again.mind you.the X8 is part pf the West Dudley Review........

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk