News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Dudley Consultation

Started by Dom, July 22, 2019, 12:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

BusMan Greg

When they mentioned staffordshire I instantly thought of the 54's withdrawal

the trainbasher

What a bloody stupid idea. Merging the 2 with the 82. Watch reliabity fall over!!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BK63 YWP

Wouldn't the extended 8 encounter delays on the Birmingham new road making it unreliable?

I can see the 15 being operated by PN with B7s and the 8 potentially becoming platinum to match the X8 and operated by WN

The 2/A linking with the 82 isn't 2 2s (bushbury to warstones) and 2 (merry hill to Wolverhampton) going to be confusing ?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stuharris 6360

Well interesting ideas I suppose, but a passenger at Stourbridge for example see's 8 to Wolverhampton and climbs on board not realising that there is a quicker option with the 16.

I suppose it happens in other places, Dudley has various routes to Wolverhampton and it is your choice to determine which might be quickest.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

pb2012

Having two routes in wolves with the no.2 they haven't thought that through very well ::) ::)

Pat

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 22, 2019, 01:28:06 PM
What a bloody stupid idea. Merging the 2 with the 82. Watch reliabity fall over!!
That's exactly what I told them in the survey!

Pat

I suggested that they kept the current 15 & 16 route but instead of serving Wombourne and all the little villages, carry on up the A449. A separate service would cover a circular route round Wombourne, Swindon and would also serve Smestow.

Stuharris 6360

I heard people discussing something on the radio this morning and someone commented "oh well silly season is upon us" and the more I think about it, the more that comment bears out.

To me the old saying, If it ain't broke don't try and fix it bears out here. The thought that came to my mind is, Its going to be a quiet summer, lets run a survey.

As for the proposals, I always think that the longer you make a route the more unreliable it is likely to become. This new 2/A/82 service may run ok during less busy periods, but imagine it on a busy evening with the usual traffic around Russells Hall Hospital & Pensnett or a busy pre Christmas Saturday around the Merry Hill Centre.

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Pat

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 22, 2019, 06:56:13 PM
I heard people discussing something on the radio this morning and someone commented "oh well silly season is upon us" and the more I think about it, the more that comment bears out.

To me the old saying, If it ain't broke don't try and fix it bears out here. The thought that came to my mind is, Its going to be a quiet summer, lets run a survey.

As for the proposals, I always think that the longer you make a route the more unreliable it is likely to become. This new 2/A/82 service may run ok during less busy periods, but imagine it on a busy evening with the usual traffic around Russells Hall Hospital & Pensnett or a busy pre Christmas Saturday around the Merry Hill Centre.
The same could be said for the 8 extension.  Also, the merging of the 2/82 brings new connections to Russell's Hall for people in Bilston and Roseville.  Really, I don't see the point as New Cross is nearer so why would people there need a bus to Russell's Hall? 

Jack6101

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on July 22, 2019, 06:59:33 PM
The same could be said for the 8 extension.  Also, the merging of the 2/82 brings new connections to Russell's Hall for people in Bilston and Roseville.  Really, I don't see the point as New Cross is nearer so why would people there need a bus to Russell's Hall? 
But people that live in the Dudley area there assigned to Russel hall hospital
But if I was nx maybe cut the 8 short to Stourbridge , I've have caught  an 8 ( when it was x96)from merry hill and when the 126 went to wolvo and it took around 45 mins In total and that was with a 5 mins wait in Dudley for the 126 it's takes a lot faster then the 15 , and will be abit faster then the 16 from Stourbridge
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 22, 2019, 06:56:13 PM

To me the old saying, If it ain't broke don't try and fix it bears out here.

If that's the case how come the companies that are doing reviews like these, NX, Go South Coast, Arriva Liverpool are the ones where passenger numbers are rising, yet other big cities like London & Manchester are losing passengers

Pat

Quote from: Tony on July 22, 2019, 08:30:08 PM
If that's the case how come the companies that are doing reviews like these, NX, Go South Coast, Arriva Liverpool are the ones where passenger numbers are rising, yet other big cities like London & Manchester are losing passengers
But these major changes in my opinion aren't needed to accommodate rising passenger numbers.  Also, they could increase journey times, cause reliability and punctuality issues and result is passenger numbers falling.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on July 22, 2019, 08:30:08 PM

To me, from the buses I see, i don't see evidence of passenger numbers increasing much.

From where I live now, the 7 service has lost quite a number of passengers, buses that used to run nearly full are now only around 50% full, the 28 seems to be doing well although I can't vouch for the portion of the route between Merry Hill and Halesowen and the new 10A/C is a joke with buses running round virtually empty.

woody38

Good idea bringing back a Wombourne local bus calling at Sainsburys, & a bus to pool house must be over 30 years since they withdraw the old 552, maybe a good idea to run a service down the main Road at peak times like they used to.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk